CSNbbs
ESPN’s Stephen A Smith says TCU’s strength of schedule isn’t deserving of CFP Top4 - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big12bbs (/forum-260.html)
+---- Forum: Big 12 Conference Talk (/forum-188.html)
+---- Thread: ESPN’s Stephen A Smith says TCU’s strength of schedule isn’t deserving of CFP Top4 (/thread-959589.html)

ESPN’s Stephen A Smith says TCU’s strength of schedule isn’t deserving of CFP Top4 - ArmoredUpKnight - 11-16-2022 03:28 PM

RE: ESPN’s Stephen A Smith says TCU’s strength of schedule isn’t deserving of CFP Top4 - muckdawg24 - 11-16-2022 05:10 PM

Stephen A. Smith is a idiot and doesn't know anything about most sports. 5 ranked wins.

Ohio State 2 ranked wins
Michigan 1 ranked win
Georgia 2 ranked wins

Strength of Schedule is a weird metric IMO.

RE: ESPN’s Stephen A Smith says TCU’s strength of schedule isn’t deserving of CFP Top4 - vabearcat - 11-16-2022 05:55 PM

TCU has beaten better teams than the other contenders currently ranked ahead of them. ESPN doesn’t want TCU in the college football playoffs because TCU is a private school in a smaller market. ESPN would rather have Tennessee, USC, Alabama or LSU.

RE: ESPN’s Stephen A Smith says TCU’s strength of schedule isn’t deserving of CFP Top4 - doss2 - 11-16-2022 06:10 PM

Smith is an over paid putz!

ESPN’s Stephen A Smith says TCU’s strength of schedule isn’t deserving of CFP Top4 - HornFrogFan - 11-16-2022 08:33 PM

I quit caring about what Smith says years ago. ESPN only keeps him around because his hot takes get people riled up. I live in San Antonio and have been a Spurs fan for most of my life. He used to rag on the Spurs saying they would never win another championship after David Robinson retired. Last I checked he got that one wrong.

He's doing the same thing here. He has to create something to get people riled up so he's targeting TCU because it isn't a huge state school like the others in the Top 4. Guarantee if it was OU/TX with our exact same resume, he wouldn't be saying they don't belong. He would be talking about how deep the B12 is and how it's amazing that OU/TX have made it through such a grind without a loss so far, etc. etc.

Also, the fact that he's there with the SEC propaganda machine known as Finebaum tells me all I need to know about how that conversation went.

RE: ESPN’s Stephen A Smith says TCU’s strength of schedule isn’t deserving of CFP Top4 - tcufrog86 - 11-16-2022 10:37 PM

People seem to overlook in a round robin like the Big 12 you are going to have teams with more losses because nobody avoids anyone. Additionally the Big 12 plays 9 conference games while some others still only play 8 which also automatically adds more losses because a conference team has to lose those games.

Finally, TCU plays 6 true road games while Michigan and Ohio State only play 4.

RE: ESPN’s Stephen A Smith says TCU’s strength of schedule isn’t deserving of CFP Top4 - muckdawg24 - 11-17-2022 07:58 AM

Yeah him and Finebaum are just talking heads with no substance. Good thing it's all settled on the football field.

RE: ESPN’s Stephen A Smith says TCU’s strength of schedule isn’t deserving of CFP Top4 - CliftonAve - 11-17-2022 09:34 AM

"TCU hasn't played a real schedule like Ohio State... Arkansas State, Toledo, Rutgers, Indiana, Maryland, Northwestern, Indiana, Iowa."

-Steven A. probably

RE: ESPN’s Stephen A Smith says TCU’s strength of schedule isn’t deserving of CFP Top4 - muckdawg24 - 11-17-2022 12:31 PM

Schedule by league affiliation is bull crap, it's WHO you play, not the league you play in.

RE: ESPN’s Stephen A Smith says TCU’s strength of schedule isn’t deserving of CFP Top4 - Z-Fly - 11-18-2022 08:35 AM

I've always thought the B1G was over rated/boring, and I'm from Ohio. 2 great teams, 2 Good ones, and a bunch of crap. It isn't nothing, but I'm not buy a T-Shirt.

RE: ESPN’s Stephen A Smith says TCU’s strength of schedule isn’t deserving of CFP Top4 - natibeast2.0 - 11-18-2022 11:52 AM

(11-16-2022 05:55 PM)vabearcat Wrote:  TCU has beaten better teams than the other contenders currently ranked ahead of them. ESPN doesn’t want TCU in the college football playoffs because TCU is a private school in a smaller market. ESPN would rather have Tennessee, USC, Alabama or LSU.

Agreed for most. Would clarify Dallas/Fort Worth is not a small market except in direct comparison to other private school in contention with USC and LA.

I think the 4th spot comes down to TCU (only if they drop one game), USC, Tennessee, and Loser of Ohio State/Michigan game for the 4th spot barring chaos.

LSU gets roped by Georgia in semi finals and Bama is already out.

Regardless, TCU controls their own destiny as with my Ohio State. Win out and your holding trophies here on out. Lose one in the regular season or conference championship and you put your destiny in someone else’s hands.

RE: ESPN’s Stephen A Smith says TCU’s strength of schedule isn’t deserving of CFP Top4 - natibeast2.0 - 11-18-2022 11:53 AM

(11-18-2022 08:35 AM)Z-Fly Wrote:  I've always thought the B1G was over rated/boring, and I'm from Ohio. 2 great teams, 2 Good ones, and a bunch of crap. It isn't nothing, but I'm not buy a T-Shirt.

I’m an Ohio State alum and couldn’t agree more.

RE: ESPN’s Stephen A Smith says TCU’s strength of schedule isn’t deserving of CFP Top4 - goodknightfl - 11-19-2022 08:46 AM

If TCU can win out, they deserve to be in Playoff.

RE: ESPN’s Stephen A Smith says TCU’s strength of schedule isn’t deserving of CFP Top4 - goodknightfl - 11-25-2022 09:22 AM

ESPN's Stephen A Smiths intellectual strength isn't worthy of us caring what he says.

ESPN’s Stephen A Smith says TCU’s strength of schedule isn’t deserving of CFP Top4 - HornFrogFan - 11-25-2022 09:46 AM

(11-25-2022 09:22 AM)goodknightfl Wrote:  ESPN's Stephen A Smiths intellectual strength isn't worthy of us caring what he says.

The irony of Steven A Smith's original comment is that TCU currently has the highest ranked strength of schedule and strength of record compared to the other teams in the top 4.

Also, I hate the narrative that TCU has to go undefeated to make the playoff. If we are a 1 loss B12 champion I think we have a better resume than most, if not all, of the 1 or 2 loss teams currently in the top 10.

RE: ESPN’s Stephen A Smith says TCU’s strength of schedule isn’t deserving of CFP Top4 - WhoseHouse? - 11-25-2022 02:19 PM

(11-25-2022 09:46 AM)HornFrogFan Wrote:  
(11-25-2022 09:22 AM)goodknightfl Wrote:  ESPN's Stephen A Smiths intellectual strength isn't worthy of us caring what he says.

The irony of Steven A Smith's original comment is that TCU currently has the highest ranked strength of schedule and strength of record compared to the other teams in the top 4.

Also, I hate the narrative that TCU has to go undefeated to make the playoff. If we are a 1 loss B12 champion I think we have a better resume than most, if not all, of the 1 or 2 loss teams currently in the top 10.

I think yall would have a better resume as a 1 loss Big 12 runner up than as a 1 loss Big 12 champ because the latter would mean losing at home to a 4-7 ISU team. But I agree that its ridiculous that you might get left out at 12-1 for a 10-2 Alabama team or some other monstrosity.