CSNbbs
2021 Baseball so far - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SoConbbs (/forum-266.html)
+---- Forum: SoCon Team Talk (/forum-944.html)
+----- Forum: ETSU (/forum-335.html)
+------ Forum: Baseball and Olympic Sports (/forum-338.html)
+------ Thread: 2021 Baseball so far (/thread-918665.html)

2021 Baseball so far - frankenheimer - 03-14-2021 11:04 AM

Just a few observations.
1. I'm concerned on the offense/hitting side of the equation. I'm seeing more 4 or 5 hit games than I'd care to see. To be fair, I think they seem to be walking a little more than I would expect. Non-conference season is tough to gauge as I really don't know the strength of the competition.
2. Pitching thusfar seems to be better than average. I don't see a superace like we had in Landon Knack last year, but the staff seems to be throwing strikes and not walking a lot. My primary concern with the pitching staff has to do with the offense; if the offense isn't good enough to get a 4 or 5 run lead into the later innings on occasion, the starter may stay a couple outs longer than he should and the top relief pitchers will have to pitch more frequently and won't get a day off.
3. Ethan Cady's power has been a nice surprise. I look forward to his plate appearances. I am concerned that if the batting doesn't strengthen behind him, however, he won't be seeing pitches to hit.
4. I like Jake Lyle's defense. He's made several impressive assists in the games I've attended.
5. JL seems to be improving behind the plate and I think will be a good second catcher.

RE: 2021 Baseball so far - bucfan81 - 03-14-2021 06:57 PM

(03-14-2021 11:04 AM)frankenheimer Wrote:  Just a few observations.
1. I'm concerned on the offense/hitting side of the equation. I'm seeing more 4 or 5 hit games than I'd care to see. To be fair, I think they seem to be walking a little more than I would expect. Non-conference season is tough to gauge as I really don't know the strength of the competition.
2. Pitching thusfar seems to be better than average. I don't see a superace like we had in Landon Knack last year, but the staff seems to be throwing strikes and not walking a lot. My primary concern with the pitching staff has to do with the offense; if the offense isn't good enough to get a 4 or 5 run lead into the later innings on occasion, the starter may stay a couple outs longer than he should and the top relief pitchers will have to pitch more frequently and won't get a day off.
3. Ethan Cady's power has been a nice surprise. I look forward to his plate appearances. I am concerned that if the batting doesn't strengthen behind him, however, he won't be seeing pitches to hit.
4. I like Jake Lyle's defense. He's made several impressive assists in the games I've attended.
5. JL seems to be improving behind the plate and I think will be a good second catcher.

Nice observations. Thanks for posting these.