CSNbbs
Kiki WBB Rookie of the Week - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: James Madison (/forum-685.html)
+----- Thread: Kiki WBB Rookie of the Week (/thread-895885.html)

Kiki WBB Rookie of the Week - ParentofJMUMRDs - 03-10-2020 07:46 AM

Kiki Jefferson was named CAA WBB Rookie of the Week for the 9th time this week!! Congrats to Kiki on a fabulous first season.

If she isn't the slam dunk winner as CAA WBB Rookie of the Year there needs to be an investigation!!

Go Dukes!!

Brian

RE: Kiki WBB Rookie of the Week - jmufan2008 - 03-10-2020 08:24 AM

I was looking for the CAA record for most ROTW honors for a single player. I thought I saw it mentioned at some point, but went back and couldn't find it. I think so far she has about half of the ROTW honors for the season, which is nuts. I know there have been some amazing players come through the CAA that even as freshmen were standouts, but Kiki still has to be up there. Was also cool hearing Sean talk her and how she's peaking at the perfect time. Really enjoyed his conference yesterday.

RE: Kiki WBB Rookie of the Week - Deez Nuts - 03-10-2020 09:17 AM

Elena Delle Donne holds the record with 10 ROTW awards

RE: Kiki WBB Rookie of the Week - LovethoseDukes - 03-10-2020 09:32 AM

(03-10-2020 07:46 AM)ParentofJMUMRDs Wrote:  Kiki Jefferson was named CAA WBB Rookie of the Week for the 9th time this week!! Congrats to Kiki on a fabulous first season.

If she isn't the slam dunk winner as CAA WBB Rookie of the Year there needs to be an investigation!!

Go Dukes!!

Brian

Completely agree.

RE: Kiki WBB Rookie of the Week - jmufan2008 - 03-10-2020 09:57 AM

(03-10-2020 09:17 AM)Deez Nuts Wrote:  Elena Delle Donne holds the record with 10 ROTW awards

Thanks Deez! Figured EDD was the record holder...as she should be.

Anyone know if there will be a ROTW for this week? I feel like they don't do them for the tourney, but would be amazing if Kiki could match EDD with a great tourney week. Either way, being one short of one of the WNBA's biggest stars is super impressive.

RE: Kiki WBB Rookie of the Week - Deez Nuts - 03-10-2020 10:04 AM

Kiki def in good company

RE: Kiki WBB Rookie of the Week - ParentofJMUMRDs - 03-10-2020 10:09 AM

They award the CAA awards before the tournament starts (tonight I think) so there should not be any additional awards except All Tournament Team and MOP award (Most Outstanding Player) for the Tournamant.

Brian

RE: Kiki WBB Rookie of the Week - Wear Purple - 03-10-2020 10:22 AM

I'm usually skeptical when I see video of high school recruits (and at times their AAU/travel ball highlights as well) because it is easy to see level of competition they are playing against that isn't anywhere near what the kid will see at the collegiate level - especially high school games as AAU/travel ball is usually much better levels of competition.

When I saw Kiki's high school video before she entered JMU I knew she was going to be special. She is Kamiah 2.0. It will be really fun watching her continued development over the next 3+ years. Her ceiling is very high. She's already making a huge contribution on a senior-dominated team. I think she will be the defacto team leader for the next 3 years (kinda like Kamiah has been). And yes, as a soph next season. Huge recruiting win by Coach O.

RE: Kiki WBB Rookie of the Week - orange-to-purple - 03-10-2020 10:23 AM

Absolutely Kiki should be ROY. Nobody else even comes close this year!

RE: Kiki WBB Rookie of the Week - HyperDuke - 03-10-2020 10:23 AM

Kiki = beast.

RE: Kiki WBB Rookie of the Week - ParentofJMUMRDs - 03-10-2020 05:27 PM

Kiki does indeed win CAA Rookie of the Year.

Congrats to Kiki and also Kamiah, Kayla, Jackie and Rayne.

Brian