Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CAA Postseason Awards: Who you got?
Bookmark and Share
billthebighawksfan Offline
All American

I Root For: UNCW
RE: CAA Postseason Awards: Who you got?
Riller should be at least 2nd team and Brantley should also be 2nd team or at least 3rd team All CAA. Their Big 3 are awesome and why they are the best team. As Mull pointed out, they have 3 of the top 8 players in the league. Maybe not top 8, but certainly top 15. It's hard to deal with 3 guys like that. Hofstra has great talent also but doesn't defend like C of C. At least Chealey and Gustys are gone next year so that will even it back up for the Hawks to get back in the mix.
02-08-2018 11:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dan10 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Drexel
(02-07-2018 10:29 PM)Seahawk Nation 08 Wrote:  I didn't do Defensive Player of the Year, because I have no clue who wins it this time around. Jarrell Brantley? Nathan Knight? Someone else?

Austin Williams of Drexel will be in the mix for DPOY without a doubt.
02-09-2018 07:27 AM
Seahawkhoops Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-08-2018 11:04 PM)billthebighawksfan Wrote:  At least Chealey and Gustys are gone next year so that will even it back up for the Hawks to get back in the mix.
We lose Talley too... At least we have Cacock
02-09-2018 09:05 AM
Seahawk Nation 08 Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-09-2018 09:05 AM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  We lose Talley too... At least we have Cacock

The Talley loss will be huge. I know this has been discussed in other threads, but we're desperately going to need to add a PG this offseason, via either a Graduate transfer OR the JUCO route. We can't go into next season with Toews, Brown and Gary as our only point guard options.
02-09-2018 09:11 AM
Seahawkhoops Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-09-2018 09:11 AM)Seahawk Nation 08 Wrote:  
(02-09-2018 09:05 AM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  We lose Talley too... At least we have Cacock

The Talley loss will be huge. I know this has been discussed in other threads, but we're desperately going to need to add a PG this offseason, via either a Graduate transfer OR the JUCO route. We can't go into next season with Toews, Brown and Gary as our only point guard options.

He's been an undervalued piece of the puzzle his whole time here it seems. He just goes out, and does his job.
02-09-2018 09:17 AM
Gary Miller Offline
1st String

I Root For: UNCW Seahawks
(02-09-2018 09:17 AM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  
(02-09-2018 09:11 AM)Seahawk Nation 08 Wrote:  

He's been an undervalued piece of the puzzle his whole time here it seems. He just goes out, and does his job.

Tally is quite the competitor, plays with grit and compassion. Has been a true blessing for 1st year D1 coaches twice in his career. I however, have been checking out Toews. I wouldn't be surprised if he's good enough to run the show next year. His High School team has 6 D1 commits on it and he is starting PG. I understand the hesitation going forward with a freshman, but I think he's gonna be more prepared for college ball than Gary and Estime were this year.
02-09-2018 09:37 AM
Hall of Famer

(02-09-2018 09:37 AM)Gary Miller Wrote:  Tally is quite the competitor, plays with grit and compassion. Has been a true blessing for 1st year D1 coaches twice in his career. I however, have been checking out Toews. I wouldn't be surprised if he's good enough to run the show next year. His High School team has 6 D1 commits on it and he is starting PG. I understand the hesitation going forward with a freshman, but I think he's gonna be more prepared for college ball than Gary and Estime were this year.

For sure. I am very confident Toews is going to be the real deal.

But my comment about needing to add a PG was for depth purposes. Even if Toews starts from Day 1, we need another capable, veteran ball-handler to share backup duties with Brown.
02-09-2018 09:50 AM
Gary Miller Offline
1st String

(02-09-2018 09:50 AM)Seahawk Nation 08 Wrote:  
(02-09-2018 09:37 AM)Gary Miller Wrote:  Tally is quite the competitor, plays with grit and compassion. Has been a true blessing for 1st year D1 coaches twice in his career. I however, have been checking out Toews. I wouldn't be surprised if he's good enough to run the show next year. His High School team has 6 D1 commits on it and he is starting PG. I understand the hesitation going forward with a freshman, but I think he's gonna be more prepared for college ball than Gary and Estime were this year.

For sure. I am very confident Toews is going to be the real deal.

But my comment about needing to add a PG was for depth purposes. Even if Toews starts from Day 1, we need another capable, veteran ball-handler to share backup duties with Brown.

Completely understood. It would be great if someone became available Post Grad
02-09-2018 01:12 PM
Seahawk2010 Offline
Special Teams

Jacque Brown has looked good at PG this year. He is small, but has shown he can defend at the DI level and can push the tempo. He would be a solid back up PG, or even start beginning the year depending on how ready Toewes is.

I really would love a Grad transfer big man to go along with Cacok and Cylla.
02-09-2018 07:58 PM
Seahawk2010 Offline
Special Teams

Also, if we have an open scholarship at the beginning of next season, Jacque Brown more than deserves to be on scholarship.

I'm done typing about next year, with this season still with us and a lot to play for. We have shown we can compete with every team in the CAA (I guess minus Hofstra, but we will find out tomorrow night)!

Go Hawks!
02-09-2018 08:07 PM
billthebighawksfan Offline
All American

I'm sorry for getting off topic but I have to get involved here...

I'm the biggest Talley fan in the world...and he and everybody here knows that. That kid is nice and has stepped the heck up big. He has that IT factor and I told y'all that and he delivered. He competes and I don't won't anybody else taking that big shot. He freaking owns it and I love that. That step back 22 footer when you need it is money and he does it with regularity so it's for real.

Getting to next year. All teams are different. The deal is that guys like Taylor and Fornes plus Estime and Gary are getting ready to deliver and are already delivering. When you have a guy like Towes, their game gets a lot easier next year, after seasoning with Talley, because he is an ELITE passer so he will get them easy looks and will ball hawk with some size. He also has great shot presentation so he will eventually knock down 3 balls if you need him to. And, I agree that Brown can really be in that mix with his speed and willingness to take the shot and to drive and kick the ball. PG shouldn't be a problem you would think so no need to go crazy there unless you get a good combo guy.

At this point, the staff has to decide how to go with the last 3 grants. There's been banter of Brown receiving a grant and that is certainly an option. If I were them, I would certainly get another slasher combo that can handle and defend plus without question get an athletic big that can defend the rim and run the floor. After that, that's up to the staff. They already know this because that's the need to round this up. You have to not only match up with the CAA but think beyond that point against top level competition. Cacok could use another athletic big compliment and one that is young to understudy. Having someone that can alter/block shots is huge at any level and this staff can develop his offensive game. You can run guys off the line if you have someone to erase mistakes. I'm rambling so I'll stop, but it's obvious where they're going to go. This staff knows needs and won't make a mistake. I'm convinced that we're headed in the right direction wrt to recruiting and game management. I know this because as soon as I'm thinking something, he's doing it. That's a good sign to me.
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2018 12:52 AM by billthebighawksfan.)
02-09-2018 11:23 PM
EvanJ Offline
1st String

I Root For: Hofstra and FSU
(02-07-2018 10:14 PM)Seahawk Nation 08 Wrote:  CAA All-Rookie Team

All-Rookie Team: Ryan Allen, Delaware; Matt Lewis, JMU; Kevin Anderson, Delaware; Darius Banks, JMU, Tomas Murphy, NU
Anderson is injured and will finish with 11 games.

(02-08-2018 11:04 PM)billthebighawksfan Wrote:  Riller should be at least 2nd team and Brantley should also be 2nd team or at least 3rd team All CAA. Their Big 3 are awesome and why they are the best team. As Mull pointed out, they have 3 of the top 8 players in the league.
Brantley might be among the top 8 players, but considering he missed 10 games, he won't be among the top 8 contributors. His field goal percentage only including two-pointers is worse than Cacok, Gustys, and Knight. Those three average more rebounds than Brantley, who feel from 8.4 last season to 6.1 now. Gustys and Knight are on good teams, and even giving Brantley a bonus for being on the likely regular season champion, Cacok is better.
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2018 10:23 AM by EvanJ.)
02-10-2018 10:13 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hall of Famer

(02-09-2018 07:58 PM)Seahawk2010 Wrote:  Jacque Brown has looked good at PG this year. He is small, but has shown he can defend at the DI level and can push the tempo. He would be a solid back up PG, or even start beginning the year depending on how ready Toewes is.

Don't forget about Elmore. But considering that both Cylla and Elmore project to be 4's rather than 5's, it certainly would be worth our while to find more of a 5 to add to the rotation.
02-10-2018 11:41 AM
Hall of Famer

(02-10-2018 10:13 AM)EvanJ Wrote:  Anderson is injured and will finish with 11 games.

Good point. Perhaps Hofstra's Jalen Ray takes that spot then.
02-10-2018 11:42 AM
Seahawk2010 Offline
Special Teams

(02-10-2018 11:41 AM)Seahawk Nation 08 Wrote:  
(02-09-2018 07:58 PM)Seahawk2010 Wrote:  Jacque Brown has looked good at PG this year. He is small, but has shown he can defend at the DI level and can push the tempo. He would be a solid back up PG, or even start beginning the year depending on how ready Toewes is.

Don't forget about Elmore. But considering that both Cylla and Elmore project to be 4's rather than 5's, it certainly would be worth our while to find more of a 5 to add to the rotation.

Good call, I missed him. McGrath was very high on him this past summer so that is a great sign. If he can become a Dylan Sherwood type stretch 4 that will be an added bonus.

But I agree we need a true 5, ideally one with some D1 experience. It has been a very long time since we have had a true 5 that was effective.

And who knows maybe Joe Wolf will work magic on Kalina!
02-10-2018 02:53 PM
Proff Offline
1st String

Needs to be more miracle than just magic.

Sent from my SM-G955U using CSNbbs mobile app
02-10-2018 04:31 PM
B_Hawk06 Offline

I Root For: UNCW / America
(02-10-2018 04:31 PM)Proff Wrote:  Needs to be more miracle than just magic.

Sent from my SM-G955U using CSNbbs mobile app

It's a shame that hasn't worked out as well as we had hoped, but... that's a spot that shouldn't be holding a scholarship.
02-10-2018 04:39 PM
geewizNU Offline
All American

I Root For: Northeastern
If Drexel were to somehow make it in the top 6, Zach Spiker might be Coach of the Year.
02-11-2018 01:06 AM
Gary Miller Offline
1st String

(02-11-2018 01:06 AM)geewizNU Wrote:  If Drexel were to somehow make it in the top 6, Zach Spiker might be Coach of the Year.

Interesting. If that were to be the case, he deserves to be in the conversation. Gonna be hard to not give it to Coen or Shaver though
02-11-2018 03:37 PM
82hawk Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UN CW
William and Mary was picked to finish 8th. and could very well finish 2nd. or 3rd. If that happens, Shaver has to be considered for COY.
02-11-2018 06:02 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.