CSNbbs
Bowls Games Remaining - Tech, WKU and USM - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: Bowls Games Remaining - Tech, WKU and USM (/thread-891168.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Bowls Games Remaining - Tech, WKU and USM - Dawgxas - 12-25-2019 12:52 PM

This will be the stretch where CUSA can make up some ground, both WKU and USM have a good shot in winning their bowl games.

In my opinion, Miami will be the toughest opponent. They are a few scores from going to an NY6 bowl, beat multiple winning teams and a ranked team. Tech will have it's hands full with Miami and Holtz will need to pull out some tricks to win. Manny Diaz and DC Blake Baker both worked for Holtz at Tech. Miami has more talent than Tech plus Diaz knows Holtz. Edge to Miami

I think WKU will beat Western Michigan. Sure they beat a bunch of weak MAC teams but their bowl record is 1-8

USM has to protect Abraham, give him time to set up and throw. As long as USM plays to Abraham's strengths, short passes and time to throw, I think USM can win.

RE: Bowls Games Remaining - Tech, WKU and USM - Dawgxas - 12-25-2019 01:04 PM

CUSA needs a Tech win. The Independence Bowl will have the highest TV rating of CUSA bowl games. Love or Hate them The U will draw eyeballs

RE: Bowls Games Remaining - Tech, WKU and USM - rileylives - 12-25-2019 01:07 PM

Appalachian State is better than Miami.

Unfortunately, one of our two P5 wins this year was against Miami. Can we go 2-0 on the U?

I have Miami, WKU and Tulane picked to win.

*edited

RE: Bowls Games Remaining - Tech, WKU and USM - goliath74 - 12-25-2019 01:08 PM

(12-25-2019 01:07 PM)rileylives Wrote:  Appalachian State is better than Miami.

Unfortunately, our only P5 win this year was against Miami. Can we go 2-0 on the U?

I am not sure about that. Miami's loss to FIU is not defining of it's strength. Miami, certainly, has better players.

RE: Bowls Games Remaining - Tech, WKU and USM - Dawgxas - 12-25-2019 01:23 PM

(12-25-2019 01:08 PM)goliath74 Wrote:  

Unfortunately, our only P5 win this year was against Miami. Can we go 2-0 on the U?

I am not sure about that. Miami's loss to FIU is not defining of it's strength. Miami, certainly, has better players.

Yeah it's almost comical that some think Appalachian State is better than Miami. Miami beat Florida State, Louisville, #24 Virginia (ACC runner-up), Pittsburgh, and a 4-point loss to #6 Florida plus multiple one score losses.

Yes their record is 6-6 but a few scores from going to the ACC championship game

Meanwhile Appalachian State beat ULM, Coastal Carolina, South Alabama, Texas State and lost 7-6 Georgia Southern (lost to Liberty bowl game)

RE: Bowls Games Remaining - Tech, WKU and USM - Dawgxas - 12-25-2019 01:28 PM

CUSA OPOY J'Mar Smith will be playing so Tech has a chance against Miami. Amik Robertson will be sitting out for the NFL Draft but Miami also has multiple players sitting out for the NFL Draft

RE: Bowls Games Remaining - Tech, WKU and USM - rileylives - 12-25-2019 01:38 PM

(12-25-2019 01:23 PM)Dawgxas Wrote:  

Yeah it's almost comical that some think Appalachian State is better than Miami. Miami beat Florida State, Louisville, #24 Virginia (ACC runner-up), Pittsburgh, and a 4-point loss to #6 Florida plus multiple one score losses.

Yes their record is 6-6 but a few scores from going to the ACC championship game

Meanwhile Appalachian State beat ULM, Coastal Carolina, South Alabama, Texas State and lost 7-6 Georgia Southern (lost to Liberty bowl game)

Tit for tat. You have your own reasonable opinion on Miami, and I have mine in Appalachian State.

Look, Appalachian State just rocked our CUSA runner up, and will finish the season ranked.

Miami lost six times, once to a mediocre FIU team.

You see it one way, I see it another.

RE: Bowls Games Remaining - Tech, WKU and USM - Tech80 - 12-25-2019 01:45 PM

Didn't CUSA have another P5 win this year? FIU over Miami and …..???

RE: Bowls Games Remaining - Tech, WKU and USM - Seminowl - 12-25-2019 01:47 PM

(12-25-2019 01:45 PM)Tech80 Wrote:  

WKU over Arkansas

RE: Bowls Games Remaining - Tech, WKU and USM - rileylives - 12-25-2019 01:51 PM

(12-25-2019 01:47 PM)Seminowl Wrote:  
(12-25-2019 01:45 PM)Tech80 Wrote:  

WKU over Arkansas

Ah, thanks guys I was wrong. IDK where or why I thought Miami was our only win.

Corrected.

RE: Bowls Games Remaining - Tech, WKU and USM - Cardiff - 12-25-2019 02:05 PM

Miami/FL had a mediocre season. Yeah they had some solid wins, but they lost to Duke, FIU and Georgia Tech. And beat Central Michigan by 5 pts.

RE: Bowls Games Remaining - Tech, WKU and USM - Franko - 12-25-2019 02:13 PM

You have to give them credit for beating South Carolina and North Carolina on the road. All of CUSA only has 2 power 5 wins all season.

RE: Bowls Games Remaining - Tech, WKU and USM - HogDawg - 12-25-2019 02:15 PM

(12-25-2019 01:38 PM)rileylives Wrote:  

Tit for tat. You have your own reasonable opinion on Miami, and I have mine in Appalachian State.

Look, Appalachian State just rocked our CUSA runner up, and will finish the season ranked.

Miami lost six times, once to a mediocre FIU team.

You see it one way, I see it another.

Doesn't matter. I'm interested in what is good for LA Tech.

I met a guy on Sunday who's been a huge Bama fan for decades. It's a family thing for him. Without any knowledge of who my school is, or who we're playing in a bowl game, he said the one team he still hates the most till this day is Miami. Paraphrasing, he said they play dirty, they're mean and he can't wait until Saban's Alabama plays Miami again. I swear this conversation went down just like THIS!

So, that's when I stepped in and told him who my school is (LA Tech) and the fact that we play Miami in a Bowl game. I could tell he was a little shocked. First, he new all about LA Tech beating Bama twice 2 decades ago (remember, this is a family thing for him), and he said he was "very jealous" that LA Tech gets to play Miami this bowl season and Alabama doesn't.

For the record, this guy had no idea what Miami's 2019 record is and he didn't care. But he convinced me that there's a lot of Miami "haters" still out there, and they will be tuning in to watch this game. This conversation also confirmed my theory that LA Tech is MUCH better off playing a 6-6 Miami in the Indy Bowl vs playing a nationally ranked Appalachian State team. The Indy Bowl should get some very good TV ratings considering the opponent is Miami.

Again, my interest is in the best outcome for LA Tech.

BTW, after talking to some casual college football fans, I'm convinced that LA Tech will be America's favorite team for about 3 hours Thursday afternoon. We just need to take advantage of it.

RE: Bowls Games Remaining - Tech, WKU and USM - Cardiff - 12-25-2019 02:47 PM

HogDawg, its great that you want what is best for La. Tech.

But nothing that you said has anything to do with whether Miami is a better (or worse) football team than Appalachian State.

RE: Bowls Games Remaining - Tech, WKU and USM - goliath74 - 12-25-2019 03:12 PM

Hating "the U" is somewhat out of fashion today. They are a far less relevant team than they had been in 1980-2005.

RE: Bowls Games Remaining - Tech, WKU and USM - winston70 - 12-25-2019 03:19 PM

I'll be happy if we win the last 3 bowl games

RE: Bowls Games Remaining - Tech, WKU and USM - ShrackUAB - 12-25-2019 04:12 PM

App State would beat Miami 70% of the time

They would've won 8 to 10 games with Miami's schedule. The ACC is incredibly weak and App State is a good team. Take away Clemson (not on Miami's schedule) and the ACC drops below the AAC is terms of overall strength

RE: Bowls Games Remaining - Tech, WKU and USM - goliath74 - 12-25-2019 04:25 PM

(12-25-2019 04:12 PM)ShrackUAB Wrote:  App State would beat Miami 70% of the time

They would've won 8 to 10 games with Miami's schedule. The ACC is incredibly weak and App State is a good team. Take away Clemson (not on Miami's schedule) and the ACC drops below the AAC is terms of overall strength

I do not think App State would have defeated a 24th-ranked Virginia or lost to 8th-ranked Florida by only 4 points.

RE: Bowls Games Remaining - Tech, WKU and USM - MAN4UAB - 12-25-2019 04:33 PM

Good luck to WKU, USM and La Tech in their bowl games.

RE: Bowls Games Remaining - Tech, WKU and USM - nastybunch - 12-25-2019 04:53 PM

If USM has gotten some of our injured back, we have a shot of winning. Offensive line must give Abraham time to throw.