CSNbbs
Could there be upcoming NCAA rules & regulations changes - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: ASunbbs (/forum-341.html)
+---- Forum: Atlantic Sun Conference Talk (/forum-322.html)
+---- Thread: Could there be upcoming NCAA rules & regulations changes (/thread-915942.html)

Could there be upcoming NCAA rules & regulations changes - North Ala Supporter - 02-01-2021 06:12 PM

Just about everything I read or hear talks about the current NCAA rules.

People seem to forget that NCAA rules do change. Yes, they seldom change but they do.

From 2007 to 2011 the NCAA had a Moratorium on teams changing divisions.
It was only during this stoppage period that the NCAA put in the rules that a team would have to get an invite from an Conference. Just because the rules say that a team moving to the FBS has to get an invite from a current FBS Or only a Previous FBS Conference would ever be an FBS Conference. Rules and regulations do change.

Before this Moratorium in 2007 took place, Central Arkansas took advantage and moved from D2 to D1. North Alabama didn’t they had to wait for at least 4 years.

Earlier in 2020 the ASUN Commissioner said that he believed that there will be another Moratorium upcoming.

Over the next two to five years three of the power five conferences TV Contracts will expired. Also the CFP contract will be re-bided. Also the COVID-19 issue could cause several schools considering realignment or dropping some sports. I could even see Conferences merging or even new conferences.

I believe that the ASUN is trying to get ahead of this upcoming Moratorium.

RE: Could there be upcoming NCAA rules & regulations changes - cleburneslim - 02-02-2021 10:07 AM

As liberty proved, it is possible to enter as independents. It requires the threat of a lawsuit. The NCAA rules regulating the haves and have nots are on very shaky ground and liberty exposed that.