CSNbbs
Roy Boy out at UNC - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: ACCbbs (/forum-381.html)
+---- Forum: ACC Conference Talk (/forum-351.html)
+---- Thread: Roy Boy out at UNC (/thread-919903.html)

Roy Boy out at UNC - Statefan - 04-01-2021 03:01 PM

I guess it's time to go up the road to Hendersonville.

I could always respect his honest venom in regards to State. He was nurtured on the hate of textiles by the runoff of the mill in Swannanoa. I'm sure he could smell the dye house at Owen.

RE: Roy Boy out at UNC - cuseroc - 04-01-2021 05:38 PM

You cant help but to respect and admire a man who knows when its time to walk away rather than holding on doing damage to his alma mater.

RE: Roy Boy out at UNC - Hallcity - 04-01-2021 06:44 PM

Roy knew.

RE: Roy Boy out at UNC - esayem - 04-01-2021 11:39 PM

He knew he wasn't reacting the way he used to and I admire him for recognizing that and doing what he did. Most coaches in a lofty position wouldn't do that, but he was in fact quite similar to Dean Smith in that regard. It's terribly sad the way he went out like he did, but he has three national titles! That's three more than most coaches ever sniff!

RE: Roy Boy out at UNC - Hokie Mark - 04-02-2021 07:37 AM

I have it on good authority from some Boston College supporters that the Eagles are willing to let Jim Christian out of his contract if he goes to UNC.
07-coffee3

RE: Roy Boy out at UNC - esayem - 04-02-2021 08:55 AM

(04-02-2021 07:37 AM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  I have it on good authority from some Boston College supporters that the Eagles are willing to let Jim Christian out of his contract if he goes to UNC.
07-coffee3

Isn’t he unemployed?

RE: Roy Boy out at UNC - XLance - 04-02-2021 09:16 AM

Roy Boy, that phrase just drips with the jealousy of someone that knows that Moo U. will never have anyone akin to Roy in Rawlee ever again.

RE: Roy Boy out at UNC - Hokie Mark - 04-02-2021 11:14 AM

(04-02-2021 08:55 AM)esayem Wrote:  
(04-02-2021 07:37 AM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  I have it on good authority from some Boston College supporters that the Eagles are willing to let Jim Christian out of his contract if he goes to UNC.
07-coffee3

Isn’t he unemployed?

That's right, he is... so much the better for UNC: he can interview immediately!
07-coffee3

RE: Roy Boy out at UNC - ChrisLords - 04-05-2021 03:17 PM

Is this the underwhelming hire that we were warned about? Promoting a loyal assistant instead of getting the best existing head coach available? I would think UNC could get just about anyone other than Mark Few, Jay Wright or Coach K.

Sources: Hubert Davis expected to be hired as North Carolina basketball coach, replacing Roy Williams

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/31199144/sources-hubert-davis-expected-hired-north-carolina-basketball-coach-replacing-roy-williams

RE: Roy Boy out at UNC - esayem - 04-05-2021 04:08 PM

Dean Smith wasn't a head coach until he took over Carolina. Roy Williams' first college head coaching gig was Kansas. Let's see what the guy can do!

RE: Roy Boy out at UNC - Statefan - 04-05-2021 04:54 PM

As long as Hubert does not fire all of Roy's old women working in the office he should be okay.

That's what Doh did - he got hired and thought he was in charge of something. His mercurial temperament was about 170 degrees opposite of Smiths. Not quite totally opposite, but close. While run ins with players got more attention the old women in the office were off limits.