Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

If the SEC did expand again and did so from the Big 12 who should we take and why?
Bookmark and Share
Soobahk40050 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tennessee
RE: If the SEC did expand again and did so from the Big 12 who should we take and why?
(05-04-2022 10:00 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(05-04-2022 09:54 PM)AllTideUp Wrote:  
(05-04-2022 12:17 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(05-04-2022 06:47 AM)AllTideUp Wrote:  
(05-04-2022 02:03 AM)JRsec Wrote:  How about a coup de grace ESPN style? Notre Dame and Kansas to 18. That duo leaves absolutely no way for anyone to catch the total values.

Then with Texas and Oklahoma ESPN will have acquired in the SEC the brands they sought for the ACC in 2011.

Then if ESPN wants us to take it to 24 with the brands they want from the ACC we add Clemson, Duke, Florida State, North Carolina, Virginia and Virginia Tech.

Culturally, Notre Dame fits pretty well in the Big Ten for obvious reasons, but would they hold their nose and go to that league?

Or would they take a similar strategy that led them to the ACC? A more expansive base along the East Coast and reaching deep into the South?

Who would we be willing to take if Notre Dame made a few demands? That's my question.

No one. We have Florida, Georgia, L.S.U., Texas and Texas A&M. All of those are solid recruiting areas and 3 of 4 states have large growing Catholic populations. We aren't taking Navy and ND only needs 1 free game to keep USC. Indiana is contiguous to Kentucky.

FSU would be a possible pairing. Kansas is available and helps balance football density, and Ohio State would be the grand slam.

I wasn't thinking in terms of a school like Navy. More so, the schools on the East Coast that tap populations favorable to Notre Dame's base.

The Midwest and the East Coast are fertile grounds for Notre Dame viewers. If we got the Irish then there's a few heads in the Big Ten that have to turn because they know the jig is up.

ATU, ND want's access to solid recruiting in the states I listed. They own NE viewing so they don't need tagalongs. They want USC. It's not complicated. But yeah, ND & Kansas joining the SEC would be the equivalent of Dandy Don Meredith singing "Turn Out The Lights The Partys Over" to the B1G.

Why not ND and USC to the SEC?
05-09-2022 01:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
RE: If the SEC did expand again and did so from the Big 12 who should we take and why?
(05-09-2022 01:13 PM)Soobahk40050 Wrote:  
(05-04-2022 10:00 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(05-04-2022 09:54 PM)AllTideUp Wrote:  
(05-04-2022 12:17 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(05-04-2022 06:47 AM)AllTideUp Wrote:  Culturally, Notre Dame fits pretty well in the Big Ten for obvious reasons, but would they hold their nose and go to that league?

Or would they take a similar strategy that led them to the ACC? A more expansive base along the East Coast and reaching deep into the South?

Who would we be willing to take if Notre Dame made a few demands? That's my question.

No one. We have Florida, Georgia, L.S.U., Texas and Texas A&M. All of those are solid recruiting areas and 3 of 4 states have large growing Catholic populations. We aren't taking Navy and ND only needs 1 free game to keep USC. Indiana is contiguous to Kentucky.

FSU would be a possible pairing. Kansas is available and helps balance football density, and Ohio State would be the grand slam.

I wasn't thinking in terms of a school like Navy. More so, the schools on the East Coast that tap populations favorable to Notre Dame's base.

The Midwest and the East Coast are fertile grounds for Notre Dame viewers. If we got the Irish then there's a few heads in the Big Ten that have to turn because they know the jig is up.

ATU, ND want's access to solid recruiting in the states I listed. They own NE viewing so they don't need tagalongs. They want USC. It's not complicated. But yeah, ND & Kansas joining the SEC would be the equivalent of Dandy Don Meredith singing "Turn Out The Lights The Partys Over" to the B1G.

Why not ND and USC to the SEC?

They could eventually, but I think this unfolds predictably in 1 of 2 paths. The B1G adds the PAC 12 AAU's and one other (ASU, Kansas, or ND) and the SEC moves to 24 out of the ACC. Or, the Big Ten divides over mission and the best way forward and Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Iowa, and possibly Nebraska and Wisconsin or Michigan State along with only the high value PAC 12 schools (think Washington, USC, Oregon, UCLA, & Stanford) join with the SEC coalition to form 1 large league.

We could reach #1 and then #2 should the lesser B10 and PAC schools try to transition, or simply jump to #2 if they split first.
05-09-2022 01:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.