CSNbbs
Coastal Killed our QB!!!! - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Coastal Killed our QB!!!! (/thread-931836.html)

Coastal Killed our QB!!!! - chiefsfan - 10-11-2021 06:54 PM

James Blackman out indefinitely with an injury. Which probably is the most inevitable post ever made on this forum. Blackman was sacked 19 times in 6 games...so yeah, this was bound to happen.

Layne Hatcher will start against ULL next week. Beyond him it gets a little iffy. We have a 3rd string QB that most believe will eventually become the starter here in Wyatt Beagel, but he is redshirting this year, and with us 1-5 and going nowhere fast, there's no reason to burn his redshirt. No idea how much he'll play, though I anticipate it will be some just because the new redshirt rules allow us to use him.

RE: Coastal Killed our QB!!!! - RamblinRedWolf - 10-11-2021 07:18 PM

Let’s go Hatch!

RE: Coastal Killed our QB!!!! - ericsaid - 10-11-2021 07:32 PM

He will be avenged.

Hatcher seems to be the better QB anyway. Haven't watched many Arkansas State games this season but the 1.5 that I I watch Hatcher just seemed to make the guys around him better guys were dropping ball after ball from Blackman and when Hatcher came in those balls turned into long completions that may have kept Arkansas State in the game against Coastal.

God speed...until the App game of course. Kind of hope you don't get it figured out because that 2016 (I think) game in Boone with Freddy Knighton still gives me nightmares.

RE: Coastal Killed our QB!!!! - BirdofParadise - 10-11-2021 07:34 PM

(10-11-2021 06:54 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  James Blackman out indefinitely with an injury. Which probably is the most inevitable post ever made on this forum. Blackman was sacked 19 times in 6 games...so yeah, this was bound to happen.

Layne Hatcher will start against ULL next week. Beyond him it gets a little iffy. We have a 3rd string QB that most believe will eventually become the starter here in Wyatt Beagel, but he is redshirting this year, and with us 1-5 and going nowhere fast, there's no reason to burn his redshirt. No idea how much he'll play, though I anticipate it will be some just because the new redshirt rules allow us to use him.

He can play the whole game without blowing his redshirt. He can play in four games.

RE: Coastal Killed our QB!!!! - rokamortis - 10-11-2021 07:40 PM

I hate that Blackman is injured but glad that he is still alive.

RE: Coastal Killed our QB!!!! - chiefsfan - 10-11-2021 08:43 PM

(10-11-2021 07:34 PM)BirdofParadise Wrote:  
(10-11-2021 06:54 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  James Blackman out indefinitely with an injury. Which probably is the most inevitable post ever made on this forum. Blackman was sacked 19 times in 6 games...so yeah, this was bound to happen.

He can play the whole game without blowing his redshirt. He can play in four games.

Yeah, I misphrased that. The real point is that Beagel is a very different style of QB, and probably wouldn't be able to run the current offensive system as is...He's more dual threat.

RE: Coastal Killed our QB!!!! - JuicyMullet - 10-11-2021 09:18 PM

I was amazed he wasn't snapped in two while he was at FSU. That kid is a twig.

Hate it for him. Hate injuries no matter who they happen to or what team they're on. Just a super sucky part of sports.

Y'all's backup seemed better anyways TBH. Kid threw some beautiful passes, only half of them were dropped.

RE: Coastal Killed our QB!!!! - GoBigRed26 - 10-11-2021 11:51 PM

For those that don’t know, our posters are habitually inept at spelling our QBs’ names correctly. Chief is no different (Begeal). We’ve seen Alpin (Aplin), Cory (Corey), Freddy (Fredi), Hanson (Hansen), Lane (Layne), and Blackmon (Blackman). Many have already fallen victim to Begeal. Our 247 message board editor wrote a post today discussing all 6 of our QB’s on roster, and misspelled half of them. There must be some curse that plagues us.

RE: Coastal Killed our QB!!!! - statefanatic - 10-12-2021 02:31 AM

(10-11-2021 11:51 PM)GoBigRed26 Wrote:  For those that don’t know, our posters are habitually inept at spelling our QBs’ names correctly. Chief is no different (Begeal). We’ve seen Alpin (Aplin), Cory (Corey), Freddy (Fredi), Hanson (Hansen), Lane (Layne), and Blackmon (Blackman). Many have already fallen victim to Begeal. Our 247 message board editor wrote a post today discussing all 6 of our QB’s on roster, and misspelled half of them. There must be some curse that plagues us.

It would be cool to see when the QB name misspelling started. Maybe then we can figure out what the curse is.

RE: Coastal Killed our QB!!!! - CoastalAlum2011 - 10-12-2021 05:00 AM

I originally opened this expecting to see some more electric chainsaw beheading shenanigans.

RE: Coastal Killed our QB!!!! - Bobcat87 - 10-12-2021 09:06 AM

(10-11-2021 11:51 PM)GoBigRed26 Wrote:  For those that don’t know, our posters are habitually inept at spelling our QBs’ names correctly. Chief is no different (Begeal). We’ve seen Alpin (Aplin), Cory (Corey), Freddy (Fredi), Hanson (Hansen), Lane (Layne), and Blackmon (Blackman). Many have already fallen victim to Begeal. Our 247 message board editor wrote a post today discussing all 6 of our QB’s on roster, and misspelled half of them. There must be some curse that plagues us.

Spellin Iz hrd

RE: Coastal Killed our QB!!!! - chiefsfan - 10-12-2021 09:42 AM

It doesn’t help my phone keeps auto correcting it to beagle. Lol

RE: Coastal Killed our QB!!!! - arkstfan - 10-12-2021 06:00 PM

(10-11-2021 07:32 PM)ericsaid Wrote:  He will be avenged.

Hatcher seems to be the better QB anyway. Haven't watched many Arkansas State games this season but the 1.5 that I I watch Hatcher just seemed to make the guys around him better guys were dropping ball after ball from Blackman and when Hatcher came in those balls turned into long completions that may have kept Arkansas State in the game against Coastal.

God speed...until the App game of course. Kind of hope you don't get it figured out because that 2016 (I think) game in Boone with Freddy Knighton still gives me nightmares.

Hatcher is under 50% completion rate in Sun Belt games so far. Outside of his 12/12 performance vs UCA his numbers haven’t been anything special.

Hatcher will string a series of good plays together then string together bad plays. Blackman tends to spread his around.

AState has bigger problems on the offensive line, defensive interior and LB than at QB