CSNbbs
GS adds Clemson, Kentucky, Ole Miss to future schedules - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: GS adds Clemson, Kentucky, Ole Miss to future schedules (/thread-921578.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

GS adds Clemson, Kentucky, Ole Miss to future schedules - TrueBlueDrew - 05-03-2021 01:20 PM

2026:
[Image: E0ejhfeXsAgjNeY?format=jpg&name=large]

1.5M price tag per agreement

Sept 1, 2029:@ Kentucky (not announced yet but public records show a 1.35M agreement between the schools)

2030:
[Image: E0endIGX0AEHEKn?format=jpg&name=large]

1.8M price tag per agreement

RE: GS adds Clemson, Kentucky, Ole Miss to future schedules - Bobcat2013 - 05-03-2021 01:23 PM

Dang, still no P5 home games?

RE: GS adds Clemson, Kentucky, Ole Miss to future schedules - slycat - 05-03-2021 01:26 PM

Those are some close and fun road trips for GS fans. Y'all have a good chance to win 1-2 of those.

RE: GS adds Clemson, Kentucky, Ole Miss to future schedules - EigenEagle - 05-03-2021 02:18 PM

(05-03-2021 01:23 PM)Bobcat2013 Wrote:  Dang, still no P5 home games?

I've been telling our fans for years that there's only 1 explanation for why we can't get P5 home and homes that fits, but many wanted to think once we got rid of Tom Kleinlein and got a new AD things would change.

They're ignoring scheduling issues going back well before Kleinlein started. For a period of 20 years in IAA we were only able to get games with the likes of Miami, Florida, Florida State, UGA, and Auburn. Then after we lost to Texas State in the playoffs in 2005 and replaced Mike Sewak with a coach that ran a Power I and coach that ran spread passing offense magically we were able to get games with Colorado State, UNC, Navy, and Nick Saban*. Couldn't be more obvious to anyone paying attention.

*LSU was supposedly contacted by Georgia Southern when Nick Saban coached there about getting a game and Will Muschamp showed him just a few plays of the offense and Saban basically said "oh, hell no".

RE: GS adds Clemson, Kentucky, Ole Miss to future schedules - APPdiesel - 05-03-2021 02:34 PM

Shocked an App fan wasn't first to get this jab in. 04-bow

RE: GS adds Clemson, Kentucky, Ole Miss to future schedules - Bobcat2013 - 05-03-2021 03:43 PM

(05-03-2021 02:34 PM)APPdiesel Wrote:  

Shocked an App fan wasn't first to get this jab in. 04-bow

I honestly clicked on the thread thinking/hoping that UK or Ole Miss would include home game for em lol. Alas that was not the case.

RE: GS adds Clemson, Kentucky, Ole Miss to future schedules - KJ Eagle - 05-03-2021 03:49 PM

Looks like three fun trips. As long as the Ole Miss game isn't an 11:00 am kick like last time so we couldn't really enjoy the grove as much as we should have.

I can't wait to go.

RE: GS adds Clemson, Kentucky, Ole Miss to future schedules - Usajags - 05-03-2021 03:50 PM

(05-03-2021 03:49 PM)KJ Eagle Wrote:  Looks like three fun trips. As long as the Ole Miss game isn't an 11:00 am kick like last time so we couldn't really enjoy the grove as much as we should have.

I can't wait to go.

And y’all should have beat them when you were there.....

Now go get some home games!!!!

RE: GS adds Clemson, Kentucky, Ole Miss to future schedules - KJ Eagle - 05-03-2021 03:52 PM

(05-03-2021 03:50 PM)Usajags Wrote:  
(05-03-2021 03:49 PM)KJ Eagle Wrote:  Looks like three fun trips. As long as the Ole Miss game isn't an 11:00 am kick like last time so we couldn't really enjoy the grove as much as we should have.

I can't wait to go.

And y’all should have beat them when you were there.....

Now go get some home games!!!!

Should have, but when Tyson Summers is your coach things like wins are hard to come by....04-cheers

RE: GS adds Clemson, Kentucky, Ole Miss to future schedules - TrueBlueDrew - 05-03-2021 05:32 PM

[Image: E0el6ieWYAkwLRV?format=jpg&name=large]

Kentucky game now official. 1.35M for a game in Lexington.

RE: GS adds Clemson, Kentucky, Ole Miss to future schedules - ericsaid - 05-04-2021 08:49 AM

Seriously though, why can't you guys get a home P5 game? By the time you have another opening, you will have been FBS for almost 10 full years (which is very hard to believe at this point).

RE: GS adds Clemson, Kentucky, Ole Miss to future schedules - JCGSU - 05-04-2021 10:30 AM

(05-04-2021 08:49 AM)ericsaid Wrote:  Seriously though, why can't you guys get a home P5 game? By the time you have another opening, you will have been FBS for almost 10 full years (which is very hard to believe at this point).

Honestly, who cares? I always thought this was some weird thing nobody cares about other than fanatics to rib another team about. As if getting some mid-tier p5 will make anything about the program better. If you get a team with a legit shot at winning the playoffs and you get the W, ok but nobody cares about a mediocre Miami team coming to your stadium and beat the crApp out of you 45-10 lol. I am sure we could have gotten a two for one many times but why lose money for some weird ego boost. Outside of selling a few more tickets name one thing where a game is played with a p-5 has had tangible benefits over the long term 07-coffee3 I would rather play a close P-5 that I can travel to and get a huge check over selling a few more thousand tickets for one home game or some weird chest beating that nobody cares about outside of a handful of fanatics.

Honestly if we get GT or Vandy to do a H&H what changes about our program or any other G5 that has not hosted a P5? Did USA hosting Miss St do anything for them?

RE: GS adds Clemson, Kentucky, Ole Miss to future schedules - Bobcat2013 - 05-04-2021 10:37 AM

(05-04-2021 10:30 AM)JCGSU Wrote:  
(05-04-2021 08:49 AM)ericsaid Wrote:  Seriously though, why can't you guys get a home P5 game? By the time you have another opening, you will have been FBS for almost 10 full years (which is very hard to believe at this point).

Honestly, who cares? I always thought this was some weird thing nobody cares about other than fanatics to rib another team about. As if getting some mid-tier p5 will make anything about the program better. If you get a team with a legit shot at winning the playoffs and you get the W, ok but nobody cares about a mediocre Miami team coming to your stadium and beat the crApp out of you 45-10 lol. I am sure we could have gotten a two for one many times but why lose money for some weird ego boost. Outside of selling a few more tickets name one thing where a game is played with a p-5 has had tangible benefits over the long term 07-coffee3 I would rather play a close P-5 that I can travel to and get a huge check over selling a few more thousand tickets for one home game or some weird chest beating that nobody cares about outside of a handful of fanatics.

Honestly if we get GT or Vandy to do a H&H what changes about our program or any other G5 that has not hosted a P5? Did USA hosting Miss St do anything for them?

I do think there is some long term intangible benefit. Here in Texas we are obviously overshadowed by the P5s, but when we hosted Tech in 2012 people who had no idea our program existed noticed and in their eyes it brought some legitimacy to the program. I definitely got that sentiment from a lot of people I know that follow the Big 12.

RE: GS adds Clemson, Kentucky, Ole Miss to future schedules - GSUALUM17 - 05-04-2021 11:21 AM

I'm not opposed to hosting P5 schools in football and basketball.

along with a shot in the arm in the attendance and casual fan/student interest, there are nice coverages by mainstream media nationwide. also brings some legitimacy among peers and great PR for your school around your city. If you beat a P5 at home, even better.

I'm glad GSU is hosting GT, Vandy, UNC in upcoming few years, than to oppose hosting them.

It's not like missing $1mil payout will break our athletic department. PR is more important to get your brand out there imo.

RE: GS adds Clemson, Kentucky, Ole Miss to future schedules - KJ Eagle - 05-04-2021 12:18 PM

(05-04-2021 10:30 AM)JCGSU Wrote:  

HOLY @#$%^&*.......do you and I ACTUALLY agree on something??? 04-jawdrop We need to go home and kiss our families. I think the world is coming to an end. 04-cheers LMAO

RE: GS adds Clemson, Kentucky, Ole Miss to future schedules - KJ Eagle - 05-04-2021 12:23 PM

(05-04-2021 11:21 AM)GSUALUM17 Wrote:  I'm not oppose to hosting P5 schools in football and basketball.

along with a shot in the arm in the attendance and casual fan/student interest, there are nice coverages by mainstream media nationwide. also brings some legitimacy among peers and great PR for your school around your city. If you beat a P5 at home, even better.

I'm glad GSU is hosting GT, Vandy, UNC in upcoming few years, than oppose to not hosting them.

It's not like missing $1mil payout will to break our athletic department. PR is more important to get your brand out there imo.

They will all three outnumber you in attendance by about 3:1 and the PR you get from it will last for about 5 minutes after the game is over. If you beat them, the news will be that you beat them, not where you played them.

I wouldn't complain about a H&H with any of them, but I'm not out on a ledge threatening to jump like some of our fans are about having never played a P5 in Paulson. I honestly don't think anyone other than fanatics on a message board even know or care.

RE: GS adds Clemson, Kentucky, Ole Miss to future schedules - GSUALUM17 - 05-04-2021 01:49 PM

(05-04-2021 12:23 PM)KJ Eagle Wrote:  
(05-04-2021 11:21 AM)GSUALUM17 Wrote:  I'm not oppose to hosting P5 schools in football and basketball.

I'm glad GSU is hosting GT, Vandy, UNC in upcoming few years, than oppose to not hosting them.

It's not like missing $1mil payout will to break our athletic department. PR is more important to get your brand out there imo.

They will all three outnumber you in attendance by about 3:1 and the PR you get from it will last for about 5 minutes after the game is over. If you beat them, the news will be that you beat them, not where you played them.

I wouldn't complain about a H&H with any of them, but I'm not out on a ledge threatening to jump like some of our fans are about having never played a P5 in Paulson. I honestly don't think anyone other than fanatics on a message board even know or care.

eh. i think you're being too pessimistic about the whole thing. any PR is good PR.

RE: GS adds Clemson, Kentucky, Ole Miss to future schedules - KJ Eagle - 05-04-2021 03:00 PM

(05-04-2021 01:49 PM)GSUALUM17 Wrote:  
(05-04-2021 12:23 PM)KJ Eagle Wrote:  

eh. i think you're being too pessimistic about the whole thing. any PR is good PR.

yeah, but the PR bump is for playing them, not WHERE you play them. The only thing I worry about is the theory of an AD looking at it and not wanting to be "the first one" to play in Paulson and that as soon as we get ONE, then others will come around easier. I don't know that P5 AD's are that petty, but who knows. Anyways, as I said it's not that big of a deal to me and the only time I ever spend two seconds thinking about it is when it comes up on here or on our board.

RE: GS adds Clemson, Kentucky, Ole Miss to future schedules - Usajags - 05-04-2021 03:42 PM

I would think it helps in recruiting as well. Having recruits on campus and at games where there is the buzz of a P5 SEC/ACC school coming into your house. Full stands, lots of tailgating, more TV/media coverage, that gets an 18 year olds attention.

RE: GS adds Clemson, Kentucky, Ole Miss to future schedules - TrueBlueAlum - 05-04-2021 03:58 PM

IMO playing a P5 at home is probably one of your best opportunities to sell additional season tickets to people who are on the fence or to sell single-game tickets to fans who don't normally come to games.

Also an additional tool in your recruiting belt like others have mentioned.