Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite
Bookmark and Share
knucklehead Offline
1st String

I Root For: Liberty
RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite
(04-10-2014 08:18 AM)GoApps70 Wrote:  
(04-10-2014 08:12 AM)bridgeforthduke Wrote:  People shouldn't take some JMU fans saying they don't want in the Sun Belt as an indictment on the entire fan base. When there were MAC rumors a few months ago the same thing happened as JMU posters came out of the woodwork to complain about the MAC. I'm sure the same thing would happen with CUSA as well. There just isn't a clear attractive choice that excites the whole JMU fanbase. The fact is though that most over on the JMU boards would be happy with a Sun Belt invite.

Probably true of most schools concerning many potential moves.

Not all though
04-10-2014 08:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
statefanatic Offline
Howl at the Moon

I Root For: stAte
Any JMU fan can ask Texas St, APP, or Georgia Southern fans about the excitement of looking at a full FBS schedule as apposed to an FCS schedule. Being FBS lets you schedule games no FCS team can. I love to read the post from App and Georgia Southern fans talking about home and home deals with other FBS teams.

JMU should be happy the Sun Belt is offering them a chance to play at the highest level in college football. JMU can win all the FCS titles they want and less than 30% of college football fans will know who they are. JMU will have more games on national TV in one season in the Belt than 5 years of in the FCS. Heck Georgia Southern has already gotten national TV games at home there first season in the Belt. One of those TV games is against App St who also will be playing there first season of FBS in the Belt.
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2014 08:47 AM by statefanatic.)
04-10-2014 08:46 AM
MRD92 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: JMU
(04-10-2014 08:02 AM)knucklehead Wrote:  As I read through the tweets from Matthew Stoss, I feel like he's just grasping at straws. He's all over the place. He now says he's told there is no invite. Again, I don't think any official invite will be issued until after the May meetings. Everything now is vetting and negotiations. Is SBC interested in JMU? most likely. Is JMU interested in SBC? who knows, but I still lean toward no. I mean, just look at Stoss' tweets. he even goes as far as to say that "none of these options are super attractive".

So again, who knows for real what on earth is happening.

I agree that it is extremely difficult to know exactly what is happening.

It seems to me that Stoss hasn't been much of a source on any of this recently anyway. According to the title of the thread, reports were coming out of Missouri. I don't recall anyone naming an exact source from Missouri.

Personally, I'd like it if JMU accepted an invite (if one comes). I was there when JMU was a I-AA independent. We played Ga. Southern almost every year (I think we played App.St. often as well at that time). Renewing series with Ga. Southern and App. St. would be great!
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2014 10:14 AM by MRD92.)
04-10-2014 08:48 AM
JMU2004 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: DUKES
(04-10-2014 08:46 AM)statefanatic Wrote:  Any JMU fan can ask Texas St, APP, or Georgia Southern fans about the excitement of looking at a full FBS schedule as apposed to an FCS schedule. Being FBS lets you schedule games no FCS team can. I love to read the post from App and Georgia Southern fans talking about home and home deals with other FBS teams.

JMU should be happy the Sun Belt is offering them a chance to play at the highest level in college football. JMU can win all the FCS titles they want and less than 30% of college football fans will know who they are. JMU will have more games on national TV in one season in the Belt than 5 years of in the FCS. Heck Georgia Southern has already gotten national TV games at home there first season in the Belt. One of those TV games is against App St who also will be playing there first season of FBS in the Belt.

Well, regarding TV, we had 3 on national TV last year, and over 5 since 2012.

But, your point stands. FCS is not followed outside of FCS schools.
04-10-2014 08:51 AM
statefanatic Offline
Howl at the Moon

(04-10-2014 08:51 AM)JMU2004 Wrote:  
(04-10-2014 08:46 AM)statefanatic Wrote:  Any JMU fan can ask Texas St, APP, or Georgia Southern fans about the excitement of looking at a full FBS schedule as apposed to an FCS schedule. Being FBS lets you schedule games no FCS team can. I love to read the post from App and Georgia Southern fans talking about home and home deals with other FBS teams.

Were those TV games on ESPN last year? I watch college football all day every Saturday and not once did I see an JMU game. When I say national TV, I means a Thursday night game on ESPN against another FBS team during primetime!
04-10-2014 08:55 AM
warhawk09 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Bob
I'm still very wary of anything to do with Missouri State and the Belt ... could be very wrong, but I'd be surprised.
04-10-2014 08:57 AM
JMU2004 Offline
Heisman

(04-10-2014 08:55 AM)statefanatic Wrote:  

Were those TV games on ESPN last year? I watch college football all day every Saturday and not once did I see an JMU game. When I say national TV, I means a Thursday night game on ESPN against another FBS team during primetime!

National on NBC Sports on Saturdays. Some primetime included, but 2nd rate network.
04-10-2014 08:59 AM
Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers

CAA games are on NBC Sports.
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2014 08:59 AM by Niner National.)
04-10-2014 08:59 AM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
(04-10-2014 08:59 AM)JMU2004 Wrote:  

National on NBC Sports on Saturdays. Some primetime included, but 2nd rate network.

Oh, I always switch off NBCSN after the Premier League game.
04-10-2014 09:03 AM
statefanatic Offline
Howl at the Moon

That's not national. That's regional. I'm talking the only game on that night during primetime hours on ESPN. You'll learn the difference when you actually move to FBS.
04-10-2014 09:04 AM
statefanatic Offline
Howl at the Moon

(04-10-2014 09:03 AM)arkstfan Wrote:  

Oh, I always switch off NBCSN after the Premier League game.

03-lmfao
04-10-2014 09:06 AM
MUsince96 Online
All American

I Root For: Marshall
(04-10-2014 09:04 AM)statefanatic Wrote:  

That's not national. That's regional. I'm talking the only game on that night during primetime hours on ESPN. You'll learn the difference when you actually move to FBS.

NBCSN is most certainly a national sports network.
04-10-2014 09:11 AM
warhawk09 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Bob

The play devil's advocate here, while I agree that ESPNU games are more "national" in prestige, NBC Sports reaches more households 77.7M - 75M.

However, no clue what the ratings comparison is and really don't feel like looking for it.
04-10-2014 09:12 AM
JMUsince89 Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU Dukes
Oh Please let them do the right thing. No more monitoring the situation!!!!!!! I want SBC soooo bad. Lots of old embers to kick around and start the flames again.
04-10-2014 09:15 AM
Eagle22 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: GA Southern
(04-10-2014 08:48 AM)MRD92 Wrote:  
(04-10-2014 08:02 AM)knucklehead Wrote:  As I read through the tweets from Matthew Stoss, I feel like he's just grasping at straws. He's all over the place. He now says he's told there is no invite. Again, I don't think any official invite will be issued until after the May meetings. Everything now is vetting and negotiations. Is SBC interested in JMU? most likely. Is JMU interested in SBC? who knows, but I still lean toward no. I mean, just look at Stoss' tweets. he even goes as far as to say that "none of these options are super attractive".

So again, who knows for real what on earth is happening.

I agree that it is extremely difficult to know exactly what is happening.

It seems to me that Stoss hasn't been much of a source on any of this recently anyway. According to the title of the thread, reports were coming out of Missouri. I don't recall anyone naming an exact source from Missouri.

Personally, I'd like it if JMU accepted an invite (if one comes). I was there when JMU was a I-AA independent. We played Ga. Southern almost every year (I think we played App.St. often as well at that time). Renewing series with Ga. Souther and App. St. would be great!

Yes it would. I was a student when GSC was playing independent football as well. Loved the games vs. JMU and EKU in those days. Quality football.
04-10-2014 09:15 AM
All Dukes_All Day Offline
All American

I Root For: JMU, Pitt

Nope, NBCSN is national. Like a poster said before, it reaches more homes than ESPNU does. I've had three different cable companies in the last three years in two different cities and they've all had NBCSN.

I think you are thinking of Comcast Sports Net which is affiliated with NBC, but has regional channels. I.e. CSN Baltimore, CSN Philly, CSN New England just to name a few.
04-10-2014 09:18 AM
JMU2004 Offline
Heisman

Hey App fans....need to re-spark this pronto. The tailgate before the game was legendary, and the game was amazing.

04-10-2014 09:26 AM
asupatch Offline
2nd String

I Root For: APPY STATE!!
Some App fan please post the playoff fumble soon. Just got sick to my stomach again watching that highlight.
04-10-2014 09:36 AM
JMU2004 Offline
Heisman

(04-10-2014 09:36 AM)asupatch Wrote:  Some App fan please post the playoff fumble soon. Just got sick to my stomach again watching that highlight.

lol...its in the first minute of that video.
04-10-2014 09:40 AM
TheRevSWT Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Bobcats!
While I like the news, I'm not gonna celebrate dodging a bullet until pen is to paper.

This whole thing is so fluid right now, come this time tomorrow it wouldn't surprise me to have Montana & Montana State on the "invited" list.
04-10-2014 09:41 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.