CSNbbs
2020 Football Season Predictions - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: 2020 Football Season Predictions (/thread-899083.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

2020 Football Season Predictions - IamYourDad - 05-05-2020 07:43 PM

It’s peak off-season, and I’m interested to hear how you think your team will do this season. How much production are they returning? What record do you think they will have.

As a UCF fan, we are returning many of our most important peaces. Dillon Gabriel will likely make a jump going into his sophomore year. The defense will be solid, with an incredible secondary. I believe we go 11-1 in the regular season (with a likely stumble vs UNC or some road conference game). Top that off with a win in the CCG and a NY6 once more.

RE: 2020 Football Season Predictions - Yung Knightt - 05-05-2020 07:58 PM

I have been especially excited for cfb this week and have gone through a lot of preseason previews (even looking at MAC write ups). I think Cincy, Memphis and UCF are going to be really really good this year.

It would be neat if we could a have a representative from each school give a comprehensive breakdown of their team before the season.

RE: 2020 Football Season Predictions - IamYourDad - 05-05-2020 08:11 PM

(05-05-2020 07:58 PM)Yung Knightt Wrote:  I have been especially excited for cfb this week and have gone through a lot of preseason previews (even looking at MAC write ups). I think Cincy, Memphis and UCF are going to be really really good this year.

It would be neat if we could a have a representative from each school give a comprehensive breakdown of their team before the season.

It really would be! The only part of our team that worries me is the O-Line. It was incredibly inconsistent last year, and it was said to be potentially one of our best ever. They made FAMU look like the 98 Bears.

If Gabriel makes the leap, I really don't see how any team in conference beats us unless Heup opens up the Vanilla playbook again. No excuses this year. No more coaching debacles.

RE: 2020 Football Season Predictions - Yung Knightt - 05-05-2020 08:28 PM

(05-05-2020 08:11 PM)IamYourDad Wrote:  
(05-05-2020 07:58 PM)Yung Knightt Wrote:  I have been especially excited for cfb this week and have gone through a lot of preseason previews (even looking at MAC write ups). I think Cincy, Memphis and UCF are going to be really really good this year.

It really would be! The only part of our team that worries me is the O-Line. It was incredibly inconsistent last year, and it was said to be potentially one of our best ever. They made FAMU look like the 98 Bears.

If Gabriel makes the leap, I really don't see how any team in conference beats us unless Heup opens up the Vanilla playbook again. No excuses this year. No more coaching debacles.

I agree with the offensive line worries, I didn’t get the hype preseason last year for them and unfortunately they were the worst unit. I believe we only lose 3 defensive starters but 2 of them are Nate Evans and Clarke

I think Memphis probably has the best offense ( we are close second IMO) and Cincy has the best defense. Both will be tough, especially Memphis away. I think Temple, Navy and SMU are especially dangerous. Since UCF plays 1/3 compared to Memphis and Cincy who both play all of them, I think Ucf makes it to the CC.

RE: 2020 Football Season Predictions - UCGrad1992 - 05-05-2020 08:43 PM

This is Cincinnati's time. We've been on the cusp the past two 11 win seasons. This year, we take it. All of it. The CCG and we get to the NY6. Coach Fickell has rebuilt our program and it's clicking on all cylinders. He loves his players, and the players love him. Our defense will be even better this year returning just about every key starter and our offense will be better than last year. We will have the full season services of Michigan transfer James Hudson at the left tackle spot that will improve our pass protection and of course, we can RUN THE BALL. Our QB Dez Ridder will be 100% healthy playing in his third season in the same offensive system. There will be more opportunities to throw the ball but he can win games with his legs too. This team is hungry and ready to prove it belongs. Not being cocky. Just confidence in our program and in our kids to get it done on the field this year.

RE: 2020 Football Season Predictions - IamYourDad - 05-05-2020 09:18 PM

(05-05-2020 08:43 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  This is Cincinnati's time. We've been on the cusp the past two 11 win seasons. This year, we take it. All of it. The CCG and we get to the NY6. Coach Fickell has rebuilt our program and it's clicking on all cylinders. He loves his players, and the players love him. Our defense will be even better this year returning just about every key starter and our offense will be better than last year. We will have the full season services of Michigan transfer James Hudson at the left tackle spot that will improve our pass protection and of course, we can RUN THE BALL. Our QB Dez Ridder will be 100% healthy playing in his third season in the same offensive system. There will be more opportunities to throw the ball but he can win games with his legs too. This team is hungry and ready to prove it belongs. Not being cocky. Just confidence in our program and in our kids to get it done on the field this year.

Cincinnati will be very good this season. Fickell really is one hell of a coach. I do feel much better about this game though. Last year we lost by one possession with a true freshman QB and bad O-Line. We are playing you guys at home this year, and college teams are different teams on the road. Second year for DG, better O-line, and 3rd year under Heup - I like our chances in that game. Nevertheless it should be a good one!

RE: 2020 Football Season Predictions - SMUleopold - 05-05-2020 09:33 PM

I feel the same way about SMU this year that I did last year, albeit with different hopes and concerns.

We have the makings of a team that should challenge for the conference but have a couple of holes going into the season. Unlike last year where I was concerned about how Buechele would turn out on offense and the secondary on defense, this year I'm high on the QB and secondary and worried about the running game and the defensive line - known strengths going into the season last year. Also, the schedule is a little more helpful this year with all of our big games at home, but we won't sneak up on anyone this year.

We should take a step forward at QB, OL, TE, and even WR on offense. If McBryde and Moore are back, we should be set at LB and, for the most part, in the secondary on defense. We already have a more talented and experienced DT with the Stanford transfer, but will be alot thinner there.
And for the love of God, can we please hit an XP???

My heart wants me to believe we win the conference, but my gut is saying 9-3.

Prediction: 10-2, and hopefully a Liberty Bowl birth.

RE: 2020 Football Season Predictions - GoDownSwinging - 05-05-2020 09:47 PM

There could be a very good chance we get a three way tie with Memphis, Cincinnati, and UCF. The interesting thing about all three of those teams, is that they all play each other and one game is at home, and one game is on the road. It'll be the most interesting thing that's out there.

I'm going to say Memphis will go 8-4, I think they'll take a step back (just being honest). Yes, the Tigers have Coxie (top ten receiver in the country) and arguably the best (or top 3) trio in the country in White/Gainwell/Coxie all returning.

However, the loss of Woodard at center hurts because I don't think the replacement is as good as Woodard.
Sean Dykes is expected to be the Tight End, and I don't believe he'll be as productive as Magnifico.
Pop Williams will return, him and Calvin Austin will be the slots receivers. Williams is a better "receiver" in terms of catches, meanwhile Austin is faster. Despite that, neither one of those players are Antonio Gibson and Kendarian Jones was a nice complimentary receiver. The WR depth took a bigger hit than most are expecting.

Defensively, our line will be good, and I love our linebackers. We are losing our leading tackler and one corner that was a blazer. Our safeties will improve as the season goes on. I think our defense will be fine because of experience playing together (despite, the linebackers, and defensive line getting a 3rd coach in 3 years). 3rd new coordinator in 3 years as well. Xavier Cullens will be the player to watch this year.

Why 8-4? Purdue is going to be significantly better than last year. With that being a road game, and the first true road game under Silverfield, I think the Tigers will lose close. They'll split with SMU or UCF... Cincinnati will be more motivated than ever. With the game on Halloween (Assuming UC will go with the blackout). The Tigers better be ready. The Navy game in November will be a dog fight. If the conditions are not favorable, and the wind is blowing off the lake, the Tigers could get killed.

Navy will be my pick to go to the AAC championship game because they have the luxury of not playing UCF and Cincy, only road game at SMU. Houston and Memphis in Maryland helps them.

I do see this being a Cincinnati and Navy AAC championship game, with Cincinnati making the Peach Bowl.

RE: 2020 Football Season Predictions - ECUGrad07 - 05-06-2020 08:39 AM

ECU will continue its slow, but steady climb out of the gutter in year 2 of the Mike Houston era.

I don't think people really grasp just how bad this roster was the past several years. Scottie Montgomery destroyed this program and set us back a decade. Even with a roster devoid of many FBS-level players, Coach Houston managed to rally the kids to a 4-8 season, and we had some heartbreaking losses against the AAC's best:

We lost to Cincinnati 46-43
We lost at SMU 59-51

We've got a lot to be excited about on offense. The two most notable players, IMO would be:

Holton Ahlers (QB) is one of the best QB's in the AAC. I think he will take the next step forward this year and will become THE best QB in the AAC.

CJ Johnson (WR) is only a sophomore, but he was just ranked the #17 Wide Receiver in the nation and #1 ranked Wide Receiver in the AAC, according to this link:
CJ Johnson ranked among college football's top 25 WRs

RE: 2020 Football Season Predictions - invisiblehand - 05-06-2020 09:57 AM

Tulsa apparently got a kicker. That's 6 wins right there.

RE: 2020 Football Season Predictions - IamYourDad - 05-06-2020 10:40 AM

(05-06-2020 08:39 AM)ECUGrad07 Wrote:  ECU will continue its slow, but steady climb out of the gutter in year 2 of the Mike Houston era.

I don't think people really grasp just how bad this roster was the past several years. Scottie Montgomery destroyed this program and set us back a decade. Even with a roster devoid of many FBS-level players, Coach Houston managed to rally the kids to a 4-8 season, and we had some heartbreaking losses against the AAC's best:

We lost at SMU 59-51

We've got a lot to be excited about on offense. The two most notable players, IMO would be:

Holton Ahlers (QB) is one of the best QB's in the AAC. I think he will take the next step forward this year and will become THE best QB in the AAC.

CJ Johnson (WR) is only a sophomore, but he was just ranked the #17 Wide Receiver in the nation and #1 ranked Wide Receiver in the AAC, according to this link:

That's awesome to hear. I thought Mike Houston was a great hire for ECU. How is your defense looking this season? Is a bowl game a possibility for ECU? Haven't looked at your schedule yet

RE: 2020 Football Season Predictions - ECUGrad07 - 05-06-2020 10:57 AM

(05-06-2020 10:40 AM)IamYourDad Wrote:  
(05-06-2020 08:39 AM)ECUGrad07 Wrote:  ECU will continue its slow, but steady climb out of the gutter in year 2 of the Mike Houston era.

We lost at SMU 59-51

That's awesome to hear. I thought Mike Houston was a great hire for ECU. How is your defense looking this season? Is a bowl game a possibility for ECU? Haven't looked at your schedule yet

Defense is still a big question mark. We have a new, exciting Defensive Coordinator this season. We are thin depth-wise on the Defensive Line with little experience. The kids are talented, but they are young and don't have much (if any) experience.

We have some talent and experience in the secondary and at LB.

It'll be about our new DC scheming around our personnel, and not the other way around. Our previous DC tried to run HIS system, regardless of his players' strengths/weaknesses. It'll be a refreshing change, I hope.

RE: 2020 Football Season Predictions - Tigersmoke4 - 05-06-2020 11:19 AM

No offense but please oh please ECU and Tulsa fans don't drown this thread with every minuscule tidbit about your teams. Some of these threads have become unreadable. Once again honestly no disrespect. I'd kinda like to hear from some fans of teams that are actually doing good things. 04-cheers

RE: 2020 Football Season Predictions - invisiblehand - 05-06-2020 11:32 AM

(05-06-2020 11:19 AM)Tigersmoke4 Wrote:  No offense but please oh please ECU and Tulsa fans don't drown this thread with every minuscule tidbit about your teams. Some of these threads have become unreadable. Once again honestly no disrespect. I'd kinda like to hear from some fans of teams that are actually doing good things. 04-cheers

Bruh. You escaped Tulsa by the skin of your teeth. We gave you the closest game you played all season besides your losses to Temple / Penn State. We should have beaten SMU but were screwed by the refs (phantom 4th down conversion that extended a drive) and our own shite kicker. We played well against Cincinnati (11-3) and were in that game late into the 4th quarter. Same thing goes for Tulane. We led Oklahoma State at half. We beat a pretty good UCF team and demolished ECU to end the season. We're a lot closer to "doing good things" than most people on this board care to admit.

As for next year... we lose some production on defense from our 2 NFL draft picks and starting MLB, but we do return a slew of guys who saw playtime at the same positions. We return basically our entire offense and we grabbed a kicker. The biggest question mark for us is can we remold the offensive line to protect our QB. We let go of our OL coach in the offseason and brought in a guy from OU. Hopefully that pays dividends.

RE: 2020 Football Season Predictions - Fishpro10987 - 05-06-2020 11:44 AM

Temple: I know we are predicted for 6 wins, but we are an 8-4 team with an 8-4 quarterback and an 8-4 coach. We will beat somebody we shouldn't (UCF, Cincy looking at you), so I am going to go out on a limb and say we will be 8-4.

RE: 2020 Football Season Predictions - Hurricane Drummer - 05-06-2020 11:54 AM

Right now, I see Tulsa somewhere between 5-7 and 7-5.

RE: 2020 Football Season Predictions - invisiblehand - 05-06-2020 12:07 PM

(05-06-2020 11:54 AM)Hurricane Drummer Wrote:  Right now, I see Tulsa somewhere between 5-7 and 7-5.

So.... 6-6.

RE: 2020 Football Season Predictions - NothingButKnight - 05-06-2020 12:20 PM

UCF getting Cincy, Tulane, Temple, FIU and UNC at home will be a big help.

We didn’t play a single bowl-eligible team at home last year, every such game was on the road. That makes a huge difference. All it takes is one look at the AAC 2019 season.

RE: 2020 Football Season Predictions - ECUGrad07 - 05-06-2020 12:29 PM

(05-06-2020 11:19 AM)Tigersmoke4 Wrote:  No offense but please oh please ECU and Tulsa fans don't drown this thread with every minuscule tidbit about your teams. Some of these threads have become unreadable. Once again honestly no disrespect. I'd kinda like to hear from some fans of teams that are actually doing good things. 04-cheers

No offense taken.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia...amp;nofb=1]

RE: 2020 Football Season Predictions - Foreverandever - 05-06-2020 12:34 PM

(05-06-2020 12:07 PM)invisiblehand Wrote:  
(05-06-2020 11:54 AM)Hurricane Drummer Wrote:  Right now, I see Tulsa somewhere between 5-7 and 7-5.

So.... 6-6.

Not with Monty in charge. 4-8 is likely and I could see us going 2-10 very easily. The team will be good.enough to win seven though. Much like we have been every year that Monty manages to work us into a losing season with is 8-45 record in games decided by a touchdown.

Monty is a good person, but a bad coach. That extension Gragg gave him has become an anchor we dropped through the deck and keel of our boat. He is an albatross for this program that we will at sometime have to pay a pound of flesh to remove.