CSNbbs
Cool Toledo Football Player Story - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Toledo (/forum-479.html)
+----- Thread: Cool Toledo Football Player Story (/thread-919394.html)

Cool Toledo Football Player Story - RocketBBallFan - 03-24-2021 04:44 PM

While us fans can be upset about UT sports teams underperforming in the postseason, there is no doubt we have some special people playing for and representing the University of Toledo. Here is a very cool story about UT football player Lavel Dumont and the friendship he made with a young football fan.

https://twitter.com/Kristi_Kopanis/status/1374828618203996167

RE: Cool Toledo Football Player Story - eastisbest - 03-24-2021 05:23 PM

Watching them crash around on the field, SO easy to forget they're kids. I thought that was nice of Winter to let Lavel play.

aside: a kid like a nephew to me had that heart surgery as a baby at Toledo Hospital. Now a married adult, working the skilled trades. I remember seeing him in the neo-natal. Toledo Hospital will always have a place in my heart. So amazing what these doctors and nurses can do.

RE: Cool Toledo Football Player Story - WHRocket - 03-25-2021 08:01 AM

(03-24-2021 04:44 PM)RocketBBallFan Wrote:  While us fans can be upset about UT sports teams underperforming in the postseason, there is no doubt we have some special people playing for and representing the University of Toledo. Here is a very cool story about UT football player Lavel Dumont and the friendship he made with a young football fan.

https://twitter.com/Kristi_Kopanis/status/1374828618203996167

Awesome, Lavel is a top notch person. Gives me more reason to root for him this year.

RE: Cool Toledo Football Player Story - BDV27 - 03-25-2021 08:09 AM

Great story. This is the kind of news story that needs to be shared. That is true character.

RE: Cool Toledo Football Player Story - H2Oville Rocket - 03-25-2021 08:20 AM

(03-24-2021 05:23 PM)eastisbest Wrote:  Watching them crash around on the field, SO easy to forget they're kids. I thought that was nice of Winter to let Lavel play.

aside: a kid like a nephew to me had that heart surgery as a baby at Toledo Hospital. Now a married adult, working the skilled trades. I remember seeing him in the neo-natal. Toledo Hospital will always have a place in my heart. So amazing what these doctors and nurses can do.

My oldest spent 24 days there after birth. Wonderful place except they nicknamed her “The Princess” and she still thinks she is.

Well done, Lavel!

RE: Cool Toledo Football Player Story - eastisbest - 03-26-2021 04:17 PM

(03-25-2021 08:20 AM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  
(03-24-2021 05:23 PM)eastisbest Wrote:  Watching them crash around on the field, SO easy to forget they're kids. I thought that was nice of Winter to let Lavel play.

My oldest spent 24 days there after birth. Wonderful place except they nicknamed her “The Princess” and she still thinks she is.

Well done, Lavel!

and I bet she still is.

RE: Cool Toledo Football Player Story - NewMex RocketFan - 03-26-2021 05:28 PM

It is a fabulous story sharing Lavel's character. I would add that the impressive GPA's of ALL UT athletes should make us all proud! Putting the student in student/athlete.