CSNbbs
Candle to Cincinnati - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Toledo (/forum-479.html)
+----- Thread: Candle to Cincinnati (/thread-960333.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Candle to Cincinnati - UofToledoFans - 11-27-2022 03:44 PM

Its possible? Fickel to Wisconsin.

RE: Candle to Cincinnati - bcunn3128 - 11-27-2022 03:56 PM

Doubt as a head coach—Cincy is a top-25 type program and Candle would be out of his comfort zone. Maybe as an offensive coordinator, depending on who lands there as the HC and any connection with Candle.

RE: Candle to Cincinnati - MidnightBlueGold - 11-27-2022 03:58 PM

RE: Candle to Cincinnati - rocket 51 - 11-27-2022 03:59 PM

Be VERY surprised if JC lands a HC job anywhere north of the MAC given the finish this year. Might be good for us but won't hold my breath on it.

RE: Candle to Cincinnati - eastisbest - 11-27-2022 04:18 PM

(11-27-2022 03:58 PM)MidnightBlueGold Wrote:  

Except a very credible Minter (Dad coached Cinci), someone throwing **** against a wall because of Ohio connections. Hartline would be another. Coombes is popular in Cinci and they have a couple other young possibles already on staff. Wonder who gets to go to Whisky.

RE: Candle to Cincinnati - Rocket_Fanatic - 11-27-2022 07:24 PM

Candle is not going to be a HC anywhere else! 03-lmfao03-lmfao No AD could sell that hire to the fan base

RE: Candle to Cincinnati - Boca Rocket - 11-27-2022 07:58 PM

(11-27-2022 07:24 PM)Rocket_Fanatic Wrote:  Candle is not going to be a HC anywhere else! 03-lmfao03-lmfao No AD could sell that hire to the fan base

FAU needs a new HC. Pay probably in the $700,000-$800,000
range before incentives.

Candle to Cincinnati - indianasniff - 11-27-2022 08:20 PM

Here is the Candle text from the Athletic article

Toledo head coach Jason Candle is an Ohio native who has spent his entire career at Mount Union or Toledo. He’s 52-32 in seven years without a losing season at Toledo, and he’ll coach for his second MAC title next week against Ohio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Candle to Cincinnati - Springboromark - 11-27-2022 10:07 PM

Candle at 9-3 would have been an attractive candidate for someone as a head coach, I think the ship has sail already for Candle.

RE: Candle to Cincinnati - BearcatMan - 11-28-2022 09:05 AM

PLEASE GOD NO!!!!!

RE: Candle to Cincinnati - Babes boy - 11-28-2022 10:33 AM

(11-28-2022 09:05 AM)BearcatMan Wrote:  PLEASE GOD NO!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! We could only hope.

RE: Candle to Cincinnati - PaulJ - 11-28-2022 10:50 AM

(11-28-2022 09:05 AM)BearcatMan Wrote:  PLEASE GOD NO!!!!!

03-weeping

RE: Candle to Cincinnati - eastisbest - 11-28-2022 10:49 PM

Kehres will get more traction on this job than Candle.

RE: Candle to Cincinnati - indianasniff - 11-29-2022 09:21 AM

Alot of people are saying no to cincinnati so far from what I have read.

RE: Candle to Cincinnati - IamN2daRockets! - 11-29-2022 10:21 AM

(11-29-2022 09:21 AM)indianasniff Wrote:  Alot of people are saying no to cincinnati so far from what I have read.

It will be difficult for Cinci to win consistently in the Big 12. Cinci is an unproven entity at this level. Maybe they explode but more likely the program flattens like WVU.

I do admire their consistent success over the last 15 years. Major KUDOS to them.

Hugh Freeze would've done the trick but he's off the table.

Go Rockets!

RE: Candle to Cincinnati - utxctrack - 11-29-2022 10:27 AM

When I was in college UC didn’t even have football or it was crappy. I think they were in the Metro Atlantic or some other defunct conference. Their rise over the last 30 years is incredible and it’s a shame that we never did that at Toledo.

RE: Candle to Cincinnati - IamN2daRockets! - 11-29-2022 11:22 AM

(11-29-2022 10:27 AM)utxctrack Wrote:  When I was in college UC didn’t even have football or it was crappy. I think they were in the Metro Atlantic or some other defunct conference. Their rise over the last 30 years is incredible and it’s a shame that we never did that at Toledo.

So True UTXC

Like a lot of other things there is little community vision in the aggregate or $ support for UT.

Hell..... this is the city that basically declined to have the Danny Thomas (own son) Shriners hospital.

We shall overcome

Go Rockets!

RE: Candle to Cincinnati - DetroitRocket - 11-29-2022 12:12 PM

(11-29-2022 11:22 AM)IamN2daRockets! Wrote:  
(11-29-2022 10:27 AM)utxctrack Wrote:  When I was in college UC didn’t even have football or it was crappy. I think they were in the Metro Atlantic or some other defunct conference. Their rise over the last 30 years is incredible and it’s a shame that we never did that at Toledo.

So True UTXC

Like a lot of other things there is little community vision in the aggregate or $ support for UT.

Hell..... this is the city that basically declined to have the Danny Thomas (own son) Shriners hospital.

We shall overcome

Go Rockets!

Lots of money in Cincinnati including 5 corporations that make a ton of money like P&G, Kroger and huge financial institutions. Toledo's biggest companies have all struggled at some point. It doesn't hurt to have baseball and football franchises worth billions. Also there are three billionaire families in Cincy, led by the Scripps ($7.5 B). Unfortunately, there are no super-wealthy in Toledo.

RE: Candle to Cincinnati - PaulJ - 11-29-2022 12:59 PM

(11-29-2022 12:12 PM)DetroitRocket Wrote:  

So True UTXC

We shall overcome

Go Rockets!

Lots of money in Cincinnati including 5 corporations that make a ton of money like P&G, Kroger and huge financial institutions. Toledo's biggest companies have all struggled at some point. It doesn't hurt to have baseball and football franchises worth billions. Also there are three billionaire families in Cincy, led by the Scripps ($7.5 B). Unfortunately, there are no super-wealthy in Toledo.

I was going to make same point, plus larger alumni base and local community (population) to draw upon. And you are right although there is some "new" and "old" money in Toledo and NW Ohio, its not nearly that large or extensive,and what there is here is already committed to other social, educational and community needs. I could be wrong, but also seems like UT Athletics has already "tapped" into the big donors with interested in Rockets sports. I am sure there remains potential, especially towards the middle and bottom of the fund raising pyramid (many smaller donors) but doubt that is also anywhere near same potential that exists in Cincinnati.

RE: Candle to Cincinnati - bcunn3128 - 11-29-2022 01:47 PM

(11-29-2022 12:59 PM)PaulJ Wrote:  
(11-29-2022 12:12 PM)DetroitRocket Wrote:  

So True UTXC

We shall overcome

Go Rockets!

I was going to make same point, plus larger alumni base and local community (population) to draw upon. And you are right although there is some "new" and "old" money in Toledo and NW Ohio, its not nearly that large or extensive,and what there is here is already committed to other social, educational and community needs. I could be wrong, but also seems like UT Athletics has already "tapped" into the big donors with interested in Rockets sports. I am sure there remains potential, especially towards the middle and bottom of the fund raising pyramid (many smaller donors) but doubt that is also anywhere near same potential that exists in Cincinnati.

Which is why the deal that Candle got makes no sense at this University. The only way to justify it would be if we had landed in the top 25 a season or two, and this was to try to keep him here (and we all know where they would have gone).

Appalachian State…Coastal Carolina…Liberty…UTSA…Tulane…all pretty comparable G5 programs that have spent time in the top 25 at one time or another in the past few seasons. No Toledo. That, IMO, was the expectation for the compensation package. If expectations aren’t meant, there are consequences.