CSNbbs
Delaware vs Villanova (#15 vs #2 Seed). Place your bets? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CAAbbs (/forum-676.html)
+---- Forum: CAA Conference Talk (/forum-677.html)
+---- Thread: Delaware vs Villanova (#15 vs #2 Seed). Place your bets? (/thread-944363.html)

Delaware vs Villanova (#15 vs #2 Seed). Place your bets? - 70shawk - 03-13-2022 08:12 PM

Delaware ended the season finally living up to their potential. Earned the championship. Now they face Villanova on Friday.

Anyone have an analysis of what it would take to pull off the upset?

RE: Delaware vs Villanova (#15 vs #2 Seed). Place your bets? - J.B. - 03-14-2022 07:50 AM

Two teams that I really dislike so I'm not going to give any opinions. I would be rooting for both teams to lose, but unfortunately that can't happen.

I find this matchup so intriguing though. Ingelsby was born and raised in Villanova territory. He recruits from that area. Painter transferred from Villanova. Ingelsby's dad was a star player at Villanova.

RE: Delaware vs Villanova (#15 vs #2 Seed). Place your bets? - 70shawk - 03-14-2022 09:04 AM

(03-14-2022 07:50 AM)J.B. Wrote:  Two teams that I really dislike so I'm not going to give any opinions. I would be rooting for both teams to lose, but unfortunately that can't happen.

I find this matchup so intriguing though. Ingelsby was born and raised in Villanova territory. He recruits from that area. Painter transferred from Villanova. Ingelsby's dad was a star player at Villanova.

Well, I'm pulling for Delaware if only for the $$ our schools would get if they advance.

Neither Delaware or Towson got very good seeds, but I actually think it wouldn't be crazy for either to win if they bring their A games.

RE: Delaware vs Villanova (#15 vs #2 Seed). Place your bets? - 82hawk - 03-16-2022 06:36 AM

(03-14-2022 09:04 AM)70shawk Wrote:  
(03-14-2022 07:50 AM)J.B. Wrote:  Two teams that I really dislike so I'm not going to give any opinions. I would be rooting for both teams to lose, but unfortunately that can't happen.

Well, I'm pulling for Delaware if only for the $$ our schools would get if they advance.

Neither Delaware or Towson got very good seeds, but I actually think it wouldn't be crazy for either to win if they bring their A games.

I'm just not impressed by Delaware. We had a bad game plan and didn't adjust or we would have beaten them by 10+. They basically had one guy we couldn't stop, but that isn't going to happen for them against Villanova. I predict they lose by 15.

I have much more confidence in Towson.

RE: Delaware vs Villanova (#15 vs #2 Seed). Place your bets? - 70shawk - 03-16-2022 08:40 AM

(03-16-2022 06:36 AM)82hawk Wrote:  I have much more confidence in Towson.

Fair enough

RE: Delaware vs Villanova (#15 vs #2 Seed). Place your bets? - dan10 - 03-17-2022 09:27 AM

Delaware played good defense in the CAAT, prior to that, they were sketchy. Poor defense against Villanova will get them blown out. If they play tough defense they can hang around. Painter will be stoked for this game, I'd imagine. I have not seen consistent defense from them, so I am going to say they struggle quite a bit and get blown out. There would be crazier upsets than this one, on paper, anyhow.

RE: Delaware vs Villanova (#15 vs #2 Seed). Place your bets? - dan10 - 03-17-2022 09:28 AM

With that said give me:

Delaware- 64
Villanova- 81

RE: Delaware vs Villanova (#15 vs #2 Seed). Place your bets? - EvanJ - 03-20-2022 02:21 PM

It was 80-60, so you were close. https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/game/_/gameId/401408598 is the box score.