Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thursday Night Football
Bookmark and Share
Bobcat87 Offline
San Marvelous Cat

I Root For: TXST, A&M, UNT
Thursday Night Football
Got a pretty good game going on in Kentucky . . . . Just under 2 minutes to play in the second qrt. WKU 24. La Tech 17

Toppers threatening to score again . . . . FG good, Toppers by 10 at the half.
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2015 08:54 PM by Bobcat87.)
09-10-2015 08:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JoeJag Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
RE: Thursday Night Football
Thursday night football games sure aren't good for attendance. Good luck to the Toppers, but hope it isn't a runaway.
09-10-2015 08:41 PM
eaglewraith Online
Heisman

I Root For: GA Southern
(09-10-2015 08:41 PM)JoeJag Wrote:  Thursday night football games sure aren't good for attendance. Good luck to the Toppers, but hope it isn't a runaway.

I was at a Saturday game last year at WKU, in a game they needed to win to be bowl eligible, and it wasn't good for attendance either.
09-11-2015 06:25 AM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

I Root For: Cajuns
(09-11-2015 06:25 AM)eaglewraith Wrote:  
(09-10-2015 08:41 PM)JoeJag Wrote:  Thursday night football games sure aren't good for attendance. Good luck to the Toppers, but hope it isn't a runaway.

I was at a Saturday game last year at WKU, in a game they needed to win to be bowl eligible, and it wasn't good for attendance either.

For a successful football program as they've been the last few years, it's puzzling why they have so much trouble getting butts in the seats. Didn't see the attendance figures from last night though a few crowd shots looked pretty darned good for a Thursday night game.
09-11-2015 10:26 AM
Advertisement

JoeJag Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
The crowd shots on the home side didn't look too bad, but when the cameras scanned the opposing side briefly, the cupboards looked pretty bare. Of course being a South Alabama fan, I have but little room to talk.
09-11-2015 10:31 AM
TheRevSWT Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Bobcats!

What's going to make it worse is the NFL now making sure to have a game every Thursday (I think this is like year 3 of them doing that).

Man, remember when the NCAA, UIL, & the NFL worked together to make sure games weren't overlapping?
09-11-2015 10:31 AM
Beltfan Offline
2nd String

I Root For: best of SBC
Regardless of the attendance, the game turned out to be one worth watching.
09-11-2015 10:39 AM
Advertisement

BurlingtonApp Offline
1st String

I Root For: App State
Did anyone see that leg of the WKU player? Hard to watch.
09-11-2015 10:41 AM
eaglewraith Online
Heisman

(09-11-2015 10:31 AM)JoeJag Wrote:  The crowd shots on the home side didn't look too bad, but when the cameras scanned the opposing side briefly, the cupboards looked pretty bare. Of course being a South Alabama fan, I have but little room to talk.

The home side is much smaller than the other side. I think it was recently redone/reconfigured and looked pretty nice, but it's a dramatic difference in number of seats. Students and a lot of WKU tickets are on the visitor side of the stadium.
09-11-2015 11:30 AM
Shof Offline
Special Teams

(09-11-2015 10:41 AM)BurlingtonApp Wrote:  Did anyone see that leg of the WKU player? Hard to watch.

Watched it live. Couldn't bring myself to watch the replays!
09-11-2015 12:01 PM
Advertisement

WKUApollo Offline

I Root For: WKU Hilltoppers
Attendance was 17,500. Actually not bad for a Thursday game on the first night of NFL action. No excuses. I'd love to have had 23,000 but it is what it is.

On Saturday's to begin the season, we'll typically hit 20k or more but by the time cold weather sets in, it'll shrink to 15-17k....worse if it's raining or sleeting.

I noticed that the stadium filled in relatively nicely about halfway through the first quarter. Lots of late arrivals...which is typical for a Thursday game for out of towners.
09-11-2015 01:45 PM
bullitt_60 Offline
All American

I Root For: Ga Southern
(09-11-2015 01:45 PM)WKUApollo Wrote:  Attendance was 17,500. Actually not bad for a Thursday game on the first night of NFL action. No excuses. I'd love to have had 23,000 but it is what it is.

On Saturday's to begin the season, we'll typically hit 20k or more but by the time cold weather sets in, it'll shrink to 15-17k....worse if it's raining or sleeting.

I noticed that the stadium filled in relatively nicely about halfway through the first quarter. Lots of late arrivals...which is typical for a Thursday game for out of towners.

I was a little worried for y'all at kick off, but the stadium filled in nicely in the 1st quarter. Looked good, from what I could tell. I listened to your radio broadcast as the TV commentators were awful and I really enjoyed it! Holy moly!
09-11-2015 01:55 PM
wkuhilltopperfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
(09-11-2015 01:55 PM)bullitt_60 Wrote:  
(09-11-2015 01:45 PM)WKUApollo Wrote:  Attendance was 17,500. Actually not bad for a Thursday game on the first night of NFL action. No excuses. I'd love to have had 23,000 but it is what it is.

I was a little worried for y'all at kick off, but the stadium filled in nicely in the 1st quarter. Looked good, from what I could tell. I listened to your radio broadcast as the TV commentators were awful and I really enjoyed it! Holy moly!

Glad you caught the game... Randy Lee ( voice of the Hilltoppers) is a really good guy and I've always liked his quirky little comments. He don't sound like every every other announcer out there and has his own personal touch
09-11-2015 02:42 PM
Advertisement

eaglewraith Online
Heisman

They were in their home studio calling the game.

It felt so disconnected. Fox coverage is infected with NFLAIDS anyway.
09-11-2015 08:29 PM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

(09-11-2015 02:42 PM)wkuhilltopperfan Wrote:  

Glad you caught the game... Randy Lee ( voice of the Hilltoppers) is a really good guy and I've always liked his quirky little comments. He don't sound like every every other announcer out there and has his own personal touch

I listened to your radio crew as well and enjoyed their commentary. They do good work and are easy on the ear.

One of the best in the Belt is Georgia State's radio crew. Too bad the team isn't half as good as those guys in the booth.
09-11-2015 09:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.