CSNbbs
JMU Giving Week - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: James Madison (/forum-685.html)
+----- Thread: JMU Giving Week (/thread-905707.html)

JMU Giving Week - Top Dawg - 08-30-2020 04:45 PM

JMU giving week is now active. Tough times for many, please consider a contribution if you can. https://givingday.jmu.edu/

RE: JMU Giving Week - Dukester - 09-01-2020 11:01 AM

What is JMU Giving Week?

Is this the same as in the past that was JMU giving "day"?

Why is there not an option for the Duke Club? (maybe I missed it)

Does not seem like there have been many donations.

https://givingday.jmu.edu/

What is meant by the "paying forward" concept for this year?

Kinda wish they would of kept this a little more simple.

Now is not a great time to fund raise for obvious reasons, but I'm not sure there would be any better times between now and the end of the year.

RE: JMU Giving Week - Top Dawg - 09-01-2020 04:38 PM

(09-01-2020 11:01 AM)Dukester Wrote:  What is JMU Giving Week?

Now is not a great time to fund raise for obvious reasons, but I'm not sure there would be any better times between now and the end of the year.

I believe this is the giving day replacement. March wasn’t exactly good timing to have the planned giving day. From the FAQ on the linked page.

What is Paying It Forward all about?

This week is about Dukes helping Dukes. We are reaching out to alumni, parents, faculty and staff members, and friends of the university to support JMU students during a time of economic need.

While we see this as a priority for our philanthropy during this difficult time, we also understand you might have a different priority right now. If so, we hope you will focus on what is most important to you.

Why don’t I see any athletic funds listed?

JMU Athletics will be holding a specific giving campaign during October through the weekend of virtual Homecoming (November 7) to support student-athletes scholarships and general operating budget. For more information, contact the Duke Club at 540-568-6461 during business hours: 8AM to 5PM Monday through Friday.

RE: JMU Giving Week - Dukester - 09-01-2020 04:40 PM

(09-01-2020 04:38 PM)Top Dawg Wrote:  
(09-01-2020 11:01 AM)Dukester Wrote:  What is JMU Giving Week?

I believe this is the giving day replacement. March wasn’t exactly good timing to have the planned giving day. From the FAQ on the linked page.

What is Paying It Forward all about?

This week is about Dukes helping Dukes. We are reaching out to alumni, parents, faculty and staff members, and friends of the university to support JMU students during a time of economic need.

While we see this as a priority for our philanthropy during this difficult time, we also understand you might have a different priority right now. If so, we hope you will focus on what is most important to you.

Why don’t I see any athletic funds listed?

JMU Athletics will be holding a specific giving campaign during October through the weekend of virtual Homecoming (November 7) to support student-athletes scholarships and general operating budget. For more information, contact the Duke Club at 540-568-6461 during business hours: 8AM to 5PM Monday through Friday.

Great info!

Thanks

RE: JMU Giving Week - ShadyP - 09-02-2020 07:24 AM

Giving week, get real......I don't think JMU is gonna find a lot of receptive alumni and parents this week.

RE: JMU Giving Week - bobbyjmu - 09-02-2020 08:52 AM

Wast thinking the same thing Shady. Seems like JMU allowed students to return more so for financial reasons/money grab. Glad my daughter graduated in Dec. '18.

RE: JMU Giving Week - ShadyP - 09-02-2020 09:04 AM

(09-02-2020 08:52 AM)bobbyjmu Wrote:  Wast thinking the same thing Shady. Seems like JMU allowed students to return more so for financial reasons/money grab. Glad my daughter graduated in Dec. '18.

Yup, feels and looks like a total Bait and Switch.

The decision yesterday was literally the worst possible decision JMU could have made with regard to students back and forth all over the state and country twice in a 2 week window.

I trusted the preparedness, plans, and procedures in place by JMU.....but this decision clearly indicates the level of preparedness was poor or there was zero commitment to the plan.

I have zero confidence in Jon Alger to lead JMU.

RE: JMU Giving Week - Deez Nuts - 09-02-2020 10:03 AM

(09-02-2020 08:52 AM)bobbyjmu Wrote:  Wast thinking the same thing Shady. Seems like JMU allowed students to return more so for financial reasons/money grab. Glad my daughter graduated in Dec. '18.

Timing is everything... and unfortunately this may have ended up being the worst possible week to pitch a fundraising campaign. We are not used to such negative opinions of/at JMU. Tough week to be proud of JMU.

RE: JMU Giving Week - Dukester - 09-02-2020 10:12 AM

(09-02-2020 10:03 AM)Deez Nuts Wrote:  

Timing is everything... and unfortunately this may have ended up being the worst possible week to pitch a fundraising campaign. We are not used to such negative opinions of/at JMU. Tough week to be proud of JMU.

Without a doubt worst timing, but does not seem like any other options would be good between now and the end of the year. Don't think if it was August 15, or October 15 it would make that much difference.

Just a one off year for life as we know it.

RE: JMU Giving Week - bobbyjmu - 09-02-2020 11:38 AM

Agreed. I still bleed purple like the rest of you. Hard to believe, but we "normally" would have been exchanging thoughts about our 1st game against the Blue Hens this Saturday.
Definitely a one off year.

RE: JMU Giving Week - RamDawg - 09-04-2020 10:37 AM

All future funding to all state subsidized organizations has ended for my family. When the state colleges decide to offer a refund for canceled classes and price their services similar to other online learning groups, I MAY reconsider.

RE: JMU Giving Week - Dukester - 09-04-2020 11:54 AM

I'm guessing 733 gifts totaling $190,000 is significantly below prior years.