CSNbbs
Tyler and Landers were positive. - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: "Big Dave" Memorial Smack Forum (/forum-500.html)
+------ Thread: Tyler and Landers were positive. (/thread-938466.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Tyler and Landers were positive. - AtlTigerfan - 12-19-2021 04:14 PM

He started off saying that he thanks everyone for coming up and trying to make it special.

Penny said they only had 4 players that could've played yesterday. Penny states that the rules dictate that unvaccinated players must also be put into COVID protocol and the Tigers were in a position to only have four players eligible for yesterday's game when it's all said and done.

He said he probably misspoke about the 90% vaccination rate.

Looking to add another game, but really wanted to reschedule the Utay game.

RE: Tyler and Landers were positive. - JCraft - 12-19-2021 04:31 PM

(12-19-2021 04:14 PM)AtlTigerfan Wrote:  Looking to add another game, but really wanted to reschedule the Utay game.

ESPN wanted that game and is willing to pay for it so I see it rescheduled unless the whole season goes down the drain due to the COVID bs.

RE: Tyler and Landers were positive. - CUSA_NEWS - 12-19-2021 04:53 PM

Get vaxxed and the season(s) can continue.

Don't and it never will. Simple as that

RE: Tyler and Landers were positive. - MtownTigers916 - 12-19-2021 04:53 PM

The vaccination thing is interesting. So we had between 4 and 6 players that were vaccinated (if vaccinated don’t need to quarantine after exposure)? That’s nowhere close to 90%

RE: Tyler and Landers were positive. - MtownTigers916 - 12-19-2021 04:57 PM

There was a player’s family member on social media earlier who made her views known that her son would not be forced to be vaccinated. Could be a long rest of the season.

RE: Tyler and Landers were positive. - shere khan - 12-19-2021 04:57 PM

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

Whew

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

"We can't force them to do anything"

Amen

Good for Penny not forcing and intimidating his guys.

RE: Tyler and Landers were positive. - shere khan - 12-19-2021 04:59 PM

(12-19-2021 04:53 PM)CUSA_NEWS Wrote:  Get vaxxed and the season(s) can continue.

Don't and it never will. Simple as that

We believe you03-lmfao

RE: Tyler and Landers were positive. - memphistiger89 - 12-19-2021 05:15 PM

(12-19-2021 04:57 PM)MtownTigers916 Wrote:  There was a player’s family member on social media earlier who made her views known that her son would not be forced to be vaccinated. Could be a long rest of the season.

Do you think Memphis is unique with this? I'm guessing there are a lot of teams where players choose not to get vaccinated.

RE: Tyler and Landers were positive. - CUSA_NEWS - 12-19-2021 05:20 PM

Coaches/teams should decline scheduling games with teams below the 90% vaxx rate.

Teams that are below 90% vaxx rate should have to forfeit cancelled games.

Simple as that. It's been two years and this virus isn't going anywhere so hold teams accountable. Nobody's forcing teams to sign non vaxxed players...

RE: Tyler and Landers were positive. - Unionman76 - 12-19-2021 05:22 PM

RE: Tyler and Landers were positive. - former guest - 12-19-2021 05:25 PM

Ok, I thought my reading comprehension skills were still usable. But where, in what has been posted in this thread, are the thread title details found?

Edit: Never mind. It got posted in the video preceding my post, while I was typing my question....

RE: Tyler and Landers were positive. - memphistiger89 - 12-19-2021 05:26 PM

(12-19-2021 05:20 PM)CUSA_NEWS Wrote:  Coaches/teams should decline scheduling games with teams below the 90% vaxx rate.

Simple as that. It's been two years and this virus isn't going anywhere so hold teams accountable. Nobody's forcing teams to sign non vaxxed players...

Sounds very...............

totalitarian

RE: Tyler and Landers were positive. - macgar32 - 12-19-2021 05:27 PM

The statement about the 90% vaccinated rate was a lie then or now.

No way you can think 90 and it ain't even 60

He had no reason to lie before about the rate.... If it wasn't great you don't answer the question.

RE: Tyler and Landers were positive. - CUSA_NEWS - 12-19-2021 05:31 PM

Faxx. Start a non vaxxed league 'cause we don't have time for it in the civilized world..

I may hate Ricky Barnes but I wouldn't waste my time scheduling with Memphis either this season

RE: Tyler and Landers were positive. - GoDownSwinging - 12-19-2021 05:32 PM

I don't know why college football coaches made a big deal about 90% of the players/staff being vaccinated. I do believe that's the magic number for Penny and his staff to get vaccinated for PR use. I could be wrong. I wonder why Penny thought 90% would be a good number, when he should've known its not close to 90% in reality.

RE: Tyler and Landers were positive. - CUSA_NEWS - 12-19-2021 05:40 PM

(12-19-2021 05:32 PM)GoDownSwinging Wrote:  I don't know why college football coaches made a big deal about 90% of the players/staff being vaccinated. I do believe that's the magic number for Penny and his staff to get vaccinated for PR use. I could be wrong. I wonder why Penny thought 90% would be a good number, when he should've known its not close to 90% in reality.

90% was the number for all teams for the goal of having a viable season.

Protocol states non vaxx players must sit as well when issues arise so being at 90% will ensure enough players are available to not have to cancel games... Memphis had only 4 players left.

Memphis got caught pulling an Aaron Rodgers. Me and the gang out of $$ due to the team lying about the 90%. Won't travel again for a game that's for sure. Smh

RE: Tyler and Landers were positive. - GoDownSwinging - 12-19-2021 05:40 PM

The 11 AM tip fueled the fire from Tennessee. I'm sure many fans from Memphis and Knoxville woke up early and made the trip in one day. If this game were to have a 5 PM tip, then there wouldn't be much frustration. The game would still be postponed around 10AM...

Saying that Memphis cancelling the game one hour before tip doesn't mean they're "scared." That's the only option. Penny had no choice.

Regardless, something has to be done regarding testing with vaccinated players across all sports.

RE: Tyler and Landers were positive. - UofMemphis - 12-19-2021 05:45 PM

hopefully a few guys go get the J&J one shot this week...then they're 'fully vaxed'

RE: Tyler and Landers were positive. - Unionman76 - 12-19-2021 05:47 PM

hopefully espn with add a new stat for number vaccinated or percent vaccinated

make it a requirement for ncaa tournament invite

RE: Tyler and Landers were positive. - CUSA_NEWS - 12-19-2021 05:50 PM

(12-19-2021 05:26 PM)memphistiger89 Wrote:  
(12-19-2021 05:20 PM)CUSA_NEWS Wrote:  Coaches/teams should decline scheduling games with teams below the 90% vaxx rate.

Sounds very...............

totalitarian

It does doesn't.

Wait til u find out about the shots kids must have in order to attend school. SHOCKING.

(frickin goobers come a dime a dozen)