CSNbbs
O/T Covid - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Eastern Michigan (/forum-478.html)
+----- Thread: O/T Covid (/thread-947156.html)

O/T Covid - emu steve - 05-05-2022 03:53 PM

I just tested positive for Covid. Lessons:

1). If anyone in your household has symptoms like scratchy throat, running nose, cough, etc. Suggest that they get tested and you too. By time, they have full symptoms they probably infected you. Being a few days late, can be an issue.

2). I debated going to the test as I just had very mild spring like conditions, i.e., scratchy throat, nunny noise, little bit of gerd, etc. until yesterday so I scheduled an appointment. Still didn't know if it was bronchitis (I would have guessed that 3 years ago), flu or Covid. Yesterday I developed the deep cough and fever. Feel much, much better today.

3). If you get full blown symptoms, like fever, sweats, etc. it most likely isn't flu this late in the season.

4). As few in church, etc. etc. very. very few wearing a mask. I could have infected a lot of people, unknowingly.

Anyway, all of my vitals are excellent. I'm seemingly over what seemed like bronchitis.

They do the standard workup, checking your oxygen saturation rate, pulse, listen to your chest, etc.

As most know, Omicron strikes hardest in the nasopharanx area (nose and throat) and doesn't go for the lungs.

RE: O/T Covid - emu79 - 05-05-2022 04:21 PM

(05-05-2022 03:53 PM)emu steve Wrote:  I just tested positive for Covid. Lessons:

1). If anyone in your household has symptoms like scratchy throat, running nose, cough, etc. Suggest that they get tested and you too. By time, they have full symptoms they probably infected you. Being a few days late, can be an issue.

2). I debated going to the test as I just had very mild spring like conditions, i.e., scratchy throat, nunny noise, little bit of gerd, etc. until yesterday so I scheduled an appointment. Still didn't know if it was bronchitis (I would have guessed that 3 years ago), flu or Covid. Yesterday I developed the deep cough and fever. Feel much, much better today.

3). If you get full blown symptoms, like fever, sweats, etc. it most likely isn't flu this late in the season.

4). As few in church, etc. etc. very. very few wearing a mask. I could have infected a lot of people, unknowingly.

Anyway, all of my vitals are excellent. I'm seemingly over what seemed like bronchitis.

They do the standard workup, checking your oxygen saturation rate, pulse, listen to your chest, etc.

As most know, Omicron strikes hardest in the nasopharanx area (nose and throat) and doesn't go for the lungs.

My step daughter and boyfriend had original COVID which was difficult and got the JJ vaccine. They recently got over the milder COVID. My one year old grandson had COVID and his parents both in their 30s have COVID and zero energy and tight chests. My wife and I had our second boosters. Protect yourself with masks vaccines or both. COVID is not done with us. Thanks for posting this Steve. We need honest discussions about COVID.

RE: O/T Covid - emu steve - 05-05-2022 04:32 PM

Got my hair cut last Thursday. I wore a KN95.

Guess I was contagious then.

I should have gotten tested then.

Don't over think Covid. Any symptoms, test. Don't blame seasonal allergies, spring colds, etc.

RE: O/T Covid - masttg - 05-05-2022 11:15 PM

(05-05-2022 04:32 PM)emu steve Wrote:  Got my hair cut last Thursday. I wore a KN95.

Don't over think Covid. Any symptoms, test. Don't blame seasonal allergies, spring colds, etc.

Hope you have an easy recovery!

RE: O/T Covid - TheWoodenNickle - 05-06-2022 05:37 AM

(05-05-2022 04:32 PM)emu steve Wrote:  Got my hair cut last Thursday. I wore a KN95.

Hang in there, Steve.

RE: O/T Covid - emu79 - 05-06-2022 07:44 AM

Yes feel better soon.

RE: O/T Covid - emu steve - 05-06-2022 07:54 AM

(05-06-2022 07:44 AM)emu79 Wrote:  Yes feel better soon.

I was hacking some last night but I'm about 90% now.