CSNbbs
2023 Volleyball - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Eastern Michigan (/forum-478.html)
+----- Thread: 2023 Volleyball (/thread-964106.html)

2023 Volleyball - truEMU07 - 01-26-2023 12:13 PM

Well, I can honestly say as one of the few on this board that pays close attention to our volleyball team that the timing of this move is odd to me. It doesn't seem like she's getting canned, but the move comes after they've continued a downward spiral both overall and in the MAC.

Dorton OUT as head coach

Maybe she's going on to an assistant at a P5 and getting more money? Truly not sure.

I'll always appreciate Coach Dorton for her part in the MAC Championship back in 2018. I had hoped things would go better for her as our head coach. But I wish her the best of luck with whatever is next.

RE: 2023 Volleyball - emu79 - 01-26-2023 12:23 PM

(01-26-2023 12:13 PM)truEMU07 Wrote:  Well, I can honestly say as one of the few on this board that pays close attention to our volleyball team that the timing of this move is odd to me. It doesn't seem like she's getting canned, but the move comes after they've continued a downward spiral both overall and in the MAC.

Dorton OUT as head coach

Maybe she's going on to an assistant at a P5 and getting more money? Truly not sure.

I'll always appreciate Coach Dorton for her part in the MAC Championship back in 2018. I had hoped things would go better for her as our head coach. But I wish her the best of luck with whatever is next.

I know Carl follows volleyball. I just remember when Heather let the long time volleyball coach coach "retire". We have a lot of good quality people as coaches at EMU but ultimately it does come down to wins and losses. I wish her the best and wonder if any names will surface for the job soon.

RE: 2023 Volleyball - emussuperfan - 01-26-2023 04:41 PM

Sad to hear but not surprised. I stopped by the other day to talk to the staff. I didn't ask any questions just stopped by to talk. They looked down now I know why. Wishing her and the staff all the best. It was tough the last few years I think she gave it her all.

RE: 2023 Volleyball - EAGLE KING - 01-27-2023 09:32 AM

When at the hoops game at LCA, some of the volleyball team was sitting next to me. Many talked about how they disliked the coach.