CSNbbs
MBB Game #27 - Drexel - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CAAbbs (/forum-676.html)
+---- Forum: CAA Conference Talk (/forum-677.html)
+----- Forum: William & Mary (/forum-691.html)
+----- Thread: MBB Game #27 - Drexel (/thread-894261.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

MBB Game #27 - Drexel - Tribeheart - 02-12-2020 12:17 AM

Before we get carried away with Delaware, I believe there is a little game with Drexel, who kicked our a$$ and started our downward spiral. Some retribution is warranted, is it not?

Go Tribe!

RE: MBB Game #27 - Drexel - bubbadog57 - 02-12-2020 06:21 AM

The games tomorrow night and Saturday afternoon are our chance to regroup and bounce back from the recent downward spiral...we really need to win both.

RE: MBB Game #27 - Drexel - dan10 - 02-12-2020 08:21 AM

I say keeping looking forward to Delaware so that we can steal a road victory. In all honesty I am expecting a very close game. Knight will get his, even though him vs Butler will be fun. I hope your other guys settle for 3's as our 3 point defense has been pretty good. If you are settling for 3's vs attacking the basket I like Drexel's chances.

RE: MBB Game #27 - Drexel - NC Tribe - 02-13-2020 07:56 AM

Tribe is a 6 point favorite tonight.

I don't gamble, but if I did, I sure wouldn't put money on the Tribe.

I know that spreads start out based on the commuter rankings plus adjustment for home court, but I would lean towards recent results versus the computer.

I hope i am wrong and the Tribe wins and covers, but I wouldn't predict this.

RE: MBB Game #27 - Drexel - billymac - 02-13-2020 09:05 AM

Hope they had a good week of practice, working on beating the press and opening up the offense. Drexel has the athletes to make us pay, if we can't handle the pressure.

RE: MBB Game #27 - Drexel - dan10 - 02-13-2020 09:43 AM

As much as I would like to see us pressure you guys with your recent struggles, I dont see that as part of our gameplan. We have really not pressed much in general this season as our halfcourt defense is not strong enough. Essentially pressing leads to easy baskets for our opponents and we are not good at staying in front of our man. I think we should apply some pressure in spots, but I feel like if we press right out of the gate it will actually get your guys in a good rhythm. I think we would be better off putting pressure in the half court and make you beat us from 3

RE: MBB Game #27 - Drexel - LION KING - 02-13-2020 09:59 AM

(02-13-2020 09:43 AM)dan10 Wrote:  As much as I would like to see us pressure you guys with your recent struggles, I dont see that as part of our gameplan. We have really not pressed much in general this season as our halfcourt defense is not strong enough. Essentially pressing leads to easy baskets for our opponents and we are not good at staying in front of our man. I think we should apply some pressure in spots, but I feel like if we press right out of the gate it will actually get your guys in a good rhythm. I think we would be better off putting pressure in the half court and make you beat us from 3

Dan, you must be the Coach !!!04-rock02-13-bananaCOGS

RE: MBB Game #27 - Drexel - LION KING - 02-13-2020 10:02 AM

(02-13-2020 09:59 AM)LION KING Wrote:  
(02-13-2020 09:43 AM)dan10 Wrote:  As much as I would like to see us pressure you guys with your recent struggles, I dont see that as part of our gameplan. We have really not pressed much in general this season as our halfcourt defense is not strong enough. Essentially pressing leads to easy baskets for our opponents and we are not good at staying in front of our man. I think we should apply some pressure in spots, but I feel like if we press right out of the gate it will actually get your guys in a good rhythm. I think we would be better off putting pressure in the half court and make you beat us from 3

When did you take over ?

RE: MBB Game #27 - Drexel - dan10 - 02-13-2020 10:07 AM

(02-13-2020 10:02 AM)LION KING Wrote:  

When did you take over ?

Always one of those in a crowd, huh? Fan's/Alumni have an attachment to programs and when discussing those team's are allowed to use "us" and "we". But go ahead and play literal.

RE: MBB Game #27 - Drexel - WMTRIBE75 - 02-13-2020 12:23 PM

(02-13-2020 10:07 AM)dan10 Wrote:  
(02-13-2020 10:02 AM)LION KING Wrote:  

When did you take over ?

Always one of those in a crowd, huh? Fan's/Alumni have an attachment to programs and when discussing those team's are allowed to use "us" and "we". But go ahead and play literal.

"We" do the same thing here. If you check our threads out you will see that our boards are loaded with honorary coaches. I am sure that Lion King's comments were good natured as we enjoy your input.

As one of our honorary coaches, I do believe that your coach left your starters in after we had already waved the white flag and emptied our bench. I suspect our guys might see it the same way. I surely hope so as we can use any edge that we can find these days, imagined or real.

RE: MBB Game #27 - Drexel - dan10 - 02-13-2020 01:52 PM

Fair enough about not subbing guys out early enough. Problem is much of our roster gets regular time so its hard to decipher when the reserves are playing and when they are not. It is also more difficult since we have 1 point guard in Cam Wynter. so whenever we need to spell him we have to rely on a shooting guard (typically Juric) to handle the ball and he is not a good ball handler. For a team that is good at giving up big runs as well as turning the ball over, I also fully understand some hesitation in fully handing it over to others. That said, in blow outs, those are good opportunities to get meaningful minutes for others that you will likely need later in the year.

I would also say, with that being a win over a team above us in the standings, sometimes there are points to be made in getting a team to appreciate and enjoy winning basketball games. Some of that came off more to me as our coach trying to get our players to get what winning feels like as a method in trying to encourage them going forward on how to play and perform and harness positive energy. It is a tough balance, especially for a team that has done a lot of losing.

I hope you guys focus on Saturday. Delaware is a good opponent right now and you wouldn't want them spoiling Marcus's day. That game is far more important than this one. 04-cheers

MBB Game #27 - Drexel - Tribal - 02-13-2020 06:01 PM

Tribe favored by 5.5 with a 72% chance to win.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

RE: MBB Game #27 - Drexel - Tribe32 - 02-13-2020 06:23 PM

I'm worried. Butler is pretty stout around the basket. Walton killed us last time. Barnes didn't play for us and Van Vliet struggled. I think if we can get points in the paint and make Butler work hard or get in foul trouble we can win this one. They really only have three scorers. Hopefully the team got some needed rest and mental health.

RE: MBB Game #27 - Drexel - billymac - 02-13-2020 06:37 PM

Scott not playing tonight, with a lower leg injury suffered in practice yesterday.

It is a day-to-day injury.

MBB Game #27 - Drexel - Naptown Tribe - 02-13-2020 07:07 PM

Great energy to start!

That dunk by Nate!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MBB Game #27 - Drexel - Naptown Tribe - 02-13-2020 07:08 PM

Bryce Barnes scoring more tonight than the previous month combined (hyperbole)

MBB Game #27 - Drexel - Naptown Tribe - 02-13-2020 07:12 PM

(02-13-2020 06:37 PM)billymac Wrote:  Scott not playing tonight, with a lower leg injury suffered in practice yesterday.

It is a day-to-day injury.

Scott back in the boot on the bench

RE: MBB Game #27 - Drexel - billymac - 02-13-2020 07:13 PM

5 of 7 to start. Let's keep it up.

RE: MBB Game #27 - Drexel - Zorch - 02-13-2020 07:21 PM

Hermanovskis took a shot and I almost fainted. Unfortunately, he missed a reverse layup.

RE: MBB Game #27 - Drexel - billymac - 02-13-2020 07:27 PM

8-0 run over the past couple minutes.