Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The tourney
Bookmark and Share
NUGUY Offline
1st String

I Root For: nu
RE: The tourney
(03-15-2019 03:26 PM)EvanJ Wrote:  
(03-13-2019 12:04 AM)geewizNU Wrote:  Hope Hofstra does really well in the NIT. JMF if the best pure scorer in the CAA since NU has been in the league.
Thank you.

(03-14-2019 01:28 AM)geewizNU Wrote:  Like I said, I guess you haven’t looked in the Pride mirror, because your team has no bulldogs except JWF.
That isn't true. Pemberton might be on the Preseason First Team, and Buie might be on the Preseason Second Team. The only returning players who averaged more points and more rebounds than him were Knight and Fobbs. The only returning players who averaged more points and more assists than him were Riller, Knight, and Lewis. Taylor averaged 8.3 points and 8.8 rebounds with a field goal percentage of .720. He's not a bad player because of one game. In his two regular season games against you, he averaged 10 points and 9 rebounds and made 8 of 12 field goals. Green shoots field goals .684, which is great, but not as good as Taylor, and Taylor shoots free throws much better, .707 to .549. Coburn shot threes .430 and Ray should threes .398. Hofstra didn't have much outside their top six. I'm not saying Hofstra is better than you or that Hofstra's top six is better than your top six, but Hofstra's top six is very good, and four of them will return. There's even a chance of getting one more season of eligibility for Taylor, who could lead the CAA in rebounds per game if he stays.

As for headlines, the better seed being an underdog can also happen in the NFL playoffs, especially in a 3 vs. 6 or 4 vs. 5 game where a division winner is at home but underdogs because they're several games worse than a wild card team. I don't expect the media to look at betting lines, and I'm fine with the media calling it an upset and calling you the underdog even if it wasn't true. It is ridiculous for the Globe to use the word "stun." "Stun" shouldn't be used when a 2 beats a 1 unless the 1 was much better, which wasn't the case. Saying "stun" shows either ignorance about the teams, a willingness to make inaccurate headlines to make people read them, or a desire to make a local team sound more impressive than they were by praising their opponent's season too much. I make these statements regardless of the teams. If Hofstra and Northeastern switched seasons, Hofstra was the 2 that beat you as the 1, and Newsday said Hofstra stunned Northeastern, I would complain about that.

I root for CAA teams in NCAA Tournaments in all sports, including FCS Football that Hofstra doesn't play. However, I root for Florida State over every CAA team other than Hofstra. I don't want Florida State to play Northeastern, but that's what Joe Lunardi has in a 4-13 game. If Florida State does play Northeastern, I'll root for the winner for the rest of the tournament. My preferred Final would be Florida State over Northeastern, with Michigan (I had relatives go there) and Buffalo (a non-religious mid-major in New York) losing in a Semifinal. I may try to go to games in Hartford if Florida State plays there. I wouldn't go to Hartford just for a CAA team other than Hofstra, but I would love a 4-13 and 5-12 doubleheader with Florida State and Northeastern in different games.

As usual, I have a hard time disagreeing with anything you post and I'll pass on which team has the most hardnosed, determined or gutsy players. My sole beef in this dustup is the use of an incindiary word by one of your guys to describe our team which has implications that go WAY beyond how we run our offense. I'm hoping FSU is not our matchup. We need every rooter we can get.
(This post was last modified: 03-15-2019 09:16 PM by NUGUY.)
03-15-2019 05:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NUGUY Offline
1st String

I want Nevada.
03-15-2019 08:06 PM
geewizNU Offline
All American

I Root For: Northeastern
(03-15-2019 09:49 AM)HUPride Wrote:  
(03-14-2019 09:30 AM)NUGUY Wrote:  What Wiz said. Hofstra brings in more talent than every other CAA team year after year and then we all watch the "coaching malpractice" as you ignore the defensive half of the game. Do you have any idea how many wide open threes you handed us? And you call us soft for taking all those free shots? The game has changed. You haven't

Ok boys, settle down, FD was referring to your offensive style which is a bit different that ours. Congratulations on your championship, it's well deserved and you guys were the better team in the finals and arguably over the last third of the season.
Doesn't mean you need to trash Hofstra. I for one was thrilled that two old AE teams were fighting on rebel territory for the CAA Championship!

We've come a long way and I'll be rooting for you guys in the Dance.

I wouldn’t have trashed HU if he didn’t say “own it”, which is dumb to say.

Like I said, it’s okay to say you dislike or hate our style of play. But never say another team or player is soft. That’s fighting words in the Bronx where I’m from.

I complimented your team earlier.
(This post was last modified: 03-15-2019 11:38 PM by geewizNU.)
03-15-2019 11:37 PM
EvanJ Offline
1st String

I Root For: Hofstra and FSU
(03-15-2019 08:06 PM)NUGUY Wrote:  I want Nevada.
After they lost yesterday, ESPN dropped them to a 6. I think we can agree that you will get a 12 or worse and not play Nevada if they get a 6 or worse.

Three days ago, ESPN's Jay Bilas ranked you 62nd. That's among any teams, not the teams in a bracket that must include every conference.

http://www.bracketmatrix.com/ is a compilation of 111 brackets.
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2019 07:10 AM by EvanJ.)
03-16-2019 06:49 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NUGUY Offline
1st String

I'm not surprised they lost. In the pregame they announced that a player described as their "heart and soul" was done.....which is why I wanted them. There could be a lot more movement in the seedings today.
03-16-2019 07:58 AM
NUGUY Offline
1st String

Just saw that we're back on with Kansas and that one of the thirteens (Liberty) is now a twelve.
03-16-2019 08:05 AM
Seahawkhoops Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
The tourney
Good luck on your draw in a bit guys, hope y’all get a favorable matchup!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
03-17-2019 04:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.