Transfering. Best of luck, Myles!
03-13-2020 11:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SomebodyToLove Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Northeastern
RE: Myles Franklin
Never found his footing here. Had some nice moments with some glimpses of real CAA talent but it just didn't work out. All the best to him.
03-13-2020 12:12 PM
NUFan35 Offline
2nd String

Man, he must have been miserable, The sports world ended on a dime and the entire world is focused elsewhere and he is the transfer portal. My hope for him is that he becomes less tone deaf as he enters his 30's and 40's.

Back to the actual topic, best of luck to him. Paragraph 1 notwithstanding, he seems like a good kid who can play somewhere
03-13-2020 01:44 PM
Advertisement

NUGUY Offline
1st String

I Root For: nu
[quote='NUFan35' pid='16735241' dateline='1584125050']
Man, he must have been miserable, The sports world ended on a dime and the entire world is focused elsewhere and he is the transfer portal. My hope for him is that he becomes less tone deaf as he enters his 30's and 40's.

Huh? When Tyson went down and Walters got all the point guard minutes Myles saw the writing on the wall. He got a NU degree, which is a big deal, and now he can go somewhere where there isn't all that talent ahead of him and play a lot of minutes.
03-13-2020 04:15 PM
NUFan35 Offline
2nd String

I don’t think I articulated my point well. To transfer is completely reasonable. To do so within 24 hours of what’s been going on is pretty silly in my opinion
03-13-2020 04:34 PM
Advertisement

NUGUY Offline
1st String

(03-13-2020 04:34 PM)NUFan35 Wrote:  I don’t think I articulated my point well. To transfer is completely reasonable. To do so within 24 hours of what’s been going on is pretty silly in my opinion

And why is that silly? Plus, dissing a player who has worked hard and given his best on his way out is pretty stupid.
03-13-2020 06:56 PM
NUFan35 Offline
2nd String

I just think it is silly given the environment in the world at this second. This is a message board so we can both have an opinion. And I actually didn't dis him. I said he must have been miserable and that his timing could have been better in my opinion. And I also said he seemed like a good kid who could play.
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2020 07:47 PM by NUFan35.)
03-13-2020 07:13 PM
Advertisement

NUGUY Offline
1st String

(03-13-2020 07:13 PM)NUFan35 Wrote:  I just think it is silly given the environment in the world at this second. This is a message board so we can both have an opinion. And I actually didn't dis him. I said he must have been miserable and that his timing could have been better in my opinion. And I also said he seemed like a good kid who could play.

You still didn't explain why it is silly for him to enter the portal now! THE END OF THE SEASON IS WHEN PLAYERS DO IT!!! You didn't dis him??? You said, "My hope for him is that he becomes less tone deaf as he enters his 30's and 40's." Some of your posts made me wonder if you are a NU fan or someone trying to make us look bad. This last post where you look like a jerk throwing an ex recruit under the bus when he is down looks like more proof.
03-13-2020 08:09 PM
NUFan35 Offline
2nd String

First off, I promise I am a fan. I’ve been a season ticket holder since the Mark Halsel days. Not that my resume matters

Anyway, sorry I bothered you with my opinion. I just thought he could wait a week while the country gathers itself and deals with a pandemic and people are literally dying. Again, just an opinion. I don’t know what other posts make you think I was trying to make the team look bad but you’re obviously overlooking a ton of good ones too. If this is a message board where you can’t offer opinions, I apologize and will back off. I’m guessing you’ve been on the board longer than I (much longer) and I rub you the wrong way so I will back off the thread anytime you post. Sorry I bothered you
03-13-2020 08:39 PM
Advertisement

NUGUY Offline
1st String

(03-13-2020 08:39 PM)NUFan35 Wrote:  First off, I promise I am a fan. I’ve been a season ticket holder since the Mark Halsel days. Not that my resume matters

Anyway, sorry I bothered you with my opinion. I just thought he could wait a week while the country gathers itself and deals with a pandemic and people are literally dying. Again, just an opinion. I don’t know what other posts make you think I was trying to make the team look bad but you’re obviously overlooking a ton of good ones too. If this is a message board where you can’t offer opinions, I apologize and will back off. I’m guessing you’ve been on the board longer than I (much longer) and I rub you the wrong way so I will back off the thread anytime you post. Sorry I bothered you

Okay. If you remember Mark H then you are a probably legit NU fan. If we can agree that we shouldn't put down guys when they leave our program then we are okay.
03-13-2020 08:59 PM
geewizNU Offline
All American

You two need to chill. We’re all on the same side. I don’t think NUFan35 was deliberately trying to insult Franklin.

Back to the topic ...

I’m not surprised.

The problem for him will be, who's going to take a player with just one year of eligibility, wasn’t a starter and who has to sit out a season?

In any event I wish him the best because he seems like a nice kid.
03-14-2020 12:50 AM
NUGUY Offline
1st String

(03-14-2020 12:50 AM)geewizNU Wrote:  You two need to chill. We’re all on the same side. I don’t think NUFan35 was deliberately trying to insult Franklin.

Back to the topic ...

I’m not surprised.

The problem for him will be, who's going to take a player with just one year of eligibility, wasn’t a starter and who has to sit out a season?

In any event I wish him the best because he seems like a nice kid.

The guy from 247 Sports who broke the story said that Myles "will graduate and transfer" so as a grad transfer he won't have to sit out a year. "Sit one, play ones" like Occeus are a tougher sell.
03-14-2020 09:43 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.