CSNbbs
Rest In Peace, Bob Solderitch - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CAAbbs (/forum-676.html)
+---- Forum: CAA Conference Talk (/forum-677.html)
+----- Forum: William & Mary (/forum-691.html)
+----- Thread: Rest In Peace, Bob Solderitch (/thread-897952.html)

Rest In Peace, Bob Solderitch - TribePride52 - 04-13-2020 07:46 PM

I have learned that former William and Mary player, OL coach, and current assistant for player development Bob Solderitch has passed away. May he rest in peace.

RE: Rest In Peace, Bob Solderitch - tribeintexas - 04-13-2020 09:49 PM

This is a shocking news. RIP.

RE: Rest In Peace, Bob Solderitch - jsk928 - 04-13-2020 10:05 PM

Great representative of the Tribe, and a really nice man. I didn’t know him long, but he always had a smile and a great story to share. RIP

RE: Rest In Peace, Bob Solderitch - bubbadog57 - 04-14-2020 05:42 AM

I am stunned by the news of Bob's passing. A grand guy, a terrific representative of the College, and well remember the hilarious time we played golf a couple of years ago at my club.

He will be missed by many...W&M is less for his passing.

RE: Rest In Peace, Bob Solderitch - zablenoise - 04-14-2020 07:09 AM

Oh that's awful. RIP Soldy.

RE: Rest In Peace, Bob Solderitch - billymac - 04-14-2020 07:58 AM

Very sad news. RIP, Soldy.

RE: Rest In Peace, Bob Solderitch - WMInTheBurg - 04-14-2020 08:41 AM

That's terrible news. He was a great alumnus.

Rest In Peace, Bob Solderitch - mrjoolius - 04-14-2020 09:06 AM

A true William and Mary man. He will be missed. RiP

RE: Rest In Peace, Bob Solderitch - WMTribe90 - 04-14-2020 10:38 AM

I arrived on campus the same year Coach Solderitch came on staff. Great coach that really cared for his players and for the College. Over 30 years of dedicated and loyal service to the College as a player, coach and admin. Classic dry humor and very approachable. Very sad news and big loss. Thoughts and prayers with his family.

RE: Rest In Peace, Bob Solderitch - Naptown Tribe - 04-14-2020 10:57 AM

Oh man ... big loss for our Tribe family. Was a great player and coach and even better man. Will be deeply missed.

Praying for his family.

RE: Rest In Peace, Bob Solderitch - ScottyB757 - 04-14-2020 02:44 PM

I've known the name Bob Solderitch was for 33 years, but never met the man until this winter, the night the Precarious Beer Hall opened at the Kap. A mutual friend introduced us that night, and we hung out together and watched the whole game from the baseline. We had a lot of mutual friends and hit it off immediately. I was sorry I hadn't met him sooner.

Bob made a point to find me at subsequent basketball games and events, even if just to say hi. I suspect he would have been an asset to the Tribe for many more years.

We were going to get together and play golf this spring. I am shocked and saddened that he's gone. The whole Tribe family lost a good one yesterday. May God bless his family and friends.

One Tribe. One Family.

RE: Rest In Peace, Bob Solderitch - N8sLoveLightFor3ver - 04-14-2020 02:51 PM

Bob was a great man. I remember him very well from Nate's recruiting and visits. I am so sorry to hear of his passing and pray for his family. Grief is something no one can really understand until they are faced with it.

Prayers to his family & all who knew and loved him. I really hope Nate is greeting him with a familiar face, a bright smile and wide open arms saying, welcome home Coach.

RE: Rest In Peace, Bob Solderitch - LeadBolt - 04-15-2020 12:57 PM

So sorry to hear about this. Coach Solderitch was a great asset to the College in so many ways. He will be missed. My condolences to his family and all who loved him.

RE: Rest In Peace, Bob Solderitch - Tribeguy1960 - 04-15-2020 02:35 PM

Absolutely awful news. What a great man and advocate for W&M. He will be greatly missed.

RE: Rest In Peace, Bob Solderitch - Marshall Wythe - 04-16-2020 01:13 PM

I met Soldy when I took my boy to the last Laycock summer camp, and Soldy was running much of the affair. He had a great blend of no-nonsense responsibility and affable approachability. I remember being so proud that he represented William & Mary to these young boys. A true loss.

RE: Rest In Peace, Bob Solderitch - wmmii - 04-18-2020 02:27 PM

RIP, a gentle giant who was respected by all.

Rest In Peace, Bob Solderitch - Tribal - 04-18-2020 06:28 PM

Here's how you can help.

https://t.co/Fmzt7tNnIC https://t.co/jC6DnMyO49

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Rest In Peace, Bob Solderitch - Tribal - 04-20-2020 05:50 PM

Folks, still several meals available. If you can help cover one, please click this link:

https://www.mealtrain.com/trains/g4w3e8

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

RE: Rest In Peace, Bob Solderitch - Tribal - 07-31-2020 09:11 AM

This is a fantastic tribute. Way to honor a legend!

https://tribeathletics.com/news/2020/7/31/athletics-advancement-tribe-scribe-bob-solderitch-to-be-honored-for-three-decades-of-love-and-dedication-to-w-m-football.aspx?utm_medium=sidearm-email&utm_source=tribeathletics.com&utm_campaign=TRIBE+SCRIBE%3a+Bob+Solderitch+to+be+honored+for+three+decades+of+%e2%80%98love+and+dedication%e2%80%99+to+W%26M+football&utm_content=2fca6c45-07b9-45f3-afda-be6e1e7e1293