CSNbbs
Next additions to CUSA: Your preferences by region and # of schools. - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+----- Forum: CUSA Realignment (/forum-1015.html)
+----- Thread: Next additions to CUSA: Your preferences by region and # of schools. (/thread-934936.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Next additions to CUSA: Your preferences by region and # of schools. - Milwaukee - 11-09-2021 03:52 PM

Next additions to CUSA: Your preferences by region and # of schools.

RE: Next additions to CUSA: Your preferences by region and # of schools. - 49RFootballNow - 11-09-2021 04:01 PM

Congratulations!!!!!!

This is the 100th thread we have moved to the CUSA Realignment Board!

COGS02-13-bananaCOGS02-13-bananaCOGS02-13-bananaCOGS02-13-bananaCOGS02-13-banana

RE: Next additions to CUSA: Your preferences by region and # of schools. - Milwaukee - 11-09-2021 04:13 PM

please participate in the poll.

The results may help the decision-makers.

RE: Next additions to CUSA: Your preferences by region and # of schools. - PredatorUTEP - 11-09-2021 04:37 PM

Id add Tarleton State to get to 10.

RE: Next additions to CUSA: Your preferences by region and # of schools. - Bhaddawgy - 11-09-2021 04:39 PM

Hey Admin, maybe throw a closed thread over on CUSA conf talk to direct voters over here to realignment. would love to see the outcome of poll.

RE: Next additions to CUSA: Your preferences by region and # of schools. - SammyH - 11-09-2021 06:03 PM

(11-09-2021 04:13 PM)Milwaukee Wrote:  please participate in the poll.

Yeah I’m sure decision makers read the input of “CUSAbbs” posters03-lmfao03-lmfao

RE: Next additions to CUSA: Your preferences by region and # of schools. - HiddenDragon - 11-09-2021 06:39 PM

Are you on f'n drugs dude?

RE: Next additions to CUSA: Your preferences by region and # of schools. - Milwaukee - 11-09-2021 08:28 PM

(11-09-2021 06:39 PM)HiddenDragon Wrote:  

Are you on f'n (*&^(*&^ dude?

I like doing research and using it to help or inform people.

You obviously don't like it.

Why should a UAB fan want anyone to help the CUSA at this point?

But you don't have the right to kick people around.

You've just outed yourself as an online bully, "HIDDEN DRAGON."

RE: Next additions to CUSA: Your preferences by region and # of schools. - BlueRaiderBoy - 11-10-2021 08:57 AM

CUSA 4.0 should not have more than 10 teams. That's enough for divisions and a championship game. However, if CBS, FOX, or the Mouse ponies up some real money (and guaranteed media exposure on a vehicle that people actually watch) maybe you grow to 12. So, continue to extend an offer to Missouri State, (or Illinois State, or SIU to move up to FBS) to get to TEN. If you have to go to 12 consider the two Dakota schools. As far as UCONN & UMASS (don't waste your breath on 'em unless they commit in ALL SPORTS) CUSA 3.0 always had too many mouths to feed!

RE: Next additions to CUSA: Your preferences by region and # of schools. - All4One - 11-10-2021 09:19 AM

(11-10-2021 08:57 AM)BlueRaiderBoy Wrote:  CUSA 4.0 should not have more than 10 teams. That's enough for divisions and a championship game. However, if CBS, FOX, or the Mouse ponies up some real money (and guaranteed media exposure on a vehicle that people actually watch) maybe you grow to 12. So, continue to extend an offer to Missouri State, (or Illinois State, or SIU to move up to FBS) to get to TEN. If you have to go to 12 consider the two Dakota schools. As far as UCONN & UMASS (don't waste your breath on 'em unless they commit in ALL SPORTS) CUSA 3.0 always had too many mouths to feed!

I would go 12. We need to bring in the Dakota State schools somehow. We need that brand recognition and instant success. I don't feel like our current 9 will be able to deliver that. We need teams that aren't going to roll over to the Suck Belt or the AAC.

RE: Next additions to CUSA: Your preferences by region and # of schools. - HiddenDragon - 11-10-2021 09:53 AM

(11-09-2021 08:28 PM)Milwaukee Wrote:  
(11-09-2021 06:39 PM)HiddenDragon Wrote:  

Are you on f'n (*&^(*&^ dude?

I like doing research and using it to help or inform people.

You obviously don't like it.

Why should a UAB fan want anyone to help the CUSA at this point?

But you don't have the right to kick people around.

You've just outed yourself as an online bully, "HIDDEN DRAGON."

Oh you're a special needs kinda poster......gotcha!

RE: Next additions to CUSA: Your preferences by region and # of schools. - rtist - 11-10-2021 05:01 PM

The goal with realignment should be: what is the point? To get to 10 schools and have two divisions of five? To get to 12 schools and have two divisions of six?
I think answering that question would be very helpful in determining a path forward for C-USA.
Having said this, if it is to get to 10 member institutions, I would look at Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma (unlikely), or Missouri. You could then divide the league into east/west better.
For the eastern half of the conference, the Carolinas and Georgia would be what I focus on more if you wanted to get to 12 members.

RE: Next additions to CUSA: Your preferences by region and # of schools. - Huan - 11-10-2021 05:18 PM

(11-10-2021 05:01 PM)rtist Wrote:  The goal with realignment should be: what is the point? To get to 10 schools and have two divisions of five? To get to 12 schools and have two divisions of six?
I think answering that question would be very helpful in determining a path forward for C-USA.
Having said this, if it is to get to 10 member institutions, I would look at Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma (unlikely), or Missouri. You could then divide the league into east/west better.
For the eastern half of the conference, the Carolinas and Georgia would be what I focus on more if you wanted to get to 12 members.

In my opinion 10 should be the minimum. Go bigger if you think more content is needed to meet tv contract obligations or to better set yourself up for renegotiate tv contract.

RE: Next additions to CUSA: Your preferences by region and # of schools. - basketball_guy - 11-10-2021 06:33 PM

I have heard umass and uconn are next on the list

RE: Next additions to CUSA: Your preferences by region and # of schools. - Bhaddawgy - 11-10-2021 08:23 PM

(11-10-2021 05:18 PM)Huan Wrote:  
(11-10-2021 05:01 PM)rtist Wrote:  The goal with realignment should be: what is the point? To get to 10 schools and have two divisions of five? To get to 12 schools and have two divisions of six?

In my opinion 10 should be the minimum. Go bigger if you think more content is needed to meet tv contract obligations or to better set yourself up for renegotiate tv contract.

I really don't think bigger gets us a better media contract, I think concentrated quality is the ticket, something that attracts eyes. I really do not think fourteen is going to yield us anymore per team than ten will.

RE: Next additions to CUSA: Your preferences by region and # of schools. - Bhaddawgy - 11-10-2021 08:26 PM

(11-10-2021 06:33 PM)basketball_guy Wrote:  I have heard umass and uconn are next on the list

I think that was a fallback plan if we did not get to eight, their football is atrocious, but some of you Basketball guy would know more about their other sports. Other sports would really have to bring in some media dollars because football does not.

RE: Next additions to CUSA: Your preferences by region and # of schools. - Huan - 11-10-2021 08:55 PM

(11-10-2021 08:23 PM)Bhaddawgy Wrote:  

I really don't think bigger gets us a better media contract, I think concentrated quality is the ticket, something that attracts eyes. I really do not think fourteen is going to yield us anymore per team than ten will.

The best untapped brand out there to attract eyes is likely NDSU.

RE: Next additions to CUSA: Your preferences by region and # of schools. - All4One - 11-10-2021 10:33 PM

(11-10-2021 08:55 PM)Huan Wrote:  
(11-10-2021 08:23 PM)Bhaddawgy Wrote:  

The best untapped brand out there to attract eyes is likely NDSU.

Agreed. It sucks geographically, but they are who I would tap into at least for football-only--them and South Dakota State. I would much rather those two than UConn and UMass.

RE: Next additions to CUSA: Your preferences by region and # of schools. - All4One - 11-10-2021 10:37 PM

(11-10-2021 06:33 PM)basketball_guy Wrote:  I have heard umass and uconn are next on the list

Ewwwwwww. If we add that s*** over NDSU and SDSU I will be an angry, raving lunatic.

No, not really, but I'd be pretty upset. We need winners--not heaping loads of garbage.

RE: Next additions to CUSA: Your preferences by region and # of schools. - rtist - 11-10-2021 11:33 PM

To get to ten members, I would add whoever C-USA seems best among the following schools: Stephen F. Austin, Tarleton State, Lamar, McNeese State or Central Arkansas. One of those fave would allow C-USA to divide into two divisions of east and west. You could then have a football title game with those members.

I would stop at 10 members, but if there were a compelling reason to go to 12 members, I'd explore that by considering eastern schools in Georgia, South Carolina, and North Carolina.