CSNbbs
American's Letter to the Autonomous 5. - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: American's Letter to the Autonomous 5. (/thread-923575.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

American's Letter to the Autonomous 5. - BCSvsBS - 06-12-2021 07:00 AM

[Image: https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-43...6x1372.png]
[Image: https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-43...0x1356.png]
[Image: https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-43...0x1366.png]
[Image: https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-43...8x1334.png]
[Image: https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-43...4x1324.png]
[Image: https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-43...8x1356.png]

There are exhibits to prove the America's worth for inclusion. Here's the linc.
Letter to the Autonomous 5

I'm not sure if this has been linked or addressed elsewhere. If so Mods, please move or join it. Thanks.

RE: American's Letter to the Autonomous 5. - Cubanbull1 - 06-12-2021 07:55 AM

Good. We need to keep fighting to be seen as part of those other 5 conferences.

RE: American's Letter to the Autonomous 5. - Bear Catlett - 06-12-2021 09:04 AM

Letter was sent to the wrong people.

Should have read, "Dear ESPN".

RE: American's Letter to the Autonomous 5. - UHCougar08 - 06-12-2021 10:23 AM

This was a welcome article to read. If we can get included then the perception changes and the sky is the limit.

RE: American's Letter to the Autonomous 5. - BullsFanInTX - 06-12-2021 10:47 AM

Powerful letter. The American keeps chipping away. Eventually the whole thing will bust loose.

RE: American's Letter to the Autonomous 5. - Memphis Yankee - 06-12-2021 11:04 AM

(06-12-2021 09:04 AM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  Letter was sent to the wrong people.

Should have read, "Dear ESPN".

+2

RE: American's Letter to the Autonomous 5. - CitrusUCF - 06-12-2021 11:24 AM

Excellent letter, though they should have included McKenzie Milton's Walter Griffin Trophy, which I consider to be the legitimate best player award since the Heisman is so media-driven.

Also, just from a formality standpoint, the salutation should have been Dear Sirs:.

RE: American's Letter to the Autonomous 5. - JDCougar - 06-12-2021 11:42 AM

Aresco keeps pushing.

RE: American's Letter to the Autonomous 5. - CoastalJuan - 06-12-2021 02:40 PM

Don't mean to be that guys, but any reason/incentive for the A5 to go for it? I know that the statement alone is important, but just asking.

RE: American's Letter to the Autonomous 5. - Meatwad - 06-12-2021 02:43 PM

(06-12-2021 11:24 AM)CitrusUCF Wrote:  Excellent letter, though they should have included McKenzie Milton's Walter Griffin Trophy, which I consider to be the legitimate best player award since the Heisman is so media-driven.

Also, just from a formality standpoint, the salutation should have been Dear Sirs:.
Milton won the Archie Griffin Award from the Touchdown Club of Columbus. He didn't win the Walter Camp Award though. That one is decided by coaches and ADs.

RE: American's Letter to the Autonomous 5. - Sideshow2313 - 06-12-2021 02:44 PM

AAC's balls just dropped.

Finally

RE: American's Letter to the Autonomous 5. - CitrusUCF - 06-12-2021 03:10 PM

(06-12-2021 02:43 PM)Meatwad Wrote:  
(06-12-2021 11:24 AM)CitrusUCF Wrote:  Excellent letter, though they should have included McKenzie Milton's Walter Griffin Trophy, which I consider to be the legitimate best player award since the Heisman is so media-driven.

Milton won the Archie Griffin Award from the Touchdown Club of Columbus. He didn't win the Walter Camp Award though. That one is decided by coaches and ADs.

Ha, what I get for posting with a killer headache. Yeah, I meant the Archie Griffin. When you look at who has won that versus who won the Heisman, the Griffin list is much better and less hype driven.

RE: American's Letter to the Autonomous 5. - Attackcoog - 06-12-2021 07:33 PM

lol....the CUSA board doesnt appear to be too happy about this letter. To be fair---some there wish their commissioner would do something like this---others on that board are simply triggered announcing the delusional belief that a rebuilt CUSA full of newbie programs and FCS move ups is "just the same" as the AAC. Goodness gracious. When I hear them say that, I have to wonder---do they not realize that even the Sunbelt has roared past them? Zero self awareness.

American's Letter to the Autonomous 5. - Pony94 - 06-12-2021 07:35 PM

(06-12-2021 07:33 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  lol....the CUSA doesnt appear to be too happy about this letter. To be fair---some there wish their commissioner would do something like this---others on that board are simply triggered announcing the delusional belief that a rebuilt CUSA full of newbie programs and FCS move ups is "just the same" as the AAC.

They are

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: American's Letter to the Autonomous 5. - BCSvsBS - 06-12-2021 07:46 PM

(06-12-2021 07:35 PM)Pony94 Wrote:  
(06-12-2021 07:33 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  lol....the CUSA doesnt appear to be too happy about this letter. To be fair---some there wish their commissioner would do something like this---others on that board are simply triggered announcing the delusional belief that a rebuilt CUSA full of newbie programs and FCS move ups is "just the same" as the AAC.

They are

Yeah, I just went off on the realignment board. The constant condescention and hypocrisy pissed me off. Everyone knows that half the Power conferences are just built in cupcakes and they'd be middle of the pack AAC teams at best.

American's Letter to the Autonomous 5. - Pony94 - 06-12-2021 07:47 PM

(06-12-2021 07:46 PM)BCSvsBS Wrote:  

They are

Yeah, I just went off on the realignment board. The constant condescention and hypocrisy pissed me off. Everyone knows that half the Power conferences are just built in cupcakes and they'd be middle of the pack AAC teams at best.

It’s working, they can’t stop talking about the AAC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: American's Letter to the Autonomous 5. - Attackcoog - 06-12-2021 07:51 PM

They are

lol---I think of that image every time a certain Louisiana area poster composes a new spittle laced AAC hate tirade. 04-cheers

RE: American's Letter to the Autonomous 5. - gulfcoastgal - 06-12-2021 07:51 PM

(06-12-2021 07:33 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  lol....the CUSA doesn't appear to be too happy about this letter. To be fair---some there wish their commissioner would do something like this---others on that board are simply triggered announcing the delusional belief that a rebuilt CUSA full of newbie programs and FCS move ups is "just the same" as the AAC. Goodness gracious. When I hear them say that, I have to wonder---do they not realize that even the Sunbelt has roared past them? Zero self awareness.
Haven't read letter related responses, but those vehemently opposed to anything AAC are typically newer additions who don't want to think their school's sacrifice (read payments) to move conferences was in vain...even though that has nothing do to with AAC achievement. Most holdovers from USM/UAB...even Rice, UTEP and Marshall note achievements and separation.

RE: American's Letter to the Autonomous 5. - gulfcoastgal - 06-12-2021 08:00 PM

(06-12-2021 07:46 PM)BCSvsBS Wrote:  

They are

My favs are those who continue to take shots even when proven wrong...the MWC will get the contract bowl most years, the tv contract will be less when renegotiated, ESPN+ fees will be $2M+, the list goes on and on. Nothing will change their minds so don't even bother or give wrong/biased posts credit is what I've come around to.

RE: American's Letter to the Autonomous 5. - everyone - 06-12-2021 08:02 PM

(06-12-2021 07:33 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  lol....the CUSA board doesnt appear to be too happy about this letter. To be fair---some there wish their commissioner would do something like this---others on that board are simply triggered announcing the delusional belief that a rebuilt CUSA full of newbie programs and FCS move ups is "just the same" as the AAC. Goodness gracious. When I hear them say that, I have to wonder---do they not realize that even the Sunbelt has roared past them? Zero self awareness.

Aresco is doing a great job. I have said as much on the CUSA board. I'm not triggered. We (USM) were the CUSA flagship early on and we fell off. No excuses. CUSA will not succeed and make noise until the old school non-SB teams Marshall/UAB/USM step up and steal an access game from the AAC. Totally agree that bringing in the SB and FCS move-ups was a big mistake. Speaking of triggered, God help the G5 if USM ever gets its **** together but for now, you can all breath easy.