CSNbbs
D3 Pratt Institute Cancels Fall Sports - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: College Sports and Conference Realignment (/forum-637.html)
+---- Thread: D3 Pratt Institute Cancels Fall Sports (/thread-901858.html)

D3 Pratt Institute Cancels Fall Sports - DavidSt - 06-27-2020 12:08 AM

Pratt Inst.

Quote:Pratt Institute has announced the cancellation of sports throughout the fall semester due to COVID-19.

The decision has been made based on the challenges and limitations that go along with providing a safe and healthy environment for our student-athletes, as well as the general student population.

Men's and women's cross country, men's and women's soccer and women's volleyball will not have a season in 2020-21.

Men's and women's basketball, men's and women's indoor track and field, men's and women's tennis and equestrian will not have any contests in the fall.

RE: D3 Pratt Institute Cancels Fall Sports - Stugray2 - 06-27-2020 03:09 AM

Put all these D-II, D-II and Juco in one thread.

Mods do so if DavidSt wont

RE: D3 Pratt Institute Cancels Fall Sports - Scoochpooch1 - 06-27-2020 12:30 PM

(06-27-2020 12:08 AM)DavidSt Wrote:  Pratt Inst.

Quote:Pratt Institute has announced the cancellation of sports throughout the fall semester due to COVID-19.

The decision has been made based on the challenges and limitations that go along with providing a safe and healthy environment for our student-athletes, as well as the general student population.

Men's and women's cross country, men's and women's soccer and women's volleyball will not have a season in 2020-21.

Men's and women's basketball, men's and women's indoor track and field, men's and women's tennis and equestrian will not have any contests in the fall.

Art School plays sports? I had no idea.

RE: D3 Pratt Institute Cancels Fall Sports - Nittany_Bearcat - 06-27-2020 02:57 PM

(06-27-2020 12:30 PM)Scoochpooch1 Wrote:  

Me neither. Learn something new every day.

And if not for The Office, I wouldn't have even known (1) the school even existed, or (2) it was an art school.

RE: D3 Pratt Institute Cancels Fall Sports - AZcats - 06-27-2020 03:09 PM

There's also the Academy of Art University Urban Knights in San Francisco. They are in the D2 Pacific West Conference. Academy of Art has won two national championships, 2013 women's indoor track & field and 2013 women's outdoor track & field.

RE: D3 Pratt Institute Cancels Fall Sports - Scoochpooch1 - 06-28-2020 07:02 PM

(06-27-2020 02:57 PM)Nittany_Bearcat Wrote:  
(06-27-2020 12:30 PM)Scoochpooch1 Wrote:  

Me neither. Learn something new every day.

And if not for The Office, I wouldn't have even known (1) the school even existed, or (2) it was an art school.

I had co-workers go there but they certainly weren't the athletic type.

RE: D3 Pratt Institute Cancels Fall Sports - Shox - 06-28-2020 09:51 PM

No surprise that a lot of these small schools will cancel fall sports. In most cases, they sponsor sports to boost enrollment numbers. They already got the athletes, their friends, and girlfriends signed up to attend this fall. Canceling fall sports allows them to have their cake and eat it too...but only once. Kids aren't going to stick around long.