CSNbbs
Serious question - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Eastern Michigan (/forum-478.html)
+----- Thread: Serious question (/thread-981234.html)

Pages: 1 2

Serious question - KPJ - 11-15-2023 08:54 PM

What will it take for threads to stay on topic and not devolve to personal back and forth battles?

RE: Serious question - EagleSam - 11-15-2023 09:08 PM

My bad. I’ll refrain from responding to you-know-who anymore.

RE: Serious question - Jerry Weaver - 11-15-2023 09:13 PM

(11-15-2023 09:08 PM)EagleSam Wrote:  My bad. I’ll refrain from responding to you-know-who anymore.

I honestly thought that when I proposed a financial wager and he abjectly welched, it would tone him down. My bad.

RE: Serious question - holybovine - 11-15-2023 11:26 PM

I’ll be better too.

RE: Serious question - emu79 - 11-16-2023 06:42 AM

It's great to see the replies from folks who labeled me a racist publicly on this forum without any evidence or another poster who takes cheap shots about every time I post and has ticked off more than one poster on this forum with his personal attacks.

That being said I appreciate your efforts and support them.

RE: Serious question - Bob Wickersham - 11-16-2023 07:13 AM

(11-15-2023 09:08 PM)EagleSam Wrote:  My bad. I’ll refrain from responding to you-know-who anymore.
Oooh more middle school banter. Mr picked last in dodgeball. 03-lmfao

RE: Serious question - Bob Wickersham - 11-16-2023 07:22 AM

Let's all try to do better. Ramy has it right. This should be a fun place to share opinions and have a little fun. Why are so many people so sensitive here? I hate the term "snowflake" but I can almost see why that term gets used sometimes. You cannot take any difference of opinion so personal. We got this!

RE: Serious question - steve4840 - 11-16-2023 08:02 AM

(11-16-2023 07:22 AM)Bob Wickersham Wrote:  Let's all try to do better. Ramy has it right. This should be a fun place to share opinions and have a little fun. Why are so many people so sensitive here? I hate the term "snowflake" but I can almost see why that term gets used sometimes. You cannot take any difference of opinion so personal. We got this!

Agree with this thread. 1 way we can change the narrative is to every once in a while start a response by applauding who you are replying to if you agree with it.

We have more in common with each other than we think

RE: Serious question - Luckeyone - 11-16-2023 11:57 AM

Screw you guys!! I’m the only one right all of the time and even Ramy agrees with that statement!! I’m kidding!!

All joking aside, there shouldn’t be personal attacks and this forum used as a hobby not as a bible.

RE: Serious question - Luckeyone - 11-16-2023 12:01 PM

Here’s a serious question, how in the heck did EMU get ravaged by WMU and the Broncos get thumped by NIU when we should have beaten the huskies????

Crazy

RE: Serious question - RamyEMU - 11-16-2023 02:05 PM

(11-16-2023 11:57 AM)Luckeyone Wrote:  Screw you guys!! I’m the only one right all of the time and even Ramy agrees with that statement!! I’m kidding!!

All joking aside, there shouldn’t be personal attacks and this forum used as a hobby not as a bible.

I 100% agree. Luckeyone is ALWAYS right about EVERYTHING!

RE: Serious question - KPJ - 11-16-2023 03:58 PM

(11-16-2023 02:05 PM)RamyEMU Wrote:  
(11-16-2023 11:57 AM)Luckeyone Wrote:  Screw you guys!! I’m the only one right all of the time and even Ramy agrees with that statement!! I’m kidding!!

I mean......
No one sits closer to the basketball action than Luckeyone, so....
He probably picks up some great details.

RE: Serious question - Luckeyone - 11-16-2023 04:01 PM

LOL Ramy 04-bow

RE: Serious question - Luckeyone - 11-16-2023 04:20 PM

(11-16-2023 03:58 PM)KPJ Wrote:  

I mean......

KPJ - LOL. It really is awesome sitting close to D1 action. I will miss the courtside seating and the encouragement I shouted out to the team. During warmups it was unbelievable to watch Raven Lee start at half court, throw the ball up in the air and run toward the basket and have it bounce in front of the free throw line and then he would jump in the air catch the ball off the bounce, put it between his legs, and then dunk it!!! I mean the guy only stands 6’ 2” or 3”. I mean that is freakish athleticism!!!

Or to watch Farrakhan take an alley OOP thrown behind him reach back and dunk it!!

Or to tell Emoni let’s go!!

RE: Serious question - KPJ - 11-16-2023 06:20 PM

(11-16-2023 04:20 PM)Luckeyone Wrote:  

I mean......

KPJ - LOL. It really is awesome sitting close to D1 action. I will miss the courtside seating and the encouragement I shouted out to the team. During warmups it was unbelievable to watch Raven Lee start at half court, throw the ball up in the air and run toward the basket and have it bounce in front of the free throw line and then he would jump in the air catch the ball off the bounce, put it between his legs, and then dunk it!!! I mean the guy only stands 6’ 2” or 3”. I mean that is freakish athleticism!!!

Or to watch Farrakhan take an alley OOP thrown behind him reach back and dunk it!!

Did you not renew your seats or did they remove the seats?

RE: Serious question - Luckeyone - 11-16-2023 07:20 PM

(11-16-2023 06:20 PM)KPJ Wrote:  

I mean......

After the results from last season, I decided to not renew the courtside seats which are available.

RE: Serious question - KPJ - 11-16-2023 07:42 PM

(11-16-2023 07:20 PM)Luckeyone Wrote:  
(11-16-2023 02:05 PM)RamyEMU Wrote:  I 100% agree. Luckeyone is ALWAYS right about EVERYTHING!

I mean......

After the results from last season, I decided to not renew the courtside seats which are available.

Got it!

RE: Serious question - Jerry Weaver - 11-18-2023 07:06 PM

(11-16-2023 07:20 PM)Luckeyone Wrote:  
(11-16-2023 02:05 PM)RamyEMU Wrote:  I 100% agree. Luckeyone is ALWAYS right about EVERYTHING!

I mean......

That is indeed weird! I could swear that I spotted you today courtside in the seats that Pops Bates used to inhabit.

RE: Serious question - Luckeyone - 11-19-2023 08:46 PM

Hi Jerry,

Yes me and a couple friends purchased court side seats on game day in honor of seeing Ben Braun up close :-)

I do not have season tickets but I just might purchase a few games if we improve during the course of the season.

RE: Serious question - Jerry Weaver - 11-20-2023 07:43 PM

(11-19-2023 08:46 PM)Luckeyone Wrote:  Hi Jerry,

Yes me and a couple friends purchased court side seats on game day in honor of seeing Ben Braun up close :-)

I do not have season tickets but I just might purchase a few games if we improve during the course of the season.

I resisted as well, but these guys hustle and work. The coaches coach! We are not that talented, the only guy who might start on Murphy's 2017-18 team is Acuff, but I enjoy watching them.