Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Former USF QB Matt Floyd to USA
Bookmark and Share
BullsFanInTX Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: USF
USA fans,

Heard that Matt Floyd will be playing at USA this fall. I believe he graduated and has 2 years of eligibility left and can play immediately. Things didn't work out for him at USF, but hopefully they do at USA and he can make some noise. Although he only played in one game last year for USF, he was elected team captain. He played extensively 2 years ago when BJ Daniels went down with injury.

http://www.usforacle.com/floyd-to-play-f...zGadPldV8E
(This post was last modified: 03-25-2014 11:30 AM by BullsFanInTX.)
03-25-2014 11:28 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SkullyMaroo Offline

I Root For: South Alabama
RE: Former USF QB Matt Floyd to USA
We've known about him for a little while. Brandon Bridge seems to have control of the QB position this upcoming season, but Floyd could contend for the starting QB position next year. It's our hope that he is a better fit in our system and it allows him to reach his potential. If nothing else hopefully he will push all of our QBs to get better.
03-25-2014 11:44 AM
FloridaJag Offline
All American

I Root For: USA, FSU, and UWF
(03-25-2014 11:44 AM)SkullyMaroo Wrote:  We've known about him for a little while. Brandon Bridge seems to have control of the QB position this upcoming season, but Floyd could contend for the starting QB position next year. It's our hope that he is a better fit in our system and it allows him to reach his potential. If nothing else hopefully he will push all of our QBs to get better.

I totally agree. Plus he is only one injury away from being in the game.
03-25-2014 12:12 PM
Advertisement

BullsFanInTX Online
Hall of Famer

Yes, it's always good to build depth. Sometimes a fresh start is just what someone needs. I wish him well and hope he turns out great for you and contends for starting job.
03-25-2014 04:12 PM
nsavandal09 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: I-D-AHO!
Cna he play right away because he graduated and has eligibility left and can play at a school that has a grad school program that his original program didn't have, or is it because USA is in a transitional status?
03-27-2014 04:59 PM
Advertisement

GEAGLESJAG Online
Special Teams

I Root For: USA & USM
USA is not transitional.
03-27-2014 05:56 PM
SkullyMaroo Offline

I Root For: South Alabama
(03-27-2014 04:59 PM)nsavandal09 Wrote:  Cna he play right away because he graduated and has eligibility left and can play at a school that has a grad school program that his original program didn't have, or is it because USA is in a transitional status?

He can play right away because he has graduated and has eligibility left.
03-27-2014 07:02 PM
Advertisement

BullsFanInTX Online
Hall of Famer

He graduated after 3 years and has 2 years of eligibility left. Had a red shirt year.
03-28-2014 12:52 AM
Cnelson203 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall; WVU
I watched him a couple of times here in Tampa. Nothing special when he was here, at all. I"m not saying that he couldn't do well at USA, but he certainly didn't show much when he was at USF.
03-28-2014 05:21 PM
BullsFanInTX Online
Hall of Famer

(03-28-2014 05:21 PM)Cnelson203 Wrote:  I watched him a couple of times here in Tampa. Nothing special when he was here, at all. I"m not saying that he couldn't do well at USA, but he certainly didn't show much when he was at USF.

True, however he never was really given a chance after losing the starting job at USF. Would he have played better, maybe, maybe not, but he never got another chance after being pulled. Change of scenery may do wonders, and I hope it does.
03-28-2014 11:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.