CSNbbs
Big Ten planning to postpone/cancel fall sports? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SECbbs (/forum-285.html)
+---- Forum: SEC Conference Talk (/forum-246.html)
+---- Thread: Big Ten planning to postpone/cancel fall sports? (/thread-904309.html)

Big Ten planning to postpone/cancel fall sports? - murrdcu - 08-10-2020 05:22 AM

Rumors from the weekend swirled a round that the B1G plans on canceling fall sports and wants the other P5 conferences to unanimously join them. Dissenters Michigan, Penn State, Ohio State and Nebraska boosters looking at joining Big 12 for one year if need be? Why not the SEC?

This will be one interesting week for sure.

RE: Big Ten planning to postpone/cancel fall sports? - Soobahk40050 - 08-10-2020 08:24 AM

(08-10-2020 05:22 AM)murrdcu Wrote:  Rumors from the weekend swirled a round that the B1G plans on canceling fall sports and wants the other P5 conferences to unanimously join them. Dissenters Michigan, Penn State, Ohio State and Nebraska boosters looking at joining Big 12 for one year if need be? Why not the SEC?

The Michigan, Penn St, Ohio St, and Nebraska rumors come from a twitter account with about 300 followers from an "unaffiliated" reporter. I'm skeptical. If they switched for even a season, I think there would be massive GOR problems. However, anything is possible.

RE: Big Ten planning to postpone/cancel fall sports? - murrdcu - 08-10-2020 09:58 AM

(08-10-2020 08:24 AM)Soobahk40050 Wrote:  
(08-10-2020 05:22 AM)murrdcu Wrote:  Rumors from the weekend swirled a round that the B1G plans on canceling fall sports and wants the other P5 conferences to unanimously join them. Dissenters Michigan, Penn State, Ohio State and Nebraska boosters looking at joining Big 12 for one year if need be? Why not the SEC?

The Michigan, Penn St, Ohio St, and Nebraska rumors come from a twitter account with about 300 followers from an "unaffiliated" reporter. I'm skeptical. If they switched for even a season, I think there would be massive GOR problems. However, anything is possible.

I noticed that too, just wondering if anything more credible was floating around that I wasn’t seeing.

Anyway, I was enamored at the idea of having a couple of Big Ten heavy weights join the SEC for one season.

Also, the thought of Ohio State fans bitching about SEC officials for an entire season sounds comical.

RE: Big Ten planning to postpone/cancel fall sports? - Soobahk40050 - 08-10-2020 10:35 AM

(08-10-2020 09:58 AM)murrdcu Wrote:  

I noticed that too, just wondering if anything more credible was floating around that I wasn’t seeing.

Anyway, I was enamored at the idea of having a couple of Big Ten heavy weights join the SEC for one season.

Also, the thought of Ohio State fans bitching about SEC officials for an entire season sounds comical.

Looks like its close to official (with the Big Ten voting 12-2 to cancel). Maybe we can recruit Nebraska and Iowa. Heck, why not grab USC for a season if the PAC cancels and have Kiffin play them.

RE: Big Ten planning to postpone/cancel fall sports? - murrdcu - 08-10-2020 11:13 AM

(08-10-2020 10:35 AM)Soobahk40050 Wrote:  
(08-10-2020 09:58 AM)murrdcu Wrote:  

Looks like its close to official (with the Big Ten voting 12-2 to cancel). Maybe we can recruit Nebraska and Iowa. Heck, why not grab USC for a season if the PAC cancels and have Kiffin play them.

Quote: The presidents voted, 12-2, Sunday to end the fall sports in the conference. Michigan and Michigan State — which both has physicians as presidents — voted to end the season, sources said. Only Nebraska and Iowa voted to play, Dan Patrick said on his radio show Monday.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/2020/08/10/big-ten-football-cancels-season-michigan-michigan-state/3332277001/

Only Iowa and Nebraska voted to keep the season, let them join the Big 12 for a year. Nebraska might hesitate to playing Texas, but other than that it should be an entertaining season if those two were added.