CSNbbs
Could a 2 x 28 or a 2 x 30 Setup Be Sufficient? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SECbbs (/forum-285.html)
+---- Forum: SEC Conference Talk (/forum-246.html)
+---- Thread: Could a 2 x 28 or a 2 x 30 Setup Be Sufficient? (/thread-951780.html)

Could a 2 x 28 or a 2 x 30 Setup Be Sufficient? - JRsec - 07-27-2022 06:17 AM

Would it be easier or more profitable to move to just 2 conferences with no tweener and let each school moving up to give one year current conference salary into a pool for any conference mates not making the move.

For instance in the 2 x 30 model 13 ACC schools would pay ~ 35 million to fund which would be split by BC and Wake.

The PAC, ACC, and B12 would vote to dissolve or simply not sign a new GOR.

2 x 28

B1G:

Maryland, Notre Dame, Penn State, Pittsburgh, Purdue, Rutgers, Syracuse

Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Michigan State, Northwestern, Ohio State, Wisconsin

Colorado, Iowa, Iowa State, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska

Arizona, California, California Los Angeles, Oregon, Southern Cal, Stanford, Washington

SEC:

Duke, Kentucky, Louisville, North Carolina, N.C. State, Virginia, Virginia Tech

Clemson, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Miami, South Carolina

Alabama, Auburn, Louisiana State, Mississippi, Mississippi State, Tennessee, Vanderbilt

Arkansas, Baylor, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech

2 x 30

B1G:

Maryland, Notre Dame, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Syracuse

Illinois, Indiana, Ohio State, Penn State, Purdue

Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Northwestern, Wisconsin

Iowa, Iowa State, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska

Arizona, Arizona State, California Los Angeles, Colorado, Southern Cal

California, Oregon, Stanford, Utah, Washington

SEC:

Duke, North Carolina, N.C. State, Virginia, Virginia Tech

Kentucky, Louisville, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, West Virginia

Clemson, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Florida, South Carolina

Alabama, Auburn, Florida State, Miami, Mississippi State

Arkansas, Baylor, Louisiana State, Mississippi, Texas A&M

Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas Christian, Texas Tech

Each set up has merit. I really like the groupings on the 2 x 28.

RE: Could a 2 x 28 or a 2 x 30 Setup Be Sufficient? - CardFan1 - 07-27-2022 08:32 AM

From a fans point of view, and most sports TV viewers are fans, it 's the only way to satisfy most fan bases as well as retaining stability with these Universities investments. It also give a decent chance for keeping most intrastate rivalries intact as well as a true North South crossover rivalry potential between both conferences.

RE: Could a 2 x 28 or a 2 x 30 Setup Be Sufficient? - OdinFrigg - 07-28-2022 08:43 AM

The BIG is looking at 7 schools? I wouldn’t doubt it.

What’s interesting is that no Virginia, North Carolina schools are mentioned. Neither is Georgia Tech. Maybe it is the SEC that has put a strong claim on the mid-Atlantic territory.

The BIG is naming Florida State along with Miami?

Is the BIG actually secretly working in a co-op plan with the SEC; along with ESPN, Fox, and NBC?

Ok, the “7” may the new daily rumor, but it originates with SI.

There seems to be a new GoR busting initiative for the ACC.
I can count up to ten ACC schools, including ND, ready to break. ESPN isn’t giving the current ACC a huge pay-out boost. ND’s “independence” bluff may be getting called.

Not said, several ACC schools such as Syracuse, Pitt, BC, maybe Wake, maybe Louisville (if the SEC wants a few (2-3) more western schools in the mix instead), perhaps one or two others that won’t have a P2 destination, will be extended a landing spot whereby the B12 and PAC are involved. There will be third conference that is “P-lite”. Most B12, ACC, and PAC remnants consolidate.

Three 24-team “P” conferences with a total of 72 schools, with one being “junior”?

Of course I’m drawn into speculating too,

https://www.si.com/fannation/college/cfb-hq/ncaa-football/college-football-realignment-big-ten-seven-schools-expansion

RE: Could a 2 x 28 or a 2 x 30 Setup Be Sufficient? - JRsec - 07-28-2022 08:49 AM

(07-28-2022 08:43 AM)OdinFrigg Wrote:  The BIG is looking at 7 schools? I wouldn’t doubt it.

What’s interesting is that no Virginia, North Carolina schools are mention. Neither is Georgia Tech. Maybe it is the SEC that has put a claim on the mid-Atlantic territory.

The BIG is naming Florida State along with Miami?

Is the BIG actually secretly working in a coop plan with the SEC; along with ESPN, Fox, and NBC?

Ok, the “7” may the new daily rumor, but it originates with SI.

There seems to be a new GoR busting initiative for the ACC.
I can count up to ten ACC schools, including ND, ready to break. ESPN isn’t giving the ACC a huge pay-out boost.

Not said, several ACC schools such as Syracuse, Pitt, BC, maybe Wake, maybe Louisville, perhaps one or two others that won’t have a P2 destination, will be extended a landing spot whereby the B12 and PAC are involved. There will be third conference that is “P-lite”. B12, ACC, and PAC remnants consolidate.

The 24-team “P” conference with a total of 72 schools, with one being “junior”?

Of course I’m drawn into speculating too,

https://www.si.com/fannation/college/cfb-hq/ncaa-football/college-football-realignment-big-ten-seven-schools-expansion

I've been posting that for months. SI is just plagiarizing which is nothing new. The internet is free game. I've seen Frank copied, I've been copied almost verbatim by a so called Southern publication. What pisses me off is that most don't believe a thing until some hack publication like SI prints it months after it has been out. And SI has been hack for years now!

You can't move to a Super 2 of 48 schools without a catch all conference to mitigate damages to those left behind. Actually I've posted that here in the P5 and CS/CR forum and introduced it when OU and UT joined. That created so much imbalance the rest is inevitable. In 2012 I posted a 3 x 20 as an eventual solution and though dated as to composition it is essentially where we are headed, perhaps plus 12. While the construct was mine the concept belongs to John McKay and Bear Bryant circa 1971. All of this has been percolating for decades.

Now, I think Warren didn't mention UNC and UVa because he wants to pressure ESPN to use the SEC to protect ESPN's monopoly on Florida Schools and ad rates in the Sunshine State. ESPN cares where Miami goes more than the SEC. The SEC cares where FSU goes. Warren sent a message. Crack the ACC, free N.D. and we can end this between us.

UNC & NC State to the SEC. Duke and Virginia to the Big 10. Va Tech, FSU, Miami, and Clemson to the SEC. Stanford, California, Oregon, and Washington to the Big 10. Add one of Pitt, Kansas, or Syracuse to the B1G and they are done at 24. Add Georgia Tech and Louisville or Kansas to the SEC and we are done at 24. Everyone left in the PAC and ACC to the New Big 12 and we are done.

RE: Could a 2 x 28 or a 2 x 30 Setup Be Sufficient? - NoQuarterBrigade - 07-30-2022 11:03 PM

If this happens, I am done with college football.

[Image: robert-downey-jr-facepalm.gif]