CSNbbs
SBC BASKETBALL - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: OVCbbs (/forum-17.html)
+---- Forum: Ohio Valley Team Talk (/forum-784.html)
+----- Forum: Little Rock (/forum-291.html)
+----- Thread: SBC BASKETBALL (/thread-904915.html)

SBC BASKETBALL - ez272 - 08-18-2020 07:16 PM

The SBC basketball season is still up in the air. The demgaz had 2 articles last month talking about LR basketball and Walker and Foley both said the season may be delayed until January and be conference only. Thoughts?

RE: SBC BASKETBALL - TrojanTeen2 - 08-18-2020 07:42 PM

Not bad but I would prefer if they allowed in-state out of conference games (maybe neighboring states too). Would be a nice to play a real game against the university in Fayetteville, a double header against UCA, and UAPB. If neighboring states are included we could play better opponents in the power 5 schools along with Memphis, Tulsa, and St. Louis.

RE: SBC BASKETBALL - Karl B - 08-19-2020 04:41 PM

That sounds good! I like good regional games

RE: SBC BASKETBALL - MICHAELSPAPPY - 08-19-2020 04:52 PM

I am encouraged by the number of high-level national figures (e.g., Coach K, Tom Izzo) that are very forthrightly stating that we will be having basketball this year, one way or another. It may be in a morphed form, however.

RE: SBC BASKETBALL - chiefsfan - 08-20-2020 08:20 PM

(08-18-2020 07:16 PM)ez272 Wrote:  The SBC basketball season is still up in the air. The demgaz had 2 articles last month talking about LR basketball and Walker and Foley both said the season may be delayed until January and be conference only. Thoughts?

A lot of the plans for basketball have to do with how Fall sports go. The SBC has no intention currently of even postponing basketball season. Whether or not the schedules look anything like what they are currently constructed to be is another story. I know we have a game at Central Michigan that has essentially no hope of happening with the MAC leaning postponing everything till January.