CSNbbs
Mountain West talking expansion - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: Mountain West talking expansion (/thread-932115.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Mountain West talking expansion - goherd17 - 10-15-2021 01:42 PM

https://www.coloradoan.com/story/sports/csu/2021/10/14/mountain-west-conference-discussing-possible-expansion-ncaa-realignment/8457594002/

RE: Mountain West talking expansion - pilot172000 - 10-15-2021 01:50 PM

Its coming. How the AAC chooses will determine how bad the MWC guts CUSA.

RE: Mountain West talking expansion - ODU-Z8 - 10-15-2021 01:51 PM

The plot continues to thicken ... Are those interested schools located in the AAC, or CUSA? Could change all of our discussions on a dime

RE: Mountain West talking expansion - b0ndsj0ns - 10-15-2021 01:57 PM

(10-15-2021 01:51 PM)ODU-Z8 Wrote:  The plot continues to thicken ... Are those interested schools located in the AAC, or CUSA? Could change all of our discussions on a dime

I'm certain they want SMU, but same as AFA/CSU didn't way to make that decision in this current unsettled climate there's no chance SMU does. They still think they have a shot at the B12, no way they pay that buyout till they know what if anything the B12 does and if they do add which side do they add from. I do think there's a really decent chance C-USA could end up having UTEP and no one else in the state of Texas.

RE: Mountain West talking expansion - pilot172000 - 10-15-2021 01:58 PM

(10-15-2021 01:51 PM)ODU-Z8 Wrote:  The plot continues to thicken ... Are those interested schools located in the AAC, or CUSA? Could change all of our discussions on a dime

Let's just say the AAC chooses nothing but Eastern Schools. Does SMU, Tulsa join Rice and UTSA/Tech back in the MWC. It would be a carbon copy of the WAC we all joined back in the day.

What if the AAC does pick two CUSA West schools to keep SMU/Tulsa happy. Does UTEP, UTSA/Tech, UNT and Rice join the MWC as a CST Pod?

Either way you cut it, the CUSA West could get sliced and diced three ways to Sunday.

RE: Mountain West talking expansion - ODU-Z8 - 10-15-2021 02:09 PM

At this point, sunbelt merger? Nah, let's just put CUSA West in the MWC, and CUSA East in the AAC. Call it a day 03-lmfao

RE: Mountain West talking expansion - Volkmar - 10-15-2021 02:13 PM

Why couldn't that link just have been a post added to one of the other dozens of recent threads on this topic? Sorry to keep bitching about this, but there are about 50 threads listed per page on this site, and you can go back 5 full pages and already find realignment talk, maybe even farther back than that. It's overkill and just beyond ridiculous at this point. Every new thing doesn't need its own thread.

RE: Mountain West talking expansion - olliebaba - 10-15-2021 02:13 PM

As good as UTEP's prestige as a Tier One University makes it look scholastically now I don't think our sports programs garner any interest. Cusa for one is not a proponent for UTEP. They would rather not have to travel all the way to El Paso and I don't blame them as UTEP also has to travel to the other schools. UTEP would fit in perfectly in the MW but they don't want us. It comes down to egos from those MW schools. It's just like the poorest person who makes a little more money than the other poor doofus thinking that they are better. Look at the schools already in the MW, none of them could/should have their nose in the air concerning UTEP as they're in the same boat. I know that us Miner fans feel for Enemas U. the same as the MW members feel about us, we think we're above them.

The only thing that will come out of all these expansions is that UTEP can use that money from the exiting teams. Ifus I'm wrong and the MW has changed their minds about admitting us (I doubt it) then they should wait until the exiting Cusa teams pay up and then we can afford the exit fee and entrance fee ourselves to the MW.

RE: Mountain West talking expansion - olliebaba - 10-15-2021 02:14 PM

(10-15-2021 02:09 PM)ODU-Z8 Wrote:  At this point, sunbelt merger? Nah, let's just put CUSA West in the MWC, and CUSA East in the AAC. Call it a day 03-lmfao

I'd like that.

RE: Mountain West talking expansion - GreenBison - 10-15-2021 02:15 PM

I bet they are targeting the CUSA West schools that the AAC wants. Forcing the AAC to go to plan D (or are we at plan E now?).

Plan A = Raid the B12
Plan B = Steal Boise and SDSU
Plan C = Steal CSU and Air Force
Plan D = Steal UAB and some others
Plan E = Steal the others that we didn't want in Plan D

RE: Mountain West talking expansion - herdfan129 - 10-15-2021 02:15 PM

Dear baby Jesus, please let the MWC take all of the Texas teams....not just for us, but for them too.

RE: Mountain West talking expansion - GreenBison - 10-15-2021 02:16 PM

(10-15-2021 02:13 PM)Volkmar Wrote:  Why couldn't that link just have been a post added to one of the other dozens of recent threads on this topic? Sorry to keep bitching about this, but there are about 50 threads listed per page on this site, and you can go back 5 full pages and already find realignment talk, maybe even farther back than that. It's overkill and just beyond ridiculous at this point.

You don't have to click on them.

RE: Mountain West talking expansion - MinerInWisconsin - 10-15-2021 02:18 PM

UNT is possibly off of the AAC radar due to having SMU aleady there. SMU might even privately object to having such a close neighbor in the AAC with them. So I imagine that UNT will be 1 for the MWC and number 2 will likely be either Rice or UTSA since some AD's in the MWC have stated they want ctz schools in great recruiting areas. Can't find better recruiting than DFW and Houston.

If the AAC wants another Texas school it would likely br Rice or UTSA or possibly both.

Which conference will stake their claim(s) in Texas 1st? It's a race and probably a hard choice by the Texas schools. Do you want to be on espn or fs1 and cbssn? Do you want to compete with Boise St or SMU?

RE: Mountain West talking expansion - herdfan129 - 10-15-2021 02:19 PM

I would imagine SMU and Tulsa could just "pay" their exit fee by forfeiting the exit fees they are set to collect from Cincy, UCF, and Houston?

RE: Mountain West talking expansion - Volkmar - 10-15-2021 02:21 PM

(10-15-2021 02:16 PM)GreenBison Wrote:  
(10-15-2021 02:13 PM)Volkmar Wrote:  Why couldn't that link just have been a post added to one of the other dozens of recent threads on this topic? Sorry to keep bitching about this, but there are about 50 threads listed per page on this site, and you can go back 5 full pages and already find realignment talk, maybe even farther back than that. It's overkill and just beyond ridiculous at this point.

I'm aware of that. And I'm not saying that the article isn't worth reading or discussing, but does every single new realignment thought, article, ranking, whatever it is, need its own new thread? Why can't it just be added to one of the many we already have on the same damn topic?

RE: Mountain West talking expansion - MinerInWisconsin - 10-15-2021 02:22 PM

(10-15-2021 02:13 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  As good as UTEP's prestige as a Tier One University makes it look scholastically now I don't think our sports programs garner any interest. Cusa for one is not a proponent for UTEP. They would rather not have to travel all the way to El Paso and I don't blame them as UTEP also has to travel to the other schools. UTEP would fit in perfectly in the MW but they don't want us. It comes down to egos from those MW schools. It's just like the poorest person who makes a little more money than the other poor doofus thinking that they are better. Look at the schools already in the MW, none of them could/should have their nose in the air concerning UTEP as they're in the same boat. I know that us Miner fans feel for Enemas U. the same as the MW members feel about us, we think we're above them.

The only thing that will come out of all these expansions is that UTEP can use that money from the exiting teams. Ifus I'm wrong and the MW has changed their minds about admitting us (I doubt it) then they should wait until the exiting Cusa teams pay up and then we can afford the exit fee and entrance fee ourselves to the MW.

AD's in the mwc have made it clear they want big populated areas in Texas. That starts with dfw and Houston. Then comes San Antonio.

RE: Mountain West talking expansion - herdfan129 - 10-15-2021 02:25 PM

(10-15-2021 02:21 PM)Volkmar Wrote:  

I'm aware of that. And I'm not saying that the article isn't worth reading or discussing, but does every single new realignment thought, article, ranking, whatever it is, need its own new thread? Why can't it just be added to one of the many we already have on the same damn topic?

I'm glad there was a new thread as I was able to find this much easier than sifting through hundreds of replies on another thread....watch the other threads die as this one picks up. That's kind of how this works. 04-cheers

RE: Mountain West talking expansion - GreenBison - 10-15-2021 02:28 PM

(10-15-2021 02:22 PM)MinerInWisconsin Wrote:  
(10-15-2021 02:13 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  As good as UTEP's prestige as a Tier One University makes it look scholastically now I don't think our sports programs garner any interest. Cusa for one is not a proponent for UTEP. They would rather not have to travel all the way to El Paso and I don't blame them as UTEP also has to travel to the other schools. UTEP would fit in perfectly in the MW but they don't want us. It comes down to egos from those MW schools. It's just like the poorest person who makes a little more money than the other poor doofus thinking that they are better. Look at the schools already in the MW, none of them could/should have their nose in the air concerning UTEP as they're in the same boat. I know that us Miner fans feel for Enemas U. the same as the MW members feel about us, we think we're above them.

AD's in the mwc have made it clear they want big populated areas in Texas. That starts with dfw and Houston. Then comes San Antonio.

Yeah but Marty Robbins wrote one of my favorite country songs ever and it's not about Houston or DFW.

RE: Mountain West talking expansion - Volkmar - 10-15-2021 02:28 PM

(10-15-2021 02:25 PM)herdfan129 Wrote:  

I'm glad there was a new thread as I was able to find this much easier than sifting through hundreds of replies on another thread....watch the other threads die as this one picks up. That's kind of how this works. 04-cheers

That's a fair point.

RE: Mountain West talking expansion - GreenBison - 10-15-2021 02:29 PM

(10-15-2021 02:25 PM)herdfan129 Wrote:  

I feel the same way. Lots of info can get lost in the shuffle.