Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CAA Men's Basketball Tournament
Bookmark and Share
EvanJ Offline
1st String

I Root For: Hofstra and FSU
RE: CAA Men's Basketball Tournament
(03-07-2021 01:29 PM)J.B. Wrote:  Hofstra just pulled away and beat Delaware in the first game today. From what I've seen this year, I still think that Hofstra is the best team in the CAA this year and I picked them to go all the way in the pickem game.
There were 20 lead changes. The only double-digit lead was 80-70 with 37 seconds left. Hofstra hardly used the bench, and I don't know why Vukasin Masic didn't play. Jalen Ray and Caleb Burgess played the whole game, and I hope they're not tired tomorrow. It was the first time in 601 games from 2002-2003 to the present that Hofstra had a player with at least 34 points (Ray's career-high), at least 13 rebounds (Isaac Kante), and at least 8 assists (Caleb Burgess). Hofstra struggled at the free throw line shooting 17-29 (.586) with their second most misses this season. The good thing is that Hofstra shot threes 8-18 (.444), and Hofstra shot threes at least .429 in four of their last five games. Hofstra had 44 rebounds and only 8 turnovers.

Here are the results of a poll of 1,146 people for the winner:

James Madison: 352 (30.7 percent)
Northeastern: 350 (30.5 percent)
Hofstra: 218 (19.0 percent)
You: 101 (8.8 percent)
Charleston: 65 (5.7 percent)
Delaware: 26 (2.3 percent)
William & Mary: 13 (1.1 percent)
UNC Wilmington: 10 (0.9 percent)
Towson: 9 (0.8 percent)
Elon: 2 (0.2 percent)

They had the poll for fourteen conferences, and James Madison had the second lowest percentage for a conference leader. For the West Coast, Gonzaga got 95.7 percent and the field got 4.3 percent. I found that on Twitter. I don't know who the people are.

Elon led early, but James Madison is on an 11-0 run to lean 17-10. Elon made the fourth three to go down 17-13. At the media timeout with 11:24 left in the half, Elon hasn't made any twos. James Madison has 5 fouls already, but nobody has more than one. http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonit...?id=340271 has statistics.

http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonit...?id=340272 has statistics for Hofstra's win.
03-07-2021 02:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dragon For Life Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Drexel
Down goes JMU!
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2021 04:48 PM by Dragon For Life.)
03-07-2021 04:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hiroshimacarp Offline
1st String

i'm just glad they're out so i don't have to hear this talk about scheduling and tournament location. blame should be directed at the league. if jmu took advantage...congrats to them. nobody was around to stop it. i have the attitude that everyone who was left in the caa after odu, vcu, and gmu left should have to cheat to beat us.

hofstra/delaware felt like old times. ud plays an nba offense with no ball movement and settles for jumpers. hofstra had a guy wearing #20 who took all the shots. haven't seen a team so far today that we should've be able to beat if spiker has us ready to play.
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2021 05:00 PM by hiroshimacarp.)
03-07-2021 05:00 PM
Dragon For Life Offline
Special Teams

I hope Drexel wins today but I see a NU vs Hofstra finals coming.
03-07-2021 05:05 PM
J.B. Offline

I watched the first half of the JMU game and then saw on Twitter that they had a big lead, so I didn't even bother watching the 2nd half. I guess you never know what could happen in College Basketball. I was not expecting JMU to go down today. I figure they'd lose tomorrow. Congrats to Elon.
03-07-2021 06:40 PM
EvanJ Offline
1st String

I Root For: Hofstra and FSU
(03-07-2021 06:40 PM)J.B. Wrote:  I watched the first half of the JMU game and then saw on Twitter that they had a big lead, so I didn't even bother watching the 2nd half. I guess you never know what could happen in College Basketball. I was not expecting JMU to go down today. I figure they'd lose tomorrow. Congrats to Elon.
You can watch now if you want. JMU fans are made about two technicals, include one on Coach Byington with 1:13 left. While down 2, JMU missed a three. With 4 seconds left they fouled Hunter McIntosh, who made both of a one-and-one to seal out. JMU's leading scorer other than Lewis is Vado Morse. He shot 7-20, which includes banking in a three at the buzzer to lose 72-71.

I don't plan on staying up for your game. I'd rather stay up for the second Semifinal tomorrow.

It will be the first CAA Tournament game between Hofstra and Elon. The only team Hofstra is or was in the CAA with who Hofstra hasn't played and won't play tomorrow is Charleston. In Charleston's first six seasons, they were on the opposite half of the bracket as Hofstra. Last year they were on the same half, but 4 seed Charleston lost to 5 seed Delaware. Hofstra moved above .500 to 19-18 in the CAA Tournament.

Chris Doherty has 14 rebounds. He's the only one of Northeastern's top three rebounders who is playing. Shaquille Walters (10.5 points, 6.6 rebounds, 2.6 assists, and 1.2 steals) and Jason Strong (9.8 points and 4.5 rebounds) did not play.

Edit: Doherty has 16 rebounds. The CAA Tournament record is 23 by Hofstra's Rokas Gustys on March 7, 2016 when Hofstra blew the Final and lost in overtime to UNCW.
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2021 07:36 PM by EvanJ.)
03-07-2021 07:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
J.B. Offline

I vaguely recall that in both Drexel/JMU games, JMU had a bunch of hot heads and was called for several technical fouls. This doesn't shock me at all. I think I'm going to tune into the final 10 minutes before the Drexel game starts. Thanks for the heads up.
03-07-2021 07:44 PM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

NU won big after being down early. Elon was the only surprise. Elon has been playing well, and without Lewis, was not a complete shock. The collapse by JMU in the 2nd half was a surprise. I hope we come ready to play. CofC is not good. I think we all agree there. However even without their best player we dropped 2 to them. Our history against them isnt good. I agree the teams are going the opposite direction, I just hope we are ready for the win or go home game shortly. That has not been our forte. NU is tough. They are why I truly didnt feel we had much shot to win this whole thing. But playing tonight sure beats having to have been in the pillow fight games yesterday. I have us winning this one, but I expect it to be neck and neck and nerve racking the entire way. I hope I am wrong
03-07-2021 08:20 PM
Dragon For Life Offline
Special Teams

I think it will be a close game similar to NU and then hopefully a big win
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2021 09:33 PM by Dragon For Life.)
03-07-2021 09:32 PM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

U8 up 8. Keep it going!
03-07-2021 09:57 PM
Dragon For Life Offline
Special Teams

Walton lighting it up!
03-07-2021 10:03 PM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

U4 timeout (1:08 remaining). 16-26 overall, 7-11 from 3. We lead by 12 now, 39-29. 0-3 from FT is the only blemish so far.
03-07-2021 10:05 PM
Dragon For Life Offline
Special Teams

41-29! Hopefully they keep the fire up!
03-07-2021 10:10 PM
Dragon For Life Offline
Special Teams

Random Question.. is Coletrane eligible for a Redshirt season? I didn't realize he was injured all season. I know he was a junior this year.
03-07-2021 10:13 PM
J.B. Offline

What's with the fast break offense in the 2nd half. Are they just trying to mix things up? It hasn't hurt them yet as their tied so far this half at the U16 and still up 12. But it seems like I'm watching a different team out there right now.
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2021 10:33 PM by J.B..)
03-07-2021 10:30 PM
J.B. Offline

(03-07-2021 10:13 PM)Dragon For Life Wrote:  Random Question.. is Coletrane eligible for a Redshirt season? I didn't realize he was injured all season. I know he was a junior this year.

I don't think they missed him much and probably wouldn't get much playing time next year. They have a lot of 3-point weapons as it is.
03-07-2021 10:34 PM
Dragon For Life Offline
Special Teams

I think he is better than Okros and Bell
03-07-2021 10:36 PM
J.B. Offline

Charleston only down 7, 54-47. I'm treating the 2nd half like it's a separate game, and it's like a different Drexel team is playing this half.

First half was smooth. Lots of ball control, found open shots, hit open shots, few turnovers.

2nd half, rushing the ball up the court, rushing shots, leaving guys open, turning the ball over, just not crisp on offense.
03-07-2021 10:41 PM
J.B. Offline

2 huge shots by Oden, that 2nd one that banked in was improbable. Counteracted those 2 long 3-pointers by Harvey. Drexel up by 11 at the U12.
03-07-2021 10:45 PM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

I like that every time Harvey hits a 3 we seem to get a bucket back to keep them at arms reach
03-07-2021 10:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.