CSNbbs
If you're going to Thomas Stadium, eat before you go - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SoConbbs (/forum-266.html)
+---- Forum: SoCon Team Talk (/forum-944.html)
+----- Forum: ETSU (/forum-335.html)
+------ Forum: Baseball and Olympic Sports (/forum-338.html)
+------ Thread: If you're going to Thomas Stadium, eat before you go (/thread-946589.html)

If you're going to Thomas Stadium, eat before you go - frankenheimer - 04-23-2022 09:53 AM

I really hate to publicly call out stuff related to ETSU, but concessions this year have been atrocious. Examples:
Ran out of hot dogs more than once, including last night. Pretty sure they ran out of nachos last night. I remember trying to get either peanuts or cracker jack at an earlie game and they were out.
Last night, the concession stand was not open when I walked in, 15 minutes before first pitch. Saw people carrying concessions about the third inning. I did get my third choice of stuff about the 5th inning.
Did not honor the popcorn+drink price on the posted sign last night.
I don't drink, but their beer license has come and gone a couple of times. Either offer it or don't.
Problems with taking cards for payment on a couple of occasions. Similar to the beer, either do or don't - not sometimes yes, sometimes no.
Don't buy the pretzels, unless you're a big fan of too much salt and stale.
And, by the way, security will make you get rid of any snacks or drinks you try to bring in if they see it. So your options are to sneak stuff in or try to get something from the poorly run concession stand.
If you want to bring a kid to a game, I'm not sure I'd recommend it until they get the concessions fixed.

I have enjoyed the baseball games though. That's been good. Not sure I'd go if the team was mediocre this year.