Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
#ProDukes (Archived)
Bookmark and Share
fishingduke12 Offline
All American

I Root For: JMU
RE: #ProDukes
(08-16-2020 06:40 PM)Polish Hammer Wrote:  That’s too bad, I truly think there’s a place for him in the NFL if somebody properly utilizes him. Riley Stapleton too, surprised he isn’t in a camp; I understand he’s somewhat stuck between a TE and WR, but his size and skill set could be a good base to work with.

I think Riley's arrest and lack of a pro day are keeping him out of camps. Teams arent going to bring in an FCS receiver with what they see as character questions and no measurables
08-17-2020 06:33 AM
Find all posts by this user
84Breeze Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: James Madison
#ProDukes
Looks like Marcus Marshall signed with Tennessee today. Didn’t realize he had been cut by KC. Good luck to him and all of our many Dukes in NFL training camps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
08-19-2020 06:04 PM
JMaddy Offline
All American

(08-17-2020 06:33 AM)fishingduke12 Wrote:  
(08-16-2020 06:40 PM)Polish Hammer Wrote:  That’s too bad, I truly think there’s a place for him in the NFL if somebody properly utilizes him. Riley Stapleton too, surprised he isn’t in a camp; I understand he’s somewhat stuck between a TE and WR, but his size and skill set could be a good base to work with.

I think Riley's arrest and lack of a pro day are keeping him out of camps. Teams arent going to bring in an FCS receiver with what they see as character questions and no measurables

Yeah it's not really that surprising. The Redskins cut Guice because he was arrested for domestic violence. What Riley did was pretty close to that and in some ways could be considered worse (false imprisonment). These guys probably would have a slap on the wrist 10+ years ago and maybe even gotten off even 4-5 years back but not now.
08-19-2020 06:58 PM
Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-19-2020 06:58 PM)JMaddy Wrote:  
(08-17-2020 06:33 AM)fishingduke12 Wrote:  

Yeah it's not really that surprising. The Redskins cut Guice because he was arrested for domestic violence. What Riley did was pretty close to that and in some ways could be considered worse (false imprisonment). These guys probably would have a slap on the wrist 10+ years ago and maybe even gotten off even 4-5 years back but not now.

To add to it, 2 females are now claiming Guice raped them when they were students at LSU. Innocent until proven guilty and all that I get it, but he's unfortunately proving why 31 other teams apparently chose to pass on him in the draft and the Skins took a chance with what's now a wasted 2nd round pick. Kinda sums up the Skins ineptitude since the Cooke Family lost the organization.
08-19-2020 07:41 PM
JMUNation Offline
All American

Maybe I don’t know the full story with Riley. What I read was one incident three years ago and nothing since then. The article mentioned him detaining a former girlfriend in a bathroom at a party but nothing about physically harming her. Detaining could have been nothing more than standing in front of the door so she could not open it. While that is being a jerk, it is far less than what Guice has been accused of doing.

Guice has had multiple domestic violence claims by his girlfriend over several years and now further accusations of violent crimes from his time at LSU.

Why would you state Riley’s offense could be considered worse than Guice? If he had committed an act of violence, he would have gotten jail time. He was given community service. He since has had no further incidents. I feel your comment is unfair. The guy made a big mistake while intoxicated but did not physically harm anyone. While his behavior that day is unacceptable, there is nothing on record before or after that one incident which occurred in 2017.

We all make mistakes. Some larger than others. This one mistake should not keep Riley from receiving consideration. What if the NFL decided not to consider Dylan? They are brothers you know. Guilt by association wouldn’t be fair either.

I don’t feel Riley’s conviction is keeping him out of the NFL unless there is more to his background than what we know. Do you know something more?
08-21-2020 10:20 AM
HyperDuke Offline
Hall of Famer

Can we PLEASE not excuse criminal behavior on here? Reflects poorly on all of us.
08-21-2020 10:53 AM
LovethoseDukes Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU of course!
Kamiah Smalls has resigned with the Indiana Fever!! Finally a reason to watch the WNBA again! I am so excited for her and I am sure she is thrilled.
08-21-2020 01:30 PM
ParentofJMUMRDs Offline
Heisman

Great news!! Congrats Kimiah!!

Brian
08-21-2020 02:46 PM
Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

That’s awesome. I’d love to see Kamiah win some kind of championship. It is the only blemish on her JMU career unfortunately. Go KS!!!
08-21-2020 08:01 PM
JMUNation Offline
All American

(08-21-2020 10:53 AM)HyperDuke Wrote:  Can we PLEASE not excuse criminal behavior on here? Reflects poorly on all of us.

What? My comments do not excuse his behavior one bit. Geez Hyper. You really insinuate some very inaccurate things at times and it is offensive. It scares me to know you are a teacher when you are so quick to judge comments especially when that judgement is so extreme at times.

If you Google false imprisonment, it is a misdemeanor non-violent act under the law. Guice’s alledged crimes are violent acts under the law. It is an unfair and inaccurate statement to say Riley’s misdemeanor is a worse crime than Guice’s alledged crimes.

In addition, Riley’s case has been settled in court and he has served his punishment. Under the eyes of the law, he is considered to have paid his debt to society. He should be allowed to move forward with his life and the pursuit of employment without prejudice. Everyone has these same rights under the law not just athletes.
08-21-2020 11:03 PM
HyperDuke Offline
Hall of Famer

I have no thoughts on Guice. I just don’t like when we minimize our players’ criminal issues. Thanks for trashing my professionalism for expressing my opinion. That seems like a totally valid critique from someone who’s never observed me in the classroom. Classy!

I never said anything about Riley shouldn’t be able to move forward with his life. Justifying his previous criminal behavior as “not that bad” is what I took issue with. It scares me that you’re a father & raised a son with that line of thinking. SEE HOW OFF-BASE THAT IS?

The NFL isn’t fair when it comes to issues like this. Heck, Kaepernick didn’t commit any crimes & was clearly a top-30 QB option, but owners don’t want to hire him. The same concept COULD be at play here. Living with the consequences of your actions is a basic concept.
(This post was last modified: 08-22-2020 09:00 AM by HyperDuke.)
08-22-2020 08:46 AM
JMUNation Offline
All American

(08-22-2020 08:46 AM)HyperDuke Wrote:  I have no thoughts on Guice. I just don’t like when we minimize our players’ criminal issues. Thanks for trashing my professionalism for expressing my opinion. That seems like a totally valid critique from someone who’s never observed me in the classroom. Classy!

I never said anything about Riley shouldn’t be able to move forward with his life. Justifying his previous criminal behavior as “not that bad” is what I took issue with. It scares me that you’re a father & raised a son with that line of thinking. SEE HOW OFF-BASE THAT IS?

The NFL isn’t fair when it comes to issues like this. Heck, Kaepernick didn’t commit any crimes & was clearly a top-30 QB option, but owners don’t want to hire him. The same concept COULD be at play here. Living with the consequences of your actions is a basic concept.

“Not that bad”. Where did I say this? This is what you do. You attach some off the wall meaning based on some far fetched interpretation that makes no sense to anyone reading this thread.

Trashing your professionalism? Again, where did I do that? I haven’t been to your classroom but I read your posts. You are prosecutor, judge and jury. Are you even 30 years old? Are you a father yet? Man, you think you know it all brother. You have lived half the life I have Hyper yet you seem to think you know so much more than I do. Let me share something with you, you don’t. 30 years from now you will be my age and you can pull up this post and say, dang, he was right.

My comments don’t minimize Riley’s criminal issues. I stated exactly what they were. A misdemeanor non-violent crime under current statute. Dispute that. You can’t because it is fact. The post by JMad said Riley’s act was worse than Guice’s alleged crimes. In your opinion, are they? They aren’t which was the point of my original post before you went off on another one of your odd rants based on another off base interpretation.
08-22-2020 11:41 PM
bjk3047 Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU DUKES.
Qualifications for being allowed to have an opinion:

1) Survive through a minimum of 30 years of bad takes.
2) Unsuccessful at rhythm method.
08-23-2020 12:00 AM
HyperDuke Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-22-2020 11:41 PM)JMUNation Wrote:  
(08-22-2020 08:46 AM)HyperDuke Wrote:  I have no thoughts on Guice. I just don’t like when we minimize our players’ criminal issues. Thanks for trashing my professionalism for expressing my opinion. That seems like a totally valid critique from someone who’s never observed me in the classroom. Classy!

“Not that bad”. Where did I say this? This is what you do. You attach some off the wall meaning based on some far fetched interpretation that makes no sense to anyone reading this thread.

Trashing your professionalism? Again, where did I do that? I haven’t been to your classroom but I read your posts. You are prosecutor, judge and jury. Are you even 30 years old? Are you a father yet? Man, you think you know it all brother. You have lived half the life I have Hyper yet you seem to think you know so much more than I do. Let me share something with you, you don’t. 30 years from now you will be my age and you can pull up this post and say, dang, he was right.

My comments don’t minimize Riley’s criminal issues. I stated exactly what they were. A misdemeanor non-violent crime under current statute. Dispute that. You can’t because it is fact. The post by JMad said Riley’s act was worse than Guice’s alleged crimes. In your opinion, are they? They aren’t which was the point of my original post before you went off on another one of your odd rants based on another off base interpretation.

Ok
08-23-2020 12:55 AM
JMUNation Offline
All American

(08-21-2020 08:01 PM)Wear Purple Wrote:  That’s awesome. I’d love to see Kamiah win some kind of championship. It is the only blemish on her JMU career unfortunately. Go KS!!!

Is she receiving any playing time with The Fever? Please post if you see The Fever scheduled to play on ESPN. It would be cool to see her in action.
08-23-2020 10:07 AM
AssyrianDuke Offline
All American

I Root For: James Madison
(08-23-2020 10:07 AM)JMUNation Wrote:  
(08-21-2020 08:01 PM)Wear Purple Wrote:  That’s awesome. I’d love to see Kamiah win some kind of championship. It is the only blemish on her JMU career unfortunately. Go KS!!!

Is she receiving any playing time with The Fever? Please post if you see The Fever scheduled to play on ESPN. It would be cool to see her in action.

Set the reminder on your calendars!

Tuesday, August 25 vs Seattle Storm at 10 PM EST on ESPN2
Thursday, August 27 vs Chicago Sky at 7 PM EST on ESPN2
Saturday, August 29 vs Dallas Wings at 12 NOON EST on CBSSN
Tuesday, September 8 vs Las Vegas Aces at 10 PM EST on ESPN2
Thursday, September 10 vs New York Liberty at 7 PM EST on CBSSN

There are four other games that do not have TV listed but I'm sure there might be a streaming option online somewhere if dig deep enough.
08-23-2020 12:33 PM
JMUNation Offline
All American

Thanks!
08-23-2020 01:02 PM
ParentofJMUMRDs Offline
Heisman

I wonder if she might have to go through a quarentine period since I would assume she was not in the WNBA bubble before signing. Not sure what the parameters are for that though.

Hopefully she will get some playing time and we will be able to see her!!

Brian
08-23-2020 02:12 PM
NJDuke97 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jmu
I think people are reading too much into the Riley Stapleton off field issues- I believe he has a shot in the NFL. I think it’s more about some inconsistency and despite good size he’s a tweeter in terms of not being fast enough to be a wr or big enough to be an NFL tight end. I think if he wasn’t he would already be in camp his past transgression notwithstanding. Was Daniel Brown drafted? No he was a project- it took teams seeing the potential for him to morph into a TE over a period of time as part of the a practice squad. I think Riley would have received that opportunity in a normal off season.
08-23-2020 07:24 PM
Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

This article from the Washington Football Team's Saturday practice advises Moreland is lining up as the starting nickelback...

https://www.washingtonfootball.com/news/...s-to-shine

The defense frequently lined up in its nickel formation during team drills. Groups like the secondary are starting to create more consistency, while others (the defensive line and linebackers) are still rotating players. The coaching staff seems to like the secondary combination of Kendall Fuller, Troy Apke, Landon Collins and Ronald Darby with Jimmy Moreland as the starting nickelback.

"The people's corner" is back, as Moreland was active as the starting nickel corner. Players weren't allowed to purposefully take each other to the ground, but he put himself in situations where he would have made tackles for a loss. He also intercepted a pass from Haskins in the final session of 11-on-11 drills.
(This post was last modified: 08-23-2020 07:40 PM by Wear Purple.)
08-23-2020 07:38 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.