CSNbbs
Volleyball - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Proving Grounds (/forum-768.html)
+--- Forum: NonFBbbs (/forum-819.html)
+---- Forum: Chicago State (/forum-987.html)
+---- Thread: Volleyball (/thread-919932.html)

Volleyball - joshadam84 - 04-01-2021 06:49 PM

Chicago State came in with a ton of confidence and it showed as they swept the Vaqueros in the first round of the WACvb tournament. Let’s keep it going tomorrow in the semifinals against the Aggies!

I’ve only said it about 1000 times but I’m a fan of Coach Trifonov, and believe he will have this team as a perennial contender in whatever conference the Cougars end up in.

Great W ladies. Now there’s more work to be done!

RE: Volleyball - Todor - 04-01-2021 07:40 PM

(04-01-2021 06:49 PM)joshadam84 Wrote:  Chicago State came in with a ton of confidence and it showed as they swept the Vaqueros in the first round of the WACvb tournament. Let’s keep it going tomorrow in the semifinals against the Aggies!

I’ve only said it about 1000 times but I’m a fan of Coach Trifonov, and believe he will have this team as a perennial contender in whatever conference the Cougars end up in.

Great W ladies. Now there’s more work to be done!

Bulgaria has long been a big volleyball country. Chicago has hundreds of thousands of Bulgarians. He's probably right at home there. Has coached, and had great success at an HBCU before. He has a good chance of a successful tenure.

RE: Volleyball - PojoaquePosse - 04-02-2021 08:13 AM

Nice win!

RE: Volleyball - joshadam84 - 04-02-2021 08:01 PM

Thanks Pojoaque! Too bad the Cougars couldn’t have a repeat from yesterday! But your Aggies just showed why they’re the best team in the WAC.

I’m hoping he feels at home as it’d be great to have him here for the long haul.Coach Trifonov pretty much played a rotation of 8 throughout the year. I know he’s big on recruiting international players— definitely expect to see a larger roster and increased talent pool come next season.

RE: Volleyball - PojoaquePosse - 04-03-2021 07:56 AM

Nice showing. He looks legit. I, too, hope he sticks around for a while.

RE: Volleyball - MICHAELSPAPPY - 05-02-2021 07:47 AM

I think volleyball is one of the sports where CSU might possibly be able to make a little noise. Good coach, and a little size on the roster.