Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

W&M (home)
Bookmark and Share
dan10 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Drexel
W&M (home)
Our team finally got a chance to breathe and rest after 5 games in 10 days. However, I am not sure the rest will help us in this one. W&M throttled us a little over a week ago. Their offense will still cause us lots of fits. We really will need to commit to defense if we want this one to stay close. We played absolutely zero defense last time against them and that must change.

They will likely be without Omar Prewitt which should help us out some. We need to commit to Rodney down low and let him work. That will open up our shooters as they collapse on him. Their defense is not good either so scoring will come, but it can't be stressed enough about putting all of the focus on the defensive end. I would venture to guess Drexel will be about a 4 point underdog in this one. I think this game will be closer than the last one, but I just don't see us slowing down their offensive machine or Daniel Dixon.

W&M- 86
DU- 78
02-08-2017 09:11 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bdragon Offline
Bench Warmer

RE: W&M (home)
W&M is the better team in this one, even on the road. We'll play them close in one of the "halves" but in the other half, W&M will overmatch Drexel by about 10 pts. (Saturday is the game we'll win, this week.)
02-08-2017 01:58 PM
Water Boy Offline
2nd String

(02-08-2017 01:58 PM)bdragon Wrote:  W&M is the better team in this one, even on the road. We'll play them close in one of the "halves" but in the other half, W&M will overmatch Drexel by about 10 pts. (Saturday is the game we'll win, this week.)

Prewitt has been out and could miss the game and they've had others sick and out of practice including Dixon. I think we should at least be able to keep it close.
02-08-2017 10:29 PM
Dragon For Life Offline
Special Teams

Sounds like the Steelers... maybe someone should pull the fire alarm too :).
02-08-2017 11:16 PM
EvanJ Offline
1st String

I Root For: Hofstra and FSU
http://warrennolan.com/basketball/2017/predict-games gives a "Resid Prediction" for Drexel to lose their third consecutive close game, 85-84.
02-09-2017 08:37 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Water Boy Offline
2nd String

11 - 0 is the start we all expected right? Kari on fire.
02-09-2017 07:10 PM
Water Boy Offline
2nd String

I was pretty sure the 20+ point lead wouldn't last, but hey you have to take a 10 point lead at the half. Hopefully we can keep it going in the second half. Kurk had a quiet first half, I think we'll need him to get going a bit to go with Rodney inside. Or another 16 from Kari would be good.
02-09-2017 07:53 PM
J.B. Offline

I was really surprised by the way that they played in the 2nd half. I was expecting WM to make a big run and close the game. Credit the team for the big win.

On the way home, listening to the postgame show. I got a big laugh from Iceman when he said in his European accent "We were really pissed off by the way we played against William and Mary last time".

I thought all season that this team is much better than their record indicates. Now we'll find out if tonight was a fluke, or will they be able to carry this momentum the rest of the season.
02-09-2017 09:26 PM
Water Boy Offline
2nd String

I pretty much agree with everything JB said there.

Perhaps the most surprising thing for me about the second half is that we did it without Rodney scoring a lot.

It was nice to hear Spiker giving a shout out to the walkons postgame both on the radio and his press conference.
02-09-2017 10:48 PM
Advertisement

dan10 Offline
Heisman

I thought at half we were doomed. W&M shot 48% overall in the first half and we led by 10, and that was with W&M like 2-10 from 3 point land. We were shooting like 47% and I assumed we would regress and they would keep lighting us up. However, that didnt happen and it was nice to see this team keep the effort up in the second half. I know W&M has road problems, but this was about the most complete game we have played this year, or at least during conference play anyhow. Good work all around by the players and coaches
02-10-2017 07:14 AM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

Would have been nice if Sucks would have lost so we can make sure we stay ahead of them in the standings. We shouldnt lose to them at the Bob but everyone else seems to be or at least struggling.
02-10-2017 07:37 AM
MedicSBK Offline
Bench Warmer

At the risk of taking something away from last night's victory that was a William & Mary team that was not 100% healthy. That said, overall that was one of the best performances I have seen from this team this season. Here is my writeup on the game..

http://alwaysadragon.com/postgame-william-mary-home/
02-10-2017 09:53 AM
bdragon Offline
Bench Warmer

(02-08-2017 01:58 PM)bdragon Wrote:  W&M is the better team in this one, even on the road. We'll play them close in one of the "halves" but in the other half, W&M will overmatch Drexel by about 10 pts. (Saturday is the game we'll win, this week.)

First, I couldn't have been more wrong on my prediction, and I'm glad.

Second, I was one of the 533 in attendance and it was great to see this team click on almost all levels. Funny, how even a 20 point lead didn't feel safe until the waning moments, thanks to that Hofstra game.

Third, winning will certainly cure this, but the DAC pack was non-existent. There might have been 5 people in the front rows behind the basket that were trying, but it was sad to see how far its fallen. I wish the current DAC Pack Pres and the committee luck in rebuilding it to its former glory.

Finally, under the radar player of the game for me was Mo Bah. Played a solid 10 minutes. Had a nice touch to his shots. Big time jam. Solid filler for when the Williamses needed a seat.
02-10-2017 10:07 AM
Advertisement

J.B. Offline

(02-10-2017 09:53 AM)MedicSBK Wrote:  At the risk of taking something away from last night's victory that was a William & Mary team that was not 100% healthy. That said, overall that was one of the best performances I have seen from this team this season. Here is my writeup on the game..

http://alwaysadragon.com/postgame-william-mary-home/

Yeah,
I did read the W&M fans whining about that on their 22 page bitching thread over there about everyone and their mothers all having the flu. But technically, Drexel isn't healthy either, since they lost Overton for the year. So as we all know, sickness and injuries can no longer be an excuse for any team.
02-10-2017 10:08 AM
Dragon For Life Offline
Special Teams

I like the tradition of beating W & M in February :).
02-10-2017 02:47 PM
Water Boy Offline
2nd String

(02-10-2017 02:47 PM)Dragon For Life Wrote:  I like the tradition of beating W & M in February :).

The last time they beat us in February was a 48-47 loss back in 2009. I guess things have changed a bit since then.

Although things have gone well in February, they have won the last 5 games in January.
02-10-2017 04:25 PM
jcohen42 Offline
Special Teams

(02-10-2017 10:07 AM)bdragon Wrote:  Third, winning will certainly cure this, but the DAC pack was non-existent. There might have been 5 people in the front rows behind the basket that were trying, but it was sad to see how far its fallen. I wish the current DAC Pack Pres and the committee luck in rebuilding it to its former glory.

I feel like there's a subtle vibe right now that the people who stand and chant are just a core group and their friends, and since there's so much other space on the bleachers, there's a lot of room to sit separately and form individual groups. I think the DAC Pack could really do with having more general body meetings to help people get involved without having to just jump into the group during a game, and/or flyers during games to explain various chants/traditions or anything to know about opposing teams.
02-11-2017 08:18 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.