CSNbbs
Unofficial 2022 Football Recruiting Thread - DEMOTE - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Eastern Michigan (/forum-478.html)
+----- Thread: Unofficial 2022 Football Recruiting Thread - DEMOTE (/thread-905805.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RE: Unofficial 2022 Football Recruiting Thread - emu79 - 01-03-2022 05:34 AM

(01-02-2022 11:17 PM)holybovine Wrote:  
(01-02-2022 07:57 PM)Luckeyone Wrote:  I am a CC fan but he should get 10 years to win a MACC and if he doesn’t, then it’s time to move into a new direction.

I mean, I would be happy with a championship game appearance. But we are so far away from NIU and CMU it’s unreal. Plus, Toledo and WMU are always more talented than we are…

And yet since we have CC has coach we have managed to win against all four of these teams, two last year as compared to being blown out.

RE: Unofficial 2022 Football Recruiting Thread - emu79 - 01-03-2022 05:40 AM

Getting back to us, I was happy with our recruiting so far and thought the additional LBs would improve our defense. That was a step forward. Julien won us a few games with his punting. Who is going to replace him? I think we may a another DL away from finalizing the defense. Now on the QB front we now have question marks where with Bryant returning we did not. Too early to tell whether we have taken a step back but the unknown is well.... I will say that if I was a transfer QB looking for a home EMU would be on my list just from watching what happened with Bryant last year. Lots of good questions about moving up the MAC food chain so how are we going to accomplish that?

RE: Unofficial 2022 Football Recruiting Thread - emu steve - 01-03-2022 06:13 AM

(01-03-2022 05:40 AM)emu79 Wrote:  Getting back to us, I was happy with our recruiting so far and thought the additional LBs would improve our defense. That was a step forward. Julien won us a few games with his punting. Who is going to replace him? I think we may a another DL away from finalizing the defense. Now on the QB front we now have question marks where with Bryant returning we did not. Too early to tell whether we have taken a step back but the unknown is well.... I will say that if I was a transfer QB looking for a home EMU would be on my list just from watching what happened with Bryant last year. Lots of good questions about moving up the MAC food chain so how are we going to accomplish that?

Yes. February signing period will be more important than we thought a month ago.

Filling the hole at QB isn't like signing depth on the OL. Big, big difference.

RE: Unofficial 2022 Football Recruiting Thread - steve4840 - 01-03-2022 07:08 AM

(01-03-2022 05:40 AM)emu79 Wrote:  Getting back to us, I was happy with our recruiting so far and thought the additional LBs would improve our defense. That was a step forward. Julien won us a few games with his punting. Who is going to replace him? I think we may a another DL away from finalizing the defense. Now on the QB front we now have question marks where with Bryant returning we did not. Too early to tell whether we have taken a step back but the unknown is well.... I will say that if I was a transfer QB looking for a home EMU would be on my list just from watching what happened with Bryant last year. Lots of good questions about moving up the MAC food chain so how are we going to accomplish that?

Good points 79. I was equally as happy to pick up.yhe two linebackers (both Power 5 portal guys). Our lack of good LB play was glaring last yr. and while I don't think these guys are all Americans, they are instant upgrades.

In regards to a QB, I guess CC will go after a portal guy but don't count out May to win this spot. I think there is tremendous value for the program if he were to win the battle and be our guy for the next 3 years. He seems mobile to extend plays and has a cannon. Also seems like a guy the locker room would rally around.

RE: Unofficial 2022 Football Recruiting Thread - emu steve - 01-03-2022 07:42 AM

(01-03-2022 07:08 AM)steve4840 Wrote:  

Good points 79. I was equally as happy to pick up.yhe two linebackers (both Power 5 portal guys). Our lack of good LB play was glaring last yr. and while I don't think these guys are all Americans, they are instant upgrades.

In regards to a QB, I guess CC will go after a portal guy but don't count out May to win this spot. I think there is tremendous value for the program if he were to win the battle and be our guy for the next 3 years. He seems mobile to extend plays and has a cannon. Also seems like a guy the locker room would rally around.

I agree that May has potential. How things play out say with him backing up a grad transfer is TBD.

But I agree that he needs to be groomed as a potential starting QB. From what I remember, he does seem very mobile and has a very good arm. Think I've posted before if he were a few inches taller he wouldn't be in the MAC.

I'll try to find some of his highlights.

EDIT: https://highlightwww.hudl.com/video/3/7618504/5bda4055ff01f712c0459cfc

When I look at QB highlights I pass less attention to the quality of the competition and more to treating the game as a passing drill.

How nimble? Can he throw it 50 years, accurately. Does he throw on the run? Accurate? Foot speed? RPO? From highlights I can't really tell if a QB can switch off from a 1st or 2nd receiver to a 2nd or 3rd.

Everything I saw looked really good. Can throw the ball on the run 30 or 40 yards. Seems to have all the throws. Has more foot speed than our 2021 QBs.

BTW, to me, COMPLETELY different than linemen. Linemen have to be judged vis-a-vis whom they are facing. Some h.s. linemen are good. Some bad.

To have a DE who does say 4.9 40 go up against an unathletic 290 who maybe runs closer to 6 is going to be a total mismatch.

RE: Unofficial 2022 Football Recruiting Thread - dansplaining - 01-03-2022 08:20 AM

a grad transfer this year and then may or smith next year would make sense

RE: Unofficial 2022 Football Recruiting Thread - cidbearit - 01-03-2022 09:31 AM

(01-02-2022 07:14 PM)EMUGLORYDAYSthe90s Wrote:  
(01-02-2022 02:29 PM)dansplaining Wrote:  
(01-02-2022 12:28 PM)steve4840 Wrote:  
(01-02-2022 12:16 PM)EMUGLORYDAYSthe90s Wrote:  May was incredible at New Philadelphia High school, he's a true dual threat QB! Regardless, how does CC not have a pulse on HIS program in year NINE that this was a possibility! I understand why Hutchinson wanted to leave, he saw the handwriting on the wall, but Bryant obviously was only hoping to play at the MAC level for ONE season! Next season we've a much more challenging schedule!

Hoping we give May and Smith a shot at it and we do t bring in a portal QB. We will end up in the same situation we are in now. I'm big on Baron and think he can win the battle and we would be set at that position for years to come. I know he doesn't have a ton of experience but most of what CC calls offensively is short routes and doesn't seem too complicated. He will also be in his 3rd yr at EMU which should make him ready.

i think its a pretty big stretch to say that CC doesnt have a pulse of his program - we have no idea what he knows or when he knew it
Do you think Nick Saban, Lincoln Riley, Jim Harbaugh, or Ryan Day would know if their two top QB were considering transferring out..........ANSWER IS YES! On the MAC level, I think they might have some idea! Obviously, I don't have any idea, but have you ever heard on the D1 level, a coach having his two top QB transferring out! If Murphy lost his two top players, alot of people on this board would see it very differently! CC, is very similar to Murphy win loss wise! Actually, he's probably worse, but he gets a hall pass, and an extension for winning 7 games! We'll be lucky to win 7 games with next years schedule! I sure hope I'm wrong..........We've to stop making excuses for CC almost a decade in.........

Day had a player quit the team in the middle of the Akron game, and another announce he had quit on Twitter during the Rose Bowl, each with rather unflattering Tweets about their disappointment with the team. If these players were that upset with the program, don't you think Day should have known and addressed it before the proverbial pimples popped?

The fact is the current portal arrangement has emboldened players and allows them to make decisions on the spur of the moment. Head football coaches have over 100 players to deal with. It seems unreasonable to expect they will know what is going on in the heads of each of them all the time.

RE: Unofficial 2022 Football Recruiting Thread - emu steve - 01-03-2022 10:45 AM

(01-03-2022 09:31 AM)cidbearit Wrote:  
(01-02-2022 07:14 PM)EMUGLORYDAYSthe90s Wrote:  
(01-02-2022 02:29 PM)dansplaining Wrote:  
(01-02-2022 12:28 PM)steve4840 Wrote:  
(01-02-2022 12:16 PM)EMUGLORYDAYSthe90s Wrote:  May was incredible at New Philadelphia High school, he's a true dual threat QB! Regardless, how does CC not have a pulse on HIS program in year NINE that this was a possibility! I understand why Hutchinson wanted to leave, he saw the handwriting on the wall, but Bryant obviously was only hoping to play at the MAC level for ONE season! Next season we've a much more challenging schedule!

Hoping we give May and Smith a shot at it and we do t bring in a portal QB. We will end up in the same situation we are in now. I'm big on Baron and think he can win the battle and we would be set at that position for years to come. I know he doesn't have a ton of experience but most of what CC calls offensively is short routes and doesn't seem too complicated. He will also be in his 3rd yr at EMU which should make him ready.

i think its a pretty big stretch to say that CC doesnt have a pulse of his program - we have no idea what he knows or when he knew it
Do you think Nick Saban, Lincoln Riley, Jim Harbaugh, or Ryan Day would know if their two top QB were considering transferring out..........ANSWER IS YES! On the MAC level, I think they might have some idea! Obviously, I don't have any idea, but have you ever heard on the D1 level, a coach having his two top QB transferring out! If Murphy lost his two top players, alot of people on this board would see it very differently! CC, is very similar to Murphy win loss wise! Actually, he's probably worse, but he gets a hall pass, and an extension for winning 7 games! We'll be lucky to win 7 games with next years schedule! I sure hope I'm wrong..........We've to stop making excuses for CC almost a decade in.........

Day had a player quit the team in the middle of the Akron game, and another announce he had quit on Twitter during the Rose Bowl, each with rather unflattering Tweets about their disappointment with the team. If these players were that upset with the program, don't you think Day should have known and addressed it before the proverbial pimples popped?

The fact is the current portal arrangement has emboldened players and allows them to make decisions on the spur of the moment. Head football coaches have over 100 players to deal with. It seems unreasonable to expect they will know what is going on in the heads of each of them all the time.

Sir, you are a wise man...

If you tell someone aged 20, 30, 39... they can do pretty much whatever they want, whenever they want, they will. (there is a joke in there. I never trust anyone under 40. 03-lmfao of course when I was 20, 30, 39... I wouldn't trust someone like me... 40+ 03-lmfao).

As most of us indicated there ARE legit reasons to transfer, but also for every legit reason there are probably a lot more illegit reasons (to transfer.)

Yesterday, Antonio Brown transferred from NFL player to fmr. NFL player.

And our poster above has given very good examples from a renown program.

One of the things I like LEAST about fan forums is kind of the 'looking in the mirror' and getting all mentally discombobulated.

E.g., we have some transfer outs from the FB program. I count 4 scholarship players. MSU, the widely heralded program coached by the 9.5M dollar man, has a dozen. Is there an over reaction?

RE: Unofficial 2022 Football Recruiting Thread - EMUGLORYDAYSthe90's - 01-03-2022 11:28 AM

(01-02-2022 11:41 PM)holybovine Wrote:  
(01-02-2022 11:24 PM)steve4840 Wrote:  
(01-02-2022 07:57 PM)Luckeyone Wrote:  I am a CC fan but he should get 10 years to win a MACC and if he doesn’t, then it’s time to move into a new direction.

I mean, I would be happy with a championship game appearance. But we are so far away from NIU and CMU it’s unreal. Plus, Toledo and WMU are always more talented than we are…

It's very interesting seeing how McElwain is doing it in Mt. Pleasant. I think this is his 2nd or 3rd yr. Looking at his team, they look GREAT in certain areas. He has a stud RB who next yr will be his redshirt Soph, a D-line which looks fast and big (nothing like ours) and McElwain benched the portal transfer for a younger QB and it worked out. Very interesting.......

He’s a great coach; always has been, always will be. He turned Colorado State around, and his overall Florida record was pretty good. Hammock looks like he has similar potential.

Our coaching staff just isn’t at that level, and I don’t know if it ever will be considering what we pay. What I’m saying is this: When we have to find a new coach, are we going to “open the bank” for someone like McElwain? Doubtful. In college football coaching, you usually get what you pay for.
That's the best comment I've ever seen on this board! I didn’t want to go there, but since you did, if Mcelwain or Hammock would've been the E Michigan coach both starting in 2018, when they both took over C Mich and N Illinois, would E Michigan won more then 7 games this season.........The answer is in my opinion YES! I simply want CC to take us to that level!!!!!!! We beat C Mich before Mcelwain, but we're 0-3 against him! Moorehead is taken over the worst MAC program next season, let's see what he does.............

RE: Unofficial 2022 Football Recruiting Thread - emu79 - 01-03-2022 01:30 PM

Keep your eyes on Grant Wells. a QB from Marshall.

RE: Unofficial 2022 Football Recruiting Thread - Luckeyone - 01-03-2022 01:31 PM

(01-03-2022 11:28 AM)EMUGLORYDAYSthe90s Wrote:  

It's very interesting seeing how McElwain is doing it in Mt. Pleasant. I think this is his 2nd or 3rd yr. Looking at his team, they look GREAT in certain areas. He has a stud RB who next yr will be his redshirt Soph, a D-line which looks fast and big (nothing like ours) and McElwain benched the portal transfer for a younger QB and it worked out. Very interesting.......

He’s a great coach; always has been, always will be. He turned Colorado State around, and his overall Florida record was pretty good. Hammock looks like he has similar potential.

Our coaching staff just isn’t at that level, and I don’t know if it ever will be considering what we pay. What I’m saying is this: When we have to find a new coach, are we going to “open the bank” for someone like McElwain? Doubtful. In college football coaching, you usually get what you pay for.
That's the best comment I've ever seen on this board! I didn’t want to go there, but since you did, if Mcelwain or Hammock would've been the E Michigan coach both starting in 2018, when they both took over C Mich and N Illinois, would E Michigan won more then 7 games this season.........The answer is in my opinion YES! I simply want CC to take us to that level!!!!!!! We beat C Mich before Mcelwain, but we're 0-3 against him! Moorehead is taken over the worst MAC program next season, let's see what he does.............

That’s the easiest question to answer in reference to McElwains record if he were at EMU: We would be MAC champs. All MAC teams get the 2-3 star recruits. There are exceptions where a player becomes a difference make: Pimpleton (3 star), Nichols (3 star), Roback (4 star)and Crosby (2 star).
The coach must implement the scheme to win. Once you win, then the players start flocking in. I bet CMU will add some great talent thru the transfer portal this off season! Why? Because players know that McElwain wins games and everyone wants to play for a championship.

Do you think any recruits believe Creighton can win a championship at this level? If they did, their confidence is being lowered by each 0.500 season. The 0.500 season works for a couple of seasons as you build your program. Creighton is effectively telling New transfers and prospective recruits “Come play for me at EMU” and we’ll finish 0.500 and lose our bowl game next season.

I love Creighton but he may have missed his window.

RE: Unofficial 2022 Football Recruiting Thread - dansplaining - 01-03-2022 02:17 PM

(01-03-2022 01:31 PM)Luckeyone Wrote:  
(01-02-2022 11:17 PM)holybovine Wrote:  I mean, I would be happy with a championship game appearance. But we are so far away from NIU and CMU it’s unreal. Plus, Toledo and WMU are always more talented than we are…

That’s the easiest question to answer in reference to McElwains record if he were at EMU: We would be MAC champs. All MAC teams get the 2-3 star recruits. There are exceptions where a player becomes a difference make: Pimpleton (3 star), Nichols (3 star), Roback (4 star)and Crosby (2 star).
The coach must implement the scheme to win. Once you win, then the players start flocking in. I bet CMU will add some great talent thru the transfer portal this off season! Why? Because players know that McElwain wins games and everyone wants to play for a championship.

Do you think any recruits believe Creighton can win a championship at this level? If they did, their confidence is being lowered by each 0.500 season. The 0.500 season works for a couple of seasons as you build your program. Creighton is effectively telling New transfers and prospective recruits “Come play for me at EMU” and we’ll finish 0.500 and lose our bowl game next season.

Frank Solich never won the MAC

RE: Unofficial 2022 Football Recruiting Thread - Ken Barna - 01-03-2022 02:19 PM

Dear Friends,
Me thinks too many here are too willing to give all the credit to McElwain and Hammock because of one good season. Let's see what they do next year. Do you remember Fleck at Western when he had an unbeaten team and went to the Cotton Bowl? Everyone was ga-ga over Western who was going to dominate the MAC for years to come. I think the next year Western was 8-5. Not a bad record, but not the world beater people were predicting.
So, let's just wait until next year, and see what happens.

RE: Unofficial 2022 Football Recruiting Thread - steve4840 - 01-03-2022 02:48 PM

(01-02-2022 11:17 PM)holybovine Wrote:  I mean, I would be happy with a championship game appearance. But we are so far away from NIU and CMU it’s unreal. Plus, Toledo and WMU are always more talented than we are…

I believe in CC and think he can get us there. I absolutely agree that hes done a great job of getting us to be competitive which was tough to do. The focus has to now be on attacking the Portal and getting the best recruits he can to get us over the hill and in the top tier. I am fascinated with McElwain because Bonamego left CMU in shambles and McElwain has turned them completely around. How is he doing that there and we are struggling to get to the top with them?

IMAGINE HOW FUN THIS WOULD ALL BE IF WE WERE AN 8 OR 9 WIN PROGRAM. CC can do this with personnel changes and the right portal/recruits.

RE: Unofficial 2022 Football Recruiting Thread - Luckeyone - 01-03-2022 03:32 PM

(01-03-2022 02:48 PM)steve4840 Wrote:  
(01-02-2022 11:24 PM)steve4840 Wrote:  It's very interesting seeing how McElwain is doing it in Mt. Pleasant. I think this is his 2nd or 3rd yr. Looking at his team, they look GREAT in certain areas. He has a stud RB who next yr will be his redshirt Soph, a D-line which looks fast and big (nothing like ours) and McElwain benched the portal transfer for a younger QB and it worked out. Very interesting.......

I believe in CC and think he can get us there. I absolutely agree that hes done a great job of getting us to be competitive which was tough to do. The focus has to now be on attacking the Portal and getting the best recruits he can to get us over the hill and in the top tier. I am fascinated with McElwain because Bonamego left CMU in shambles and McElwain has turned them completely around. How is he doing that there and we are struggling to get to the top with them?

IMAGINE HOW FUN THIS WOULD ALL BE IF WE WERE AN 8 OR 9 WIN PROGRAM. CC can do this with personnel changes and the right portal/recruits.

Steve,

I’m one of the biggest CC supporters at EMU. If I don’t believe, then not many (especially recruits) will believe they can win a championship. This will be year 9

RE: Unofficial 2022 Football Recruiting Thread - dansplaining - 01-03-2022 03:33 PM

(01-03-2022 03:32 PM)Luckeyone Wrote:  
(01-02-2022 11:41 PM)holybovine Wrote:  He’s a great coach; always has been, always will be. He turned Colorado State around, and his overall Florida record was pretty good. Hammock looks like he has similar potential.

Steve,

I’m one of the biggest CC supporters at EMU. If I don’t believe, then not many (especially recruits) will believe they can win a championship. This will be year 9

frank solich never won the mac

RE: Unofficial 2022 Football Recruiting Thread - Luckeyone - 01-03-2022 03:38 PM

(01-03-2022 03:33 PM)dansplaining Wrote:  
(01-03-2022 11:28 AM)EMUGLORYDAYSthe90s Wrote:  That's the best comment I've ever seen on this board! I didn’t want to go there, but since you did, if Mcelwain or Hammock would've been the E Michigan coach both starting in 2018, when they both took over C Mich and N Illinois, would E Michigan won more then 7 games this season.........The answer is in my opinion YES! I simply want CC to take us to that level!!!!!!! We beat C Mich before Mcelwain, but we're 0-3 against him! Moorehead is taken over the worst MAC program next season, let's see what he does.............

Steve,

How many divisional titles? How many times did he play for a MACC in 9 years?

RE: Unofficial 2022 Football Recruiting Thread - dansplaining - 01-03-2022 03:49 PM

(01-03-2022 03:38 PM)Luckeyone Wrote:  
(01-03-2022 01:31 PM)Luckeyone Wrote:  That’s the easiest question to answer in reference to McElwains record if he were at EMU: We would be MAC champs. All MAC teams get the 2-3 star recruits. There are exceptions where a player becomes a difference make: Pimpleton (3 star), Nichols (3 star), Roback (4 star)and Crosby (2 star).

Steve,

4 division titles in 16 years

RE: Unofficial 2022 Football Recruiting Thread - Luckeyone - 01-03-2022 03:55 PM

(01-03-2022 03:49 PM)dansplaining Wrote:  
(01-03-2022 03:38 PM)Luckeyone Wrote:  
(01-03-2022 02:48 PM)steve4840 Wrote:  I believe in CC and think he can get us there. I absolutely agree that hes done a great job of getting us to be competitive which was tough to do. The focus has to now be on attacking the Portal and getting the best recruits he can to get us over the hill and in the top tier. I am fascinated with McElwain because Bonamego left CMU in shambles and McElwain has turned them completely around. How is he doing that there and we are struggling to get to the top with them?

Steve,

4 division titles in 16 years

That’s 1 appearance every 4 years. So far CC is 0 for 8.

I love CC but as you can see the other coaches will use this to recruit against him.

RE: Unofficial 2022 Football Recruiting Thread - FrankAnderson - 01-03-2022 04:47 PM

FYI, regardles of whether I or anyone else on this board thinks, our recruits still think Creighton can win a MAC championship. Don't take my word for it, here is what new signed Joshua Anderson said:

"When I get up there, I just want to whatever it takes to win, and continue to improve. I mean, the ultimate goal would be to win a national championship, and I don’t see why you can’t do that at Eastern Michigan. I don’t think there’s any reason why, in my 4-5 years there, we can’t do what Cincinnati’s doing this year or even better.”

https://ypsilantieleven.substack.com/p/emu-football-recruiting-2022-class-commits