Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Chet Giermak
Bookmark and Share
Tribester Offline
Banned

I Root For: W&M
Question Chet Giermak
Apparently has passed away at the age of 87.
Glad he was able to see Marcus finally break his record while he was still alive to see it. Let's win one for Chet tomorrow in Tulsa. Go Tribe and God Bless.
03-16-2015 04:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

nogretheogre Offline
Lord of Bots & Tots

I Root For: William & Mary
RE: Chet Giermak
Sad day for Tribe history, but agree it is nice that he saw the record and the Tribe Marching.

Time for a little Angels In The Outfield action? https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=...av2yX3pLWQ
03-16-2015 04:58 PM
Tribal Offline

Re: RE: Chet Giermak
(03-16-2015 04:35 PM)Tribester Wrote:  Glad he was able to see Marcus finally break his record while he was still alive to see it.

Really? Wouldn't you rather pass away knowing your record still stood?
03-16-2015 09:36 PM
WMInTheBurg Offline
All American

No, he got a chance to come back to the College and be a part of the season. From the articles written, it sounded like he was happy for Marcus and happy that it stood for as long as it did.
03-16-2015 09:39 PM
Advertisement

Tribeheart Offline
Heisman

"As Thornton closed in on the school record, reporters sought out the humbly competitive gentleman who holds it and asked his thoughts and recollections.
"I didn't even think about it until recently," Giermak said. "I did an interview and it was a little hard for me to talk about, because we didn't think about records. What we were doing was winning ballgames.""
http://www.dailypress.com/sports/william...story.html

God bless for sure....A little added inspiration....Let's Go Tribe!
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2015 11:50 PM by Tribeheart.)
03-16-2015 11:49 PM
Big Tribe Offline
2nd String

Successful not only in basketball but had a great family and tremendous business success.

Giermak loved William & Mary. All four of his children graduated The College and one granddaughter currently attends (Class of '15). He gave W&M Athletics a fully endowed basketball scholarship and, in his passing, asked all donations honoring him go to the Tribe Club.
03-17-2015 06:15 AM
62Indian Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: W&M
(03-16-2015 09:36 PM)Tribal Wrote:  
(03-16-2015 04:35 PM)Tribester Wrote:  Glad he was able to see Marcus finally break his record while he was still alive to see it.

Really? Wouldn't you rather pass away knowing your record still stood?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
According to published interviews, Chet was rooting for Marcus to break his record - glad he live long enough to see it.
03-17-2015 09:33 AM
Tribe Fan Offline
Special Teams

On The Tribe radio pregame Jay and Charlie honored Mr. Germany with a moment of silence along with how proud he was a fine person and player broke his record.
Very nice sentiments
03-17-2015 07:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.