CSNbbs
William and Mary - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CAAbbs (/forum-676.html)
+---- Forum: CAA Conference Talk (/forum-677.html)
+----- Forum: Northeastern (/forum-687.html)
+----- Thread: William and Mary (/thread-939220.html)

William and Mary - NUFan35 - 12-31-2021 05:15 PM

What a disaster. Outhustled, out of sync on both ends, too much complaining about calls, dumb fouls (not just the end but all game), and recklessly turning the ball over. So much to be disappointed about. After losing to Elon and this truly terrible W&M team, it's going to be a long CAA season. Other than that, a perfectly Happy New Year

RE: William and Mary - NUFan35 - 12-31-2021 05:20 PM

The 22-0 run and the last 5 seconds have to be some of the low points of NU's CAA basketball history so I won't even expound upon that

RE: William and Mary - NUGUY - 12-31-2021 09:02 PM

(12-31-2021 05:20 PM)NUFan35 Wrote:  The 22-0 run and the last 5 seconds have to be some of the low points of NU's CAA basketball history so I won't even expound upon that

The last five seconds is the all time number one disappointment in my book.

I don't see much to be optimistic about. Lack of intensity, repeating the same mistakes over and over, too much one on one offense, etc. It just doesn't look like a traditional NU team playing solid defence and passing the ball crisply to get an open shot.

Today was hard to watch plus we had to listen to listen to the W+M announcers.

RE: William and Mary - geewizNU - 01-01-2022 03:31 PM

I saw only parts of the 1st half and that was it. I tried to follow online. I saw that we were up 1 with :04 to play and then the final. I read how the last seconds played out later.

I know it’s just two league games but it’s looking like this season just wasn’t meant to be a good one.

RE: William and Mary - NUGUY - 01-01-2022 10:38 PM

(01-01-2022 03:31 PM)geewizNU Wrote:  I saw only parts of the 1st half and that was it. I tried to follow online. I saw that we were up 1 with :04 to play and then the final. I read how the last seconds played out later.

I know it’s just two league games but it’s looking like this season just wasn’t meant to be a good one.

I'm an optimist but based on the first two league games with only one rotation player out I have to agree. A lot of individual talent doesn't always translate to a good team. I haven't completely given up hope, though.

RE: William and Mary - geewizNU - 01-05-2023 02:09 AM

NU heads down to Virginia to face W&M tonight.

The Tribe played a tough OOC schedule losing to teams like VaTech, Pitt, NC State and they did manage to beat Richmond.

NU always has problems winning in their gym, no matter how good or bad they are.

I feel like NU should win this game, but if NU gets sloppy with the ball and again if we don’t make our share of 3’s, we could lose this one.

RE: William and Mary - NUFan35 - 01-05-2023 04:23 PM

Reading this thread made me sick all over again!

RE: William and Mary - NUGUY - 01-05-2023 05:18 PM

(01-05-2023 04:23 PM)NUFan35 Wrote:  Reading this thread made me sick all over again!

Me, too. I hope my nightmares aren't going to start up again.

RE: William and Mary - NUFan35 - 01-05-2023 09:11 PM

Another one literally thrown away with turnovers. Maddening. That William and Mary club is not good at all either so it was winnable

RE: William and Mary - geewizNU - 01-05-2023 09:32 PM

(01-05-2023 09:11 PM)NUFan35 Wrote:  Another one literally thrown away with turnovers. Maddening. That William and Mary club is not good at all either so it was winnable

Didn't see the game yet.

Was Nwagha hurt? There's no way he doesn't play in this if he isn't. Did they double team Telfort? Because that's a horrible game if he wasn't.