CSNbbs
Unofficial 2022 Football Recruiting Thread - DEMOTE - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Eastern Michigan (/forum-478.html)
+----- Thread: Unofficial 2022 Football Recruiting Thread - DEMOTE (/thread-905805.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RE: Unofficial 2022 Football Recruiting Thread - emu79 - 01-02-2022 09:00 AM

Here's a list of transfer QBs that may be on our radar:

Andrew Peasley Utah St
Baxton Burmeimister Virginia Tech
Cammon Cooper Washington St
Baylor Romney BYU
Jarret Doege West Virginia
Sofian Massoud Huston
Conner Bazelak Missouri
Kyle Vantrease Buffalo
Lucas Johnson San Diego St

We may add other names. I have no evidence that EMU has offered any one of these names-yet. We may go a different route and bring in a JUCO or 3 star high school QB in February. I have my doubts that we will have the new QBs available for spring ball.

RE: Unofficial 2022 Football Recruiting Thread - emu79 - 01-02-2022 09:04 AM

(01-01-2022 04:05 PM)holybovine Wrote:  
(01-01-2022 03:32 PM)TheWoodenNickle Wrote:  
(01-01-2022 01:55 PM)emu79 Wrote:  So we have been discussing May and Smith at QB plus Kaminski. Lets not forget Aaron Jackson who was brought in at QB and has been QB for some wildcat plays this past year. We are also bringing in as a PWO Cole McElvany who was a QB at Milan and ran for 1,185 yards and 20TDs and passed for 1,117 yeards and 8 TDS. Certainly has QB size at 6'2 210. I believe they would like Cole as a LB.
I think that only May and Smith have the potential to be D1 QBs. There's a reason that kids are walk-ons and/or change positions and it's usually that they are lacking some of the essential skills to play at this level. I expect EMU to add one transfer and sign one freshman to get back to four scholarship QBs.

May and Smith were lightly recruited. I don’t trust either of them.

We MUST get a QB from the portal.

I'm not disagreeing with you that we need to add another QB. But Glass III and Hutch were not highly recruited. In fact Glass III had to pay out of pocket for his first year. May and Smith have a huge advantage in that they know the system and have worked with the offensive personnel. Unless we get a play in here for the spring that advantage will remain.

RE: Unofficial 2022 Football Recruiting Thread - TheWoodenNickle - 01-02-2022 09:12 AM

(01-02-2022 09:04 AM)emu79 Wrote:  
(01-01-2022 01:55 PM)emu79 Wrote:  So we have been discussing May and Smith at QB plus Kaminski. Lets not forget Aaron Jackson who was brought in at QB and has been QB for some wildcat plays this past year. We are also bringing in as a PWO Cole McElvany who was a QB at Milan and ran for 1,185 yards and 20TDs and passed for 1,117 yeards and 8 TDS. Certainly has QB size at 6'2 210. I believe they would like Cole as a LB.
I think that only May and Smith have the potential to be D1 QBs. There's a reason that kids are walk-ons and/or change positions and it's usually that they are lacking some of the essential skills to play at this level. I expect EMU to add one transfer and sign one freshman to get back to four scholarship QBs.

I'm not disagreeing with you that we need to add another QB. But Glass III and Hutch were not highly recruited. In fact Glass III had to pay out of pocket for his first year. May and Smith have a huge advantage in that they know the system and have worked with the offensive personnel. Unless we get a play in here for the spring that advantage will remain.
Agree. Smith and May weren't lightly recruited either. Smith had 15 offers, albeit many from FCS schools. Interesting that both had offers from Air Force. For what it's worth, according to 247 Hutchinson's only offer was from EMU.

RE: Unofficial 2022 Football Recruiting Thread - dansplaining - 01-02-2022 10:29 AM

the dantonio spartans were built on 3 star guys.

no one knows what smith and may and kaminski are capable of more than CC and his staff. he can go out and snag a transfer if he thinks he needs one. he's proven he can work the JUCOs and portal.

RE: Unofficial 2022 Football Recruiting Thread - emu steve - 01-02-2022 10:30 AM

(01-02-2022 09:12 AM)TheWoodenNickle Wrote:  

Agree. Smith and May weren't lightly recruited either. Smith had 15 offers, albeit many from FCS schools. Interesting that both had offers from Air Force. For what it's worth, according to 247 Hutchinson's only offer was from EMU.

agree with you, 'Nickle. My guess the problem is that both May and Smith were brought in with the 'next man up mantra.'

The 'next man mantra' is now.

Either with proper experience could be a good MAC QB.

RE: Unofficial 2022 Football Recruiting Thread - EMUGLORYDAYSthe90's - 01-02-2022 12:16 PM

May was incredible at New Philadelphia High school, he's a true dual threat QB! Regardless, how does CC not have a pulse on HIS program in year NINE that this was a possibility! I understand why Hutchinson wanted to leave, he saw the handwriting on the wall, but Bryant obviously was only hoping to play at the MAC level for ONE season! Next season we've a much more challenging schedule!

RE: Unofficial 2022 Football Recruiting Thread - steve4840 - 01-02-2022 12:28 PM

(01-02-2022 12:16 PM)EMUGLORYDAYSthe90s Wrote:  May was incredible at New Philadelphia High school, he's a true dual threat QB! Regardless, how does CC not have a pulse on HIS program in year NINE that this was a possibility! I understand why Hutchinson wanted to leave, he saw the handwriting on the wall, but Bryant obviously was only hoping to play at the MAC level for ONE season! Next season we've a much more challenging schedule!

Hoping we give May and Smith a shot at it and we do t bring in a portal QB. We will end up in the same situation we are in now. I'm big on Baron and think he can win the battle and we would be set at that position for years to come. I know he doesn't have a ton of experience but most of what CC calls offensively is short routes and doesn't seem too complicated. He will also be in his 3rd yr at EMU which should make him ready.

RE: Unofficial 2022 Football Recruiting Thread - dansplaining - 01-02-2022 02:29 PM

(01-02-2022 12:28 PM)steve4840 Wrote:  
(01-02-2022 12:16 PM)EMUGLORYDAYSthe90s Wrote:  May was incredible at New Philadelphia High school, he's a true dual threat QB! Regardless, how does CC not have a pulse on HIS program in year NINE that this was a possibility! I understand why Hutchinson wanted to leave, he saw the handwriting on the wall, but Bryant obviously was only hoping to play at the MAC level for ONE season! Next season we've a much more challenging schedule!

Hoping we give May and Smith a shot at it and we do t bring in a portal QB. We will end up in the same situation we are in now. I'm big on Baron and think he can win the battle and we would be set at that position for years to come. I know he doesn't have a ton of experience but most of what CC calls offensively is short routes and doesn't seem too complicated. He will also be in his 3rd yr at EMU which should make him ready.

i think its a pretty big stretch to say that CC doesnt have a pulse of his program - we have no idea what he knows or when he knew it

RE: Unofficial 2022 Football Recruiting Thread - emu steve - 01-02-2022 03:19 PM

(01-02-2022 02:29 PM)dansplaining Wrote:  

i think its a pretty big stretch to say that CC doesnt have a pulse of his program - we have no idea what he knows or when he knew it

Are you saying some of our posters speculate about conjecture? 03-lmfao 03-lmfao

RE: Unofficial 2022 Football Recruiting Thread - Jerry Weaver - 01-02-2022 06:36 PM

(01-02-2022 10:29 AM)dansplaining Wrote:  

the dantonio spartans were built on 3 star guys.

no one knows what smith and may and kaminski are capable of more than CC and his staff. he can go out and snag a transfer if he thinks he needs one. he's proven he can work the JUCOs and portal.

Dan you make a valid point but I would suspect that if Coach was high on May and Smith, he would not have signed Helbig and Bryant. Just my take.

Dantonio did indeed build MSU on lower ranked recruits BUT he also recruited some pretty bad "citizens" that did not meet Ann Arbor, Columbus and State College standards. In my mind, that just is not a path Creighton will go down.

RE: Unofficial 2022 Football Recruiting Thread - EMUGLORYDAYSthe90's - 01-02-2022 07:07 PM

RE: Unofficial 2022 Football Recruiting Thread - EMUGLORYDAYSthe90's - 01-02-2022 07:14 PM

Do you think Nick Saban, Lincoln Riley, Jim Harbaugh, or Ryan Day would know if their two top QB were considering transferring out..........ANSWER IS YES! On the MAC level, I think they might have some idea! Obviously, I don't have any idea, but have you ever heard on the D1 level, a coach having his two top QB transferring out! If Murphy lost his two top players, alot of people on this board would see it very differently! CC, is very similar to Murphy win loss wise! Actually, he's probably worse, but he gets a hall pass, and an extension for winning 7 games! We'll be lucky to win 7 games with next years schedule! I sure hope I'm wrong..........We've to stop making excuses for CC almost a decade in.........

RE: Unofficial 2022 Football Recruiting Thread - TheWoodenNickle - 01-02-2022 07:17 PM

(01-02-2022 07:14 PM)EMUGLORYDAYSthe90s Wrote:  

Do you think Nick Saban, Lincoln Ruley, Jim Harbaugh, or Ryan Day would know if their two top QB were considering transferring out..........ANSWER IS YES! On the MAC level, I think they might have some idea! Obviously, I don't have any idea, but have you ever heard on the D1 level, a coach having his two top QB transferring out! If Murphy lost his two top players, alot of people on this board would see it very differently! CC, is very similar to Murphy win loss wise! Actually, he's probably worse, but he gets a hall pass, and an extension for winning 7 games! We'll be lucky to win 7 games with next years schedule! I sure hope I'm wrong..........We've to stop making excuses for CC almost a decade in.........
It's clear that you dont like Creighton but if an outsider like me heard the rumor that both of them were considering transferring a month ago, then I can guarantee you that Creighton knew also.

RE: Unofficial 2022 Football Recruiting Thread - EMUGLORYDAYSthe90's - 01-02-2022 07:35 PM

(01-02-2022 07:17 PM)TheWoodenNickle Wrote:  
(01-02-2022 07:14 PM)EMUGLORYDAYSthe90s Wrote:  

Do you think Nick Saban, Lincoln Ruley, Jim Harbaugh, or Ryan Day would know if their two top QB were considering transferring out..........ANSWER IS YES! On the MAC level, I think they might have some idea! Obviously, I don't have any idea, but have you ever heard on the D1 level, a coach having his two top QB transferring out! If Murphy lost his two top players, alot of people on this board would see it very differently! CC, is very similar to Murphy win loss wise! Actually, he's probably worse, but he gets a hall pass, and an extension for winning 7 games! We'll be lucky to win 7 games with next years schedule! I sure hope I'm wrong..........We've to stop making excuses for CC almost a decade in.........
It's clear that you dont like Creighton but if an outsider like me heard the rumor that both of them were considering transferring a month ago, then I can guarantee you that Creighton knew also.
I actually like CC, and everything he stands for as A person, but I'll give him 3 seasons to begin to turn around a very down program like EMU was for 20 years, and he did that part, and made us respectable, but Buffalo, and Kent St, historically were just as bad, and look what Leipold did, also look at A 1-11 C Mich team 3 years ago! We went 7-6 in 2016, and 2018, and in 2021, how long does CC get to win the MAC...........That's my issue! Do you honestly believe we've what it takes to win the MAC?

RE: Unofficial 2022 Football Recruiting Thread - emu steve - 01-02-2022 07:47 PM

Depends if one once to compromise their standards. I believe most remember that Antonio Brown, in his day, was as good as they come, BUT...

"The 33-year-old has a trail of off-the-field incidents, distractions and legal trouble dating to the start of his career with the Pittsburgh Steelers."

And where did he go to school? Was he a B1G, SEC, etc. Nope. He was a Chip. Was he a problem child at CMU? IDK>

RE: Unofficial 2022 Football Recruiting Thread - Jerry Weaver - 01-02-2022 07:51 PM

(01-02-2022 07:07 PM)EMUGLORYDAYSthe90s Wrote:  

Do you think Nick Saban, Lincoln Riley, Jim Harbaugh, or Ryan Day would know if their two top QB were considering transferring out..........AMSWER IS YES! On the MAC level, I think they might have some idea! Obviously, I don't have any idea, but have you ever heard on the D1 level, a coach having his two top QB transferring out! If Murphy lost his two top players, alot of people on this board would see it very differently! CC, is very similar to Murphy win loss wise! Actually, he's probably worse, but he gets a hall pass, and an extension for winning 7 games! We'll be lucky to win 7 games with next years schedule! I sure hope I'm wrong..........We've to stop making excuses for CC almost a decade in.........

GD your comparisons to Murphy are well taken.

That said, much of Murph's career was served prior to the "immediate transfer" rule we have now and when it was enacted, Rob truly did not have anyone on his roster that interested other programs, sans Ty Groce.

If I were evaluating the two coaches based purely on W-L records, they would appear to be similar in effectiveness. When you examine them, however, in other metrics, one could have a different take. Creighton increased football attendance and interest, Murphy did not do the same for basketball. Maxx Crosby and Andrew Wylie have given back to Ypsilanti and EMU, JT4 and Ray Lee....

To your original statement about Saban, Day, etc... anticipating QB's transferring, we are in uncharted territory as is Creighton. Ryan Day had a three-man competition for OSU's starting QB this spring and the two losers are transferring out. Joe Burrow spent three years there before heading to LSU, by contrast. THE WORLD HAS CHANGED.

RE: Unofficial 2022 Football Recruiting Thread - Luckeyone - 01-02-2022 07:57 PM

I am a CC fan but he should get 10 years to win a MACC and if he doesn’t, then it’s time to move into a new direction.

RE: Unofficial 2022 Football Recruiting Thread - holybovine - 01-02-2022 11:17 PM

(01-02-2022 07:57 PM)Luckeyone Wrote:  I am a CC fan but he should get 10 years to win a MACC and if he doesn’t, then it’s time to move into a new direction.

I mean, I would be happy with a championship game appearance. But we are so far away from NIU and CMU it’s unreal. Plus, Toledo and WMU are always more talented than we are…

RE: Unofficial 2022 Football Recruiting Thread - steve4840 - 01-02-2022 11:24 PM

(01-02-2022 11:17 PM)holybovine Wrote:  
(01-02-2022 07:57 PM)Luckeyone Wrote:  I am a CC fan but he should get 10 years to win a MACC and if he doesn’t, then it’s time to move into a new direction.

I mean, I would be happy with a championship game appearance. But we are so far away from NIU and CMU it’s unreal. Plus, Toledo and WMU are always more talented than we are…

It's very interesting seeing how McElwain is doing it in Mt. Pleasant. I think this is his 2nd or 3rd yr. Looking at his team, they look GREAT in certain areas. He has a stud RB who next yr will be his redshirt Soph, a D-line which looks fast and big (nothing like ours) and McElwain benched the portal transfer for a younger QB and it worked out. Very interesting.......

RE: Unofficial 2022 Football Recruiting Thread - holybovine - 01-02-2022 11:41 PM

(01-02-2022 11:24 PM)steve4840 Wrote:  
(01-02-2022 11:17 PM)holybovine Wrote:  

It's very interesting seeing how McElwain is doing it in Mt. Pleasant. I think this is his 2nd or 3rd yr. Looking at his team, they look GREAT in certain areas. He has a stud RB who next yr will be his redshirt Soph, a D-line which looks fast and big (nothing like ours) and McElwain benched the portal transfer for a younger QB and it worked out. Very interesting.......

He’s a great coach; always has been, always will be. He turned Colorado State around, and his overall Florida record was pretty good. Hammock looks like he has similar potential.

Our coaching staff just isn’t at that level, and I don’t know if it ever will be considering what we pay. What I’m saying is this: When we have to find a new coach, are we going to “open the bank” for someone like McElwain? Doubtful. In college football coaching, you usually get what you pay for.