Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Future of FBS - Interview with Mike Silve
Bookmark and Share
GSU Eagles Offline
Heisman

I Root For: GeorgiaSouthern
RE: Future of FBS - Interview with Mike Silve
Ncaa should say if players want to be paid then they should challenge the nfl rule that you have to wait 3 years to become a professional. That way the ncaa could say if you want to play collegiate sports, the deal is you get a scholarship and expenses paid for. If you think you are worth more then go professional. Football is not like basketball as there are very few that are physically ready to play pro ball. So if they declared for the draft, very few would be selected. Because of that, almost all would just go the college route like today and the game would not be impacted as much.
(This post was last modified: 04-19-2014 08:50 PM by GSU Eagles.)
04-19-2014 08:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JCGSU Offline
HAIL SOUTHERN

I Root For: GS EAGLES
(04-19-2014 09:59 AM)ark30inf Wrote:  If they aren't happy with the NCAA then I have no problem with a divorce.

What I do have a problem with us wanting a divorce....but still wanting to sleep with us every once in a while....and wanting to have a veto over what we do on Saturday night.

We are too good for you in football. But we need you for basketball, baseball, soccer, track and field, etc.

If it is going to be a divorce then it should be a divorce.

AMEN.

If they want to leave then leave but get you hand out of the NCAA tournament and baseball too for that matter. The G5's really do have leverage when it comes to basketball and baseball and can push back some if it gets to crazy. Also if they leave or start making their own rules the pay outs for games need to be three or four times what they are today for the G5's and or not play them at all. Lets see how the bottom half of the P5's like being below .500 every single year and seeing attendance, donations, local sponsorship plummet.
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2014 03:29 PM by JCGSU.)
04-21-2014 03:25 PM
Crump1 Offline
All American

I Root For: stAte
(04-21-2014 03:25 PM)JCGSU Wrote:  
(04-19-2014 09:59 AM)ark30inf Wrote:  If they aren't happy with the NCAA then I have no problem with a divorce.

What I do have a problem with us wanting a divorce....but still wanting to sleep with us every once in a while....and wanting to have a veto over what we do on Saturday night.

We are too good for you in football. But we need you for basketball, baseball, soccer, track and field, etc.

If it is going to be a divorce then it should be a divorce.

AMEN.

If they want to leave then leave but get you hand out of the NCAA tournament and baseball too for that matter. The G5's really do have leverage when it comes to basketball and baseball and can push back some if it gets to crazy. Also if they leave or start making their own rules the pay outs for games need to be three or four times what they are today for the G5's and or not play them at all. Lets see how the bottom half of the P5's like being below .500 every single year and seeing attendance, donations, local sponsorship plummet.
You summed up pretty well why there will not be a split. There are other reasons as well but it just isn't in anyone's interest to split.

There will be some concessions to make the NCAA appear to support student ahletes more in the era of obscene coaching contracts and it will stop. This is the art of negotiation. Everyone starts off talking about drastic changes at either end of the spectrum and we end up with something less drastic in the middle.
04-21-2014 03:32 PM
GoApps70 Offline

I Root For: Appalachian St.
Would like to think the NCAA would not allow teams to play the P-5 if they leave.
Will not happen, but would ensure the P-5 would not leave, or that things would
change drastically. 1/2 of your teams cannot have losing seasons each year in
the P-5 without it tearing it apart fast.
04-21-2014 03:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.