CSNbbs
2021 Lacrosse - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CAAbbs (/forum-676.html)
+---- Forum: CAA Conference Talk (/forum-677.html)
+----- Forum: Drexel (/forum-681.html)
+----- Thread: 2021 Lacrosse (/thread-921622.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

2021 Lacrosse - dan10 - 05-04-2021 02:36 PM

We have discussed in other threads, but both the men and women deserve their own thread as we begin the conference tournament.

The men, the 2nd seed while ranked #13, face off with UMass on Thursday at Hofstra at 7pm, while top seeded #15 Delaware face the home team who is just outside of the rankings. Potential championship game is Saturday at 1pm

The women, the top seed while ranked #8 await the winner of Elon/Towson the begins tomorrow. Our game is on Friday at 4pm. JMU is the 2nd seed and they are just outside the top 20 in the rankings. Games are at JMU. Should we win, the championship is noon on Sunday

RE: 2021 Lacrosse - J.B. - 05-04-2021 03:29 PM

All games are on LSN, which I believe is now free. It used to have a pay wall like Flo. If it's free, I'll check them out.

RE: 2021 Lacrosse - hiroshimacarp - 05-04-2021 03:36 PM

do you have to pay to watch games on lsn? it didn't seem like it when i went to the site. i'll try to watch thursday night at least. we'll probably go to see the softball team at towson on saturday afternoon.

i'll be tempted to drive to jmu for the women's lacrosee game on sunday if we get there. it's an easy drive from central pa.

RE: 2021 Lacrosse - dan10 - 05-05-2021 08:12 AM

LSN is free. Its where the Hofstra game was streamed a week or so ago

RE: 2021 Lacrosse - dan10 - 05-05-2021 01:36 PM

Voelker won coach of the year for the men
M- Ryan Genord and D- Sean Quinn both made 1st team all CAA as well

RE: 2021 Lacrosse - dan10 - 05-06-2021 01:20 PM

Towson beat Elon yesterday for the women's size 16-6, so we will face Towson tomorrow at 4

Men's side starts today at 4 with Delaware followed by our game later one at 7

RE: 2021 Lacrosse - dan10 - 05-06-2021 08:08 PM

Hofstra upset Delaware in game 1 10-9, after being shut out in the first quarter.

We were shut out 4-0 in the first quarter and trailed 6-2 at half. Tides turned at half and we won 13-8 while shutting UMass out in the 3rd quarter.

So we face the home team in the finals. It will be a tough game, but with Delaware losing, I think we have to win to make the tournament. We would have been on the bubble had we lost to a well-ranked Delaware team, but losing to a just unraked Hofstra team would put us on the wrong side of the bubble, if not the unlikely side. Huge game Saturday

RE: 2021 Lacrosse - hiroshimacarp - 05-06-2021 08:52 PM

we're headed up there. softball games got moved to 2 and 4 on saturday down at towson. we have ironpigs tickets so that won't work. coca cola park is on the way home from long island.

RE: 2021 Lacrosse - J.B. - 05-07-2021 11:30 AM

Congrats to the Men's Lacrosse team. I wasn't able to watch last night nor will I be available tomorrow, but I'll be rooting from afar. GO DRAGONS!!!

RE: 2021 Lacrosse - hiroshimacarp - 05-07-2021 11:56 AM

turns out we're not going. i bought tickets last night without reading the part about new york state law requiring a negative covid test within 72 hours or proof of vaccination. i'm good...but only my wife has 1 dose so far. i wouldn't have known about it had i not gone onto the hofstra message board so appreciate their discussion about it.

they're giving me a refund which is nice of them. i don't blame them...rules are rules...and it's my fault for not reading everything as i went through it.

RE: 2021 Lacrosse - J.B. - 05-07-2021 12:35 PM

I don't know how NYS is enforcing the vaccination rules but I'm glad they're trying. PA residents didn't have full access to vaccines until a few weeks ago. I'm still 2 weeks away from my second shot, because I followed the rules and wasn't allowed to and able to get one until last Sunday.

What are the New York rules for the under 16 crowd? I assume they're exempt from this rule?

RE: 2021 Lacrosse - hiroshimacarp - 05-07-2021 12:46 PM

it doesn't seem like it differentiates between kids and everyone else. just says all fans need the vaccine or a negative test.

i agree i'm glad in a way they're doing it. a bit disappointed we can't go...but shows how spoiled we've been in pa. the sprint car crowd calling gov. wolf a nazi and the people paying for the "don't blame me...i voted for wagner" billboards won't admit how good we've had it. it's not the only thing they need to admit they're wrong about...but we'll leave it at that.

RE: 2021 Lacrosse - J.B. - 05-07-2021 01:30 PM

(05-07-2021 12:46 PM)hiroshimacarp Wrote:  it doesn't seem like it differentiates between kids and everyone else. just says all fans need the vaccine or a negative test.

i agree i'm glad in a way they're doing it. a bit disappointed we can't go...but shows how spoiled we've been in pa. the sprint car crowd calling gov. wolf a nazi and the people paying for the "don't blame me...i voted for wagner" billboards won't admit how good we've had it. it's not the only thing they need to admit they're wrong about...but we'll leave it at that.

Ahhh, life in Pennsyltucky. that's why we can't have nice things.

RE: 2021 Lacrosse - J.B. - 05-07-2021 08:55 PM

So the women did win 15-14 in OT in a game that I totally missed, thinking it started at 4:00. I embarrassingly posted prematurely that they won 9-8, not realizing that it was the halftime score. I clearly have trouble keeping up with other sports during baseball season.

Anyway, congrats to the Lady Dragons and best of luck in the championship game, which I have no idea when it is.

RE: 2021 Lacrosse - Timer - 05-08-2021 05:01 PM

(05-07-2021 08:55 PM)J.B. Wrote:  So the women did win 15-14 in OT in a game that I totally missed, thinking it started at 4:00. I embarrassingly posted prematurely that they won 9-8, not realizing that it was the halftime score. I clearly have trouble keeping up with other sports during baseball season.

Anyway, congrats to the Lady Dragons and best of luck in the championship game, which I have no idea when it is.

Tomorrow Noon vs. JMU.

RE: 2021 Lacrosse - hiroshimacarp - 05-09-2021 03:12 PM

Women lost in OT. Great game. Trailed by 3...took a 3 goal lead with 5 minutes left...then gave it back.

Really tough ask to beat the dominant team in the conference on their home field in our first title game appearance. Almost pulled it off.

Men’s team used an incredible start to hold off Hofstra for the title yesterday. Sweep would’ve been nice but I’m just happy to have Drexel athletics to care about in May.

Softball swept Towson to clinch north division title too.

RE: 2021 Lacrosse - Dragon For Life - 05-09-2021 06:26 PM

Hopefully whoever the new AD is they want to build upon this year success in all sports! I am worried about a Hartford Scenario! I am so happy our Dragons keep winning. Don't forget our soccer team lost in the finals as well!

RE: 2021 Lacrosse - J.B. - 05-09-2021 08:18 PM

Drexel (Men) will be playing VS. Notre Dame (6) (AT University of Denver) on Saturday May 15th at 5:00 on ESPNU.

RE: 2021 Lacrosse - J.B. - 05-09-2021 08:32 PM

Tough loss for the Drexel women today, but at 13-2, they get rewarded with their first ever NCAA Tournament bid, playing Rutgers at 4:00 on Friday. Location TBA.

RE: 2021 Lacrosse - hiroshimacarp - 05-10-2021 06:51 AM

hopefully dan can fill us in on notre dame and how the bracket looks for us. i guess patriot league lacrosse is more highly thought of than the caa since lehigh got a seed and we didn't.

correct me if i'm wrong...but it looked like the caa got at least 4 bids into the tournament so there wasn't much suspense about an at large as i thought. again...shows how much i know. it bodes well for our chances to make a nice run.