Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Final 2 games of 2016
Bookmark and Share
Dragon For Life Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Drexel
Final 2 games of 2016
So with two games left of 2016 at Quinnipiac and at Penn we currently are at 5-6 for the year. If we end the year 7-6 or 6-7( more likely) or worst case 5-7 what will your feelings of our young Dragons be?

Personally, I see us being 7-6 to close out the year, which continues to make me happy. I am still excited about the future of our dragons. I like what I seeing from Rodney and Austin Williams, Lee, Kari, Green. Which also makes me mad at Bruiser for not playing Austin barely at all.

In my eyes if we end the 2016-17 season in the top 6 no matter what the wins/losses are as a success, as we were projected to be 9th.

Thoughts?
(This post was last modified: 12-20-2016 01:15 AM by Dragon For Life.)
12-20-2016 01:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

dan10 Offline
Heisman

RE: Final 2 games of 2016
Hard to judge how we will fare in conference because, in general, the rest of the CAA is better than the teams we played in the non conference slate. We are still going to struggle to win games if we dont clamp down on defense. I think we are a 7/8 type of team. We are better than both JMU and Delaware, but not sure if we are better right now than any other team.

As far as these next two games, they need to follow the path set by Spiker and keep working on their issues. Keeping working on lowering turnovers and getting stops on defense. Both are winnable games, but both are just as easily losable games. I actually won't be shocked if we drop both but our season thus far has been quite bright, and so is our future. Spiker, up to this point, has done nothing short of something miraculous with this team. We have been building and certainly see glimmers of hope, which in a lost season is more than many of us expected. So even though we will lose a lot of games this year, this team is still playing hard and exciting to watch, and that is something most of us are not used to with bad teams.
12-20-2016 07:25 AM
J.B. Offline

Right now, there are enough games completed that I think the RPI tells a pretty good picture of how good or bad teams are thus far.

So Drexel is now 4-6 (excluding Kean) with an RPI of 180. That basically puts them in the middle of the pack in the country. They are 0-4 against top 100 teams, and 4-1 against 200+ teams. Rider was the only team they played with a similar RPI and Drexel lost a tight game on the road to them. Niagara looks like their only really bad loss so far, but it was a road game. So based on those projections, I'm going to say that Drexel will be just average this season. Not terrible..not great. They're middle of the pack in the country, so I'll say they'll be middle of the pack in a very average CAA.

My Prediction: 1-1 in their final 2 OOC games. 9-9 in the CAA. 6th Place in the CAA, and they lose their first CAAT game. Final record of 15-17.

They 2 factors for their success will be the unknown and depth. In the past, the CAA opponents seemed to know Drexel's gameplan better than Drexel did. Also, Bruiser seemed to have very little confidence in his bench player. He always seemed to stick to a 7-8 man rotation, and his starters who didn't get into foul trouble would be worn out by the end. This year, there's a bit of an unknown with Spiker's game plan. They will be harder to prediction, and tougher for opponents to figure out what they are going to do. He also seems to have more confidence in his bench. If they can stay healthy, they've got about 10 guys who he can put on the floor at any time to keep the starters fresh. It won't be enough to dominate in the CAA, but I feel confident that this team is prepared and ready for a battle.
12-20-2016 12:11 PM
Dragon For Life Offline
Special Teams

So far except for Major we have had a pretty healthy team which is a first time in years. I love what I am seeing from Green, Lee and Kari. so hopefully he continues to progress and next year we get two shooters via transfers.

The one thing I do worry about in the future is we do not have a Rodney replacement yet. I hope its Austin Williams but we may be a little weak inside. I think we will win 1 game in the CAAT assuming we don't get matched up with UNCW.
(This post was last modified: 12-20-2016 10:49 PM by Dragon For Life.)
12-20-2016 10:49 PM
Advertisement

MedicSBK Offline
Bench Warmer

(12-20-2016 10:49 PM)Dragon For Life Wrote:  So far except for Major we have had a pretty healthy team which is a first time in years. I love what I am seeing from Green, Lee and Kari. so hopefully he continues to progress and next year we get two shooters via transfers.

The one thing I do worry about in the future is we do not have a Rodney replacement yet. I hope its Austin Williams but we may be a little weak inside. I think we will win 1 game in the CAAT assuming we don't get matched up with UNCW.

Jarvis Doles has signed a LOI. I'm going to see him play next week baring some sort of major snag down in Salisbury in a tournament. I'll have more to report back on that one.

They also have a scholarship offer out to Daniel Mading from St. Anthony's. I've seen him play, and the kid has ability. Plus he comes from Hurley's program and is rated 3.7 stars or higher across the board. He'd be the guy IF they could lock him up. To Drexel's benefit, they are the school closest to home for Mading.
12-21-2016 12:25 AM
Dragon For Life Offline
Special Teams

Thanks keep us updated! Also next year I would love to have Frantz brother join our squad assuming the scholarship is still out there for him.
12-21-2016 01:05 AM
MedicSBK Offline
Bench Warmer

(12-21-2016 01:05 AM)Dragon For Life Wrote:  Thanks keep us updated! Also next year I would love to have Frantz brother join our squad assuming the scholarship is still out there for him.

That will be an interesting one to see now that Bruiser is gone. The list on Verbal Commits is interesting. I want Mading BAD, but I'm a huge Bob Hurley fanboy...
12-21-2016 07:40 AM
Dragon For Life Offline
Special Teams

Jaylen is a 5 star recruit in 2018... if we could get him here.. wow! It seems like Spiker is targeting Euro players the next few years. Interesting strategy. I'll settle for Frantz brother and Mading haha
12-21-2016 08:00 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.