CSNbbs
So What Do We Do Without College Sports? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: ACCbbs (/forum-381.html)
+---- Forum: ACC Conference Talk (/forum-351.html)
+---- Thread: So What Do We Do Without College Sports? (/thread-896136.html)

Pages: 1 2

So What Do We Do Without College Sports? - Hallcity - 03-12-2020 02:00 PM

It looks like we won’t have any more college sports this school year. I’m in the earliest stage of withdrawal. Unfortunately, it looks like I won’t be able to fall back on pro sports. April without the Masters to watch? No Zion, no LBJ? No Stanley Cup playoffs? This is going to be tough but then I remind myself that many, many people are going to die and we need to hold down the death toll but I’m still in withdrawal. Time to catch up on the reading.

At least Duke finished its basketball season with a win for only the 6th time in my lifetime.

I hope things have calmed down by football season.

RE: So What Do We Do Without College Sports? - CollegeCard - 03-12-2020 02:55 PM

cry

Seriously though, while I have perspective on where college sports fits into this globally, I still selfishly am truly bummed about no March madness.

RE: So What Do We Do Without College Sports? - Hokie Mark - 03-12-2020 04:43 PM

It's officially ALL sports.

Quote:For Immediate Release
Thursday, March 12, 2020
@theACC

Statement from the Atlantic Coast Conference:
“The Atlantic Coast Conference has suspended all athletic related activities including all competition, formal and organized practice, recruiting and participation in NCAA championships until further notice. The decision was made following consultation with the league’s presidents and athletic directors to mitigate the further spread of COVID-19.”

Statement from ACC Commissioner John Swofford:
“This is uncharted territory and the health and safety of our student-athletes and institutions remains our top priority. This decision is aimed to protect from the further spread of COVID-19.”

RE: So What Do We Do Without College Sports? - Hokie Mark - 03-12-2020 04:43 PM

It's officially ALL sports.

Quote:For Immediate Release
Thursday, March 12, 2020
@theACC

Statement from the Atlantic Coast Conference:
“The Atlantic Coast Conference has suspended all athletic related activities including all competition, formal and organized practice, recruiting and participation in NCAA championships until further notice. The decision was made following consultation with the league’s presidents and athletic directors to mitigate the further spread of COVID-19.”

Statement from ACC Commissioner John Swofford:
“This is uncharted territory and the health and safety of our student-athletes and institutions remains our top priority. This decision is aimed to protect from the further spread of COVID-19.”

RE: So What Do We Do Without College Sports? - JRsec - 03-12-2020 11:38 PM

Go home, spend time playing games with your children, make love to your wife, have home worship, plant a garden, raise bees, call the part of your family you don't normally speak with, go to be early, get up early, and call it an adventure pretending that it is 1880. Teach your kids pinochle, spades, hearts, bridge, rummy, cribbage, euchre, and play for a penny a point out of a collective family pot of pennies. And read books, watch a few movies, and count your blessings. You'll be better for it, and when sports return they will once again be placed in perspective, like they were a long time ago.

RE: So What Do We Do Without College Sports? - Statefan - 03-13-2020 12:02 AM

Might be a good time for an ACC Commissioner change. If little birds sing true.

RE: So What Do We Do Without College Sports? - Garrettabc - 03-13-2020 06:33 AM

Why has not Duke come out with a vaccine yet?

So What Do We Do Without College Sports? - georgia_tech_swagger - 03-13-2020 06:36 AM

I wouldn't count out baseball just yet.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using CSNbbs mobile app

RE: So What Do We Do Without College Sports? - TexanMark - 03-13-2020 11:03 AM

Strippers and blow

RE: So What Do We Do Without College Sports? - Hokie Mark - 03-13-2020 11:49 AM

Hmmm... will we see a baby boom this December?
07-coffee3

#LittleTaxDeductions

RE: So What Do We Do Without College Sports? - Kaplony - 03-13-2020 11:50 AM

I'm tempted to go to Mom's house and grab one of the many packs of toilet paper she has stocked up like she has done since she discovered Sam's and Costco many years ago and go to one of the local grocery store parking lots and either auction it off to make a little money or burn it one roll at a time to get entertainment from the horror of all the Karens out there who want to panic buy them and can;t find any because of the other Karens.

RE: So What Do We Do Without College Sports? - Hokie Mark - 03-13-2020 04:29 PM

(03-13-2020 11:50 AM)Kaplony Wrote:  I'm tempted to go to Mom's house and grab one of the many packs of toilet paper she has stocked up like she has done since she discovered Sam's and Costco many years ago and go to one of the local grocery store parking lots and either auction it off to make a little money or burn it one roll at a time to get entertainment from the horror of all the Karens out there who want to panic buy them and can;t find any because of the other Karens.

Buying up all the toilet paper because of an epidemic makes about as much sense as buying up all the milk right before a snow storm...

RE: So What Do We Do Without College Sports? - cuseroc - 03-13-2020 05:30 PM

(03-13-2020 04:29 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  
(03-13-2020 11:50 AM)Kaplony Wrote:  I'm tempted to go to Mom's house and grab one of the many packs of toilet paper she has stocked up like she has done since she discovered Sam's and Costco many years ago and go to one of the local grocery store parking lots and either auction it off to make a little money or burn it one roll at a time to get entertainment from the horror of all the Karens out there who want to panic buy them and can;t find any because of the other Karens.

Buying up all the toilet paper because of an epidemic makes about as much sense as buying up all the milk right before a snow storm...

Yeah, I dont understand what thats all about. Unless diarrhea comes with Corona.

RE: So What Do We Do Without College Sports? - Hokie Mark - 03-13-2020 07:37 PM

(03-13-2020 05:30 PM)cuseroc Wrote:  

Yeah, I dont understand what thats all about. Unless diarrhea comes with Corona.

CDC lists the symptoms as:
  • Fever
  • Cough
  • Shortness of breath

so... no diarrhea.

RE: So What Do We Do Without College Sports? - Garrettabc - 03-13-2020 08:42 PM

Phone book pages works pretty good. Just don’t flush it.

RE: So What Do We Do Without College Sports? - Hokie Mark - 03-13-2020 09:17 PM

(03-13-2020 08:42 PM)Garrettabc Wrote:  Phone book pages works pretty good. Just don’t flush it.

I felt sure you would recommend using University of Florida diplomas.
05-stirthepot

RE: So What Do We Do Without College Sports? - Garrettabc - 03-14-2020 06:39 AM

(03-13-2020 09:17 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  
(03-13-2020 08:42 PM)Garrettabc Wrote:  Phone book pages works pretty good. Just don’t flush it.

I felt sure you would recommend using University of Florida diplomas.
05-stirthepot

Right now would be an appropriate time for a State fan to make a zinger.

I have an Uncle with a UF degree and it served him well as a geologist.

RE: So What Do We Do Without College Sports? - ChrisLords - 03-14-2020 10:01 AM

Except they stop distributing phone books 10 years ago.

RE: So What Do We Do Without College Sports? - Kaplony - 03-14-2020 10:32 AM

Might be because everyone is crapping bricks with hysteria.

Last night me and my wife did our usual evening out. Far less crowded which was fine by me. At one of the places I went to the bathroom. As I was washing my hands the guy next to me had toilet paper wrapped around his neck like a scarf. He told everyone in the bathroom "I'm going to have to fight the women off now!" 03-lmfao Before the night was over there was a woman wearing the TP boa. 04-rock

RE: So What Do We Do Without College Sports? - Hokie Mark - 03-14-2020 11:35 AM

(03-14-2020 10:32 AM)Kaplony Wrote:  

Might be because everyone is crapping bricks with hysteria.

Last night me and my wife did our usual evening out. Far less crowded which was fine by me. At one of the places I went to the bathroom. As I was washing my hands the guy next to me had toilet paper wrapped around his neck like a scarf. He told everyone in the bathroom "I'm going to have to fight the women off now!" 03-lmfao Before the night was over there was a woman wearing the TP boa. 04-rock

Yeah. Taking precautions (washing hands, avoiding big crowds, not shaking hands with strangers, etc.) is just good common sense. Stocking up on toilet paper - not so much.