CSNbbs
Bowl cancellations - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: ACCbbs (/forum-381.html)
+---- Forum: ACC Conference Talk (/forum-351.html)
+---- Thread: Bowl cancellations (/thread-938877.html)

Pages: 1 2

Bowl cancellations - ken d - 12-26-2021 12:07 PM

So far, BC and Virginia will be staying home. How much does that cost the ACC?

RE: Bowl cancellations - BigOwensboroCard - 12-26-2021 12:30 PM

Wow can not wait to hear the conferences totals after the bowls money wise. This year is going to SUCK on the team payouts after all is said and done, but then again in comparison to the other P5 payouts it already SUCKS.

Bowl cancellations - 200yrs2late - 12-26-2021 01:56 PM

Anybody know how many positive tests there were?

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk

RE: Bowl cancellations - Shannon Panther - 12-26-2021 08:15 PM

We are getting pocket lint for bowl payouts this year.

RE: Bowl cancellations - green - 12-26-2021 10:13 PM

https://twitter.com/shansonSeaTimes/status/1475276019699310592

when will mass hysteria end over a disease w/ 99.9% survivability ...
should’ve pled temporary insanity ...
would’ve been more believable if U were ...

LAME DUCK

RE: Bowl cancellations - ken d - 12-27-2021 07:51 AM

(12-26-2021 10:13 PM)green Wrote:  

LAME DUCK

Yeah. We've already had 815,000 deaths, so what difference will a few more make? It's time we just admit defeat in the war against COVID and let it do its thing. It's just not worth missing any more sporting events. Let's get our priorities right.

RE: Bowl cancellations - green - 12-27-2021 08:39 AM

(12-27-2021 07:51 AM)ken d Wrote:  

LAME DUCK

Yeah. We've already had 815,000 deaths, so what difference will a few more make? It's time we just admit defeat in the war against COVID and let it do its thing. It's just not worth missing any more sporting events. Let's get our priorities right.

from or with covid ...
have onerous lockdowns, restrictions, cancellations worked to stop the spread ...

QUESTIONING FAITH

RE: Bowl cancellations - green - 12-27-2021 08:49 AM

LAME DUCK

let’s ban football altogether ...
definitionally ...
empirically ...
anecdotally ...
it’s an unsafe sport ...
whaddaya say ...

FROM THE SUBLIME TO THE RIDICULOUS

RE: Bowl cancellations - dawgitall - 12-27-2021 08:31 PM

(12-27-2021 08:39 AM)green Wrote:  

LAME DUCK

from or with covid ...
have onerous lockdowns, restrictions, cancellations worked to stop the spread ...

QUESTIONING FAITH

it is certainly hard to prove how effective the measures that have been taken up to this point have worked, we are all kind of learning as we go. But I think it is safe to say that they have reduced the number of infections.

As far as the "from/with" comment goes it's the complications that kill most people isn't it? That doesn't make it any less a Covid death. Certainly the oft sited, "guy got killed in a car accident and tested positive for covid so they counted it as a covid death" wouldn't apply, but while it may have happened somewhere it isn't how they do it. On the other hand when someone is in the hospital and develops pneumonia while battling covid and they die, well yes that is a covid death.

I'm not sure about anyone else's experiences but from my vantage point it's not some abstract tiny percentage so small we should just ignore it. A number of people with close connections to me, several people in my church, a number of friends I went through school with, an older friend, and a cousin have all died "from" covid. A lot of people have contracted it and most of them had few if any problems, but for a few others it's a very different story. They continue to deal with fatigue, damaged lungs etc.

If we have to be inconvenienced in the short run that seems to be a small sacrifice.

RE: Bowl cancellations - green - 12-27-2021 09:17 PM

(12-27-2021 08:31 PM)dawgitall Wrote:  

LAME DUCK

from or with covid ...

QUESTIONING FAITH

it is certainly hard to prove how effective the measures that have been taken up to this point have worked, we are all kind of learning as we go. But I think it is safe to say that they have reduced the number of infections.

As far as the "from/with" comment goes it's the complications that kill most people isn't it? That doesn't make it any less a Covid death. Certainly the oft sited, "guy got killed in a car accident and tested positive for covid so they counted it as a covid death" wouldn't apply, but while it may have happened somewhere it isn't how they do it. On the other hand when someone is in the hospital and develops pneumonia while battling covid and they die, well yes that is a covid death.

I'm not sure about anyone else's experiences but from my vantage point it's not some abstract tiny percentage so small we should just ignore it. A number of people with close connections to me, several people in my church, a number of friends I went through school with, an older friend, and a cousin have all died "from" covid. A lot of people have contracted it and most of them had few if any problems, but for a few others it's a very different story. They continue to deal with fatigue, damaged lungs etc.

If we have to be inconvenienced in the short run that seems to be a small sacrifice.

https://twitter.com/theACC/status/1475596398338920449

making it up as we go along ...
you don’t know ...
they don’t know ...
what is known ...
novel virus disproportionately affects the elderly & comorbid ...
not the young & healthy ...
how many student athletes have succumbed to covid ...
issue at hand ...
if U can field a team, play the g-ddamn game ...
I’d rather lose shorthanded, then concede ...

AN EVENING AT THE IMPROV

RE: Bowl cancellations - Pervis_Griffith - 12-27-2021 09:22 PM

We need to start shifting the focus to therapeutics from vaccines (which technically are more like flu shots than vaccines). Omicron is going to spread tons of natural antibodies to all those who get it, and it's spread is ensuring that a bazillion people do come down with it.

But it'd be nice to have a bunch of monoclonal antibodies on hand for those who need hospitalization after getting covid. Those take time to produce but are very effective at neutralizing things.

07-coffee3

RE: Bowl cancellations - dawgitall - 12-27-2021 11:30 PM

(12-27-2021 09:17 PM)green Wrote:  

LAME DUCK

from or with covid ...

QUESTIONING FAITH

you don’t know ...
they don’t know ...
what is known ...
issue at hand ...

AN EVENING AT THE IMPROV

But the young and healthy come into contact with lots of other people. I don't know if they should cancel these games or not, but sometimes you have to put a little trust in the decision makers. They know a lot more than we do about the specifics of the situation.

RE: Bowl cancellations - ChrisLords - 12-27-2021 11:44 PM

(12-27-2021 09:22 PM)Pervis_Griffith Wrote:  We need to start shifting the focus to therapeutics from vaccines (which technically are more like flu shots than vaccines). Omicron is going to spread tons of natural antibodies to all those who get it, and it's spread is ensuring that a bazillion people do come down with it.

But it'd be nice to have a bunch of monoclonal antibodies on hand for those who need hospitalization after getting covid. Those take time to produce but are very effective at neutralizing things.

07-coffee3

I had the synthetic antibodies infusion after I got Covid at the VT/UNC football game in Sept. It worked great and I have multiple morbidities.

RE: Bowl cancellations - dawgitall - 12-28-2021 12:14 AM

(12-27-2021 11:44 PM)ChrisLords Wrote:  
(12-27-2021 09:22 PM)Pervis_Griffith Wrote:  We need to start shifting the focus to therapeutics from vaccines (which technically are more like flu shots than vaccines). Omicron is going to spread tons of natural antibodies to all those who get it, and it's spread is ensuring that a bazillion people do come down with it.

07-coffee3

I had the synthetic antibodies infusion after I got Covid at the VT/UNC football game in Sept. It worked great and I have multiple morbidities.

This seems to be a great treatment. I have a sister in law and friend that each tested positive and were sick and each got the monoclonal infusion treatment. Both were better after a few days, though fatigue seems to linger for a while. One hadn't gotten the vaccine because of other health issues and the other had reluctantly gotten the J and J. Who knows how they would have fared had they not gotten the infusion.

RE: Bowl cancellations - Buckminster Fuller - 12-28-2021 06:05 AM

Central Michigan will play Washington State in the Sun Bowl.

Boise State withdrew from the Arizona Bowl, which allowed Central Michigan, their Arizona Bowl opponent, to move to the Sun.

RE: Bowl cancellations - green - 12-28-2021 09:13 AM

(12-27-2021 11:30 PM)dawgitall Wrote:  
(12-27-2021 07:51 AM)ken d Wrote:  Yeah. We've already had 815,000 deaths, so what difference will a few more make? It's time we just admit defeat in the war against COVID and let it do its thing. It's just not worth missing any more sporting events. Let's get our priorities right.

from or with covid ...

QUESTIONING FAITH

you don’t know ...
they don’t know ...
what is known ...
issue at hand ...

AN EVENING AT THE IMPROV

But the young and healthy come into contact with lots of other people. I don't know if they should cancel these games or not, but sometimes you have to put a little trust in the decision makers. They know a lot more than we do about the specifics of the situation.

https://twitter.com/Orwells_Ghost_/status/1475564152907345921

THE MEEK SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH

RE: Bowl cancellations - dawgitall - 12-28-2021 01:52 PM

(12-28-2021 09:13 AM)green Wrote:  
(12-27-2021 08:39 AM)green Wrote:  from or with covid ...

QUESTIONING FAITH

you don’t know ...
they don’t know ...
what is known ...
issue at hand ...

AN EVENING AT THE IMPROV

So I guess you think this is all some sort of worldwide conspiracy? Good Grief.

RE: Bowl cancellations - Pervis_Griffith - 12-28-2021 02:44 PM

(12-28-2021 12:14 AM)dawgitall Wrote:  
(12-27-2021 11:44 PM)ChrisLords Wrote:  

07-coffee3

This seems to be a great treatment. I have a sister in law and friend that each tested positive and were sick and each got the monoclonal infusion treatment. Both were better after a few days, though fatigue seems to linger for a while. One hadn't gotten the vaccine because of other health issues and the other had reluctantly gotten the J and J. Who knows how they would have fared had they not gotten the infusion.

That's great to hear.

This pandemic is acting like the others that came before it. There was always a super fast spreading variant, that was much less severe than the original virus, that spread natural antibodies to a huge bulk of the population. In effect "beating" the other variants out there to the punch, and immunizing against all other variants. Omicron is doing that today.

I think this virus is here to stay, so let's start cranking out treatments for it, so they are widely available, and people can fight it off without too much trouble. And stop worrying so much about boosters, and testing.

07-coffee3

RE: Bowl cancellations - green - 12-28-2021 03:06 PM

(12-28-2021 01:52 PM)dawgitall Wrote:  
(12-28-2021 09:13 AM)green Wrote:  
(12-27-2021 08:31 PM)dawgitall Wrote:  it is certainly hard to prove how effective the measures that have been taken up to this point have worked, we are all kind of learning as we go. But I think it is safe to say that they have reduced the number of infections.

you don’t know ...
they don’t know ...
what is known ...
issue at hand ...

AN EVENING AT THE IMPROV

So I guess you think this is all some sort of worldwide conspiracy? Good Grief.

since you asked nicely ...
I believe ...
covid 19 began as a chinese bio weapon ...
U.S. government funded ...
unleashed globally ...
advanced by mainstream media alarmists ...
to unseat former president trump ...
and make the rich richer ...

CALL ME CRAZY

RE: Bowl cancellations - Hokie Mark - 12-28-2021 04:45 PM

(12-28-2021 03:06 PM)green Wrote:  CALL ME CRAZY

That was established a long time ago, Green.
03-lmfao