CSNbbs
Anticipated Frisco Tix if NDSU/JMU matchup - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: James Madison (/forum-685.html)
+----- Thread: Anticipated Frisco Tix if NDSU/JMU matchup (/thread-889903.html)

Pages: 1 2

Anticipated Frisco Tix if NDSU/JMU matchup - lessercc - 12-08-2019 08:54 AM

Our last meeting it was gangbusters to get tickets. Have they added any additional seating? There’s about 1900 tickets currently on Stubhub, I remember them evaporating quickly it seemed once NDSU officially punched their stamp to Frisco. Just wanted to gauge the boards thoughts.

RE: Anticipated Frisco Tix if NDSU/JMU matchup - JMURocks - 12-08-2019 09:10 AM

(12-08-2019 08:54 AM)lessercc Wrote:  Our last meeting it was gangbusters to get tickets. Have they added any additional seating? There’s about 1900 tickets currently on Stubhub, I remember them evaporating quickly it seemed once NDSU officially punched their stamp to Frisco. Just wanted to gauge the boards thoughts.

Generally, the better place to buy/sell Playoff tickets is here:
https://www.ncaa.com/tickets/football/fcs

Can’t believe I’m recommending this, but I’d consider waiting until the 1st quarter or so of the NDSU/MSU game. Not end of game though unless MSU is winning.

NDSU probably has 60-80% of the non-school allotment inventory locked up with their fans. Once they have the semi-final game “in hand”, the rush to purchase the remaining (resale) tickets will be on.

On the other hand, I think there is at least 50-50 odds they lose to MSU now, and if that happens they will be dumping a ton of seats.

JMU will have approx 4,000 seats from memory if we make it there, but those will go fast to Duke club members with high points. Don’t recall the exact cutoff last time. The other seats were all sold back in August, though sometimes SRO tickets are issued close to the event.

RE: Anticipated Frisco Tix if NDSU/JMU matchup - Wear Purple - 12-08-2019 10:05 AM

(12-08-2019 08:54 AM)lessercc Wrote:  Our last meeting it was gangbusters to get tickets. Have they added any additional seating? There’s about 1900 tickets currently on Stubhub, I remember them evaporating quickly it seemed once NDSU officially punched their stamp to Frisco. Just wanted to gauge the boards thoughts.

Buy now

RE: Anticipated Frisco Tix if NDSU/JMU matchup - Purple - 12-08-2019 01:52 PM

I think there is a decent chance that the smelly Bisons will not make it to Frisco. If that happens, they will begin unloading the surplus of tickets they have and they should be going cheap.

RE: Anticipated Frisco Tix if NDSU/JMU matchup - White Hall - 12-09-2019 12:10 AM

Once the hype died down and they made SRO tix available, I recall prices coming way down and by the morning of the game, tix were easily had for face value. The question is do you want to take the risk of paying for a plane ticket and hotel room and going down there without a ticket in hand.

RE: Anticipated Frisco Tix if NDSU/JMU matchup - JMURocks - 12-09-2019 07:50 AM

(12-09-2019 12:10 AM)White Hall Wrote:  Once the hype died down and they made SRO tix available, I recall prices coming way down and by the morning of the game, tix were easily had for face value. The question is do you want to take the risk of paying for a plane ticket and hotel room and going down there without a ticket in hand.

Sort of the same observation, but if you wait for SRO tix to become available, plane tickets will be scarce and expensive, especially for the Washington DC airports. That will exceed your ticket savings most likely. So SRO path may require either buying airfare in advance with some risk, or driving/bus to texas.

SRO tix have been available the past 5 years I believe, though technically no guarantee, and not as nice for some of us as having seats. It is a less expensive option if needed.

Full disclosure: I purchased my seats in August and usually advocate that path. That feels like the lowest risk approach to me, though some people do disagree, and argue otherwise. IF you can find seats at prices you find fair/attractive right now, that may be better than waiting until the semis. By end of semis, prices are almost certain to explode for at least a week or so, and if/when they come down, travel prices will be high.

RE: Anticipated Frisco Tix if NDSU/JMU matchup - formerjmusprinter84 - 12-09-2019 08:19 AM

In 2016 I bought tickets on the secondary market, I think the NCAA link (when NDSU didn't make it and there were plenty available that their fans were trying to unload.
2017 I tried to get tickets through JMU, got rejected (guess not enough points), then bought 2 tickets from a JMU season ticket holder, then JMU contacted me and said there were some tickets left that I could buy.
This season I had a good feeling about the team and Cig and bought tickets and got a hotel room near the stadium in August

RE: Anticipated Frisco Tix if NDSU/JMU matchup - Dukester - 12-09-2019 03:11 PM

(12-08-2019 01:52 PM)Purple Wrote:  I think there is a decent chance that the smelly Bisons will not make it to Frisco. If that happens, they will begin unloading the surplus of tickets they have and they should be going cheap.

Yep - you've thought poorly of them all year.

RE: Anticipated Frisco Tix if NDSU/JMU matchup - BDKJMU - 12-09-2019 03:55 PM

Before construction stadium capacity was listed at 20.5k.
The article I saw pre and during construction said when completed the stadium capacity would be the same.
Stadium capacity still listed at 20.5k in various online sources.

Listed NC attendance last 4 seasons:
2015 NDSU/JSU: 21,836
2016 JMU/YSU: 14,423 (Construction shortened capacity of 16?k) (Also a CF, reports of not all tickets scanned)
2017 NDSU/JMU: 19,090 (Included 1k SRO, so a construction shortened capacity of 18?k)
2018 NDSU/EWU: 17,802 (Done construction/Not a sellout).

If the various reports from before and during construction were right, there should be another 2k+ or so seats available than in 2017. But obviously for a JMU/NDSU that wouldn't be remotely close enough. Would need more like 10-15k more seats.

As I recall, each school got 5.3k allotment in 2017 for 18k stadium.
Rocks has pointed out each school now gets 4k allotment (in a 20k+ stadium).
Not sure why a smaller school allotment even though a couple k more seats.

RE: Anticipated Frisco Tix if NDSU/JMU matchup - Dukester - 12-09-2019 04:02 PM

(12-09-2019 03:55 PM)BDKJMU Wrote:  Before construction stadium capacity was listed at 20.5k.
The article I saw pre and during construction said when completed the stadium capacity would be the same.

2016 JMU/YSU: 14,423 (Construction shortened capacity of 16?k) (Also a CF, reports of not all tickets scanned)
2017 NDSU/JMU: 19,090 (Included 1k SRO, so a construction shortened capacity of 18?k)

If the various reports from before and during construction were right, there should be another 2k+ or so seats available than in 2017. But obviously for a JMU/NDSU that wouldn't be remotely close enough. Would need more like 10-15k more seats.

I'd guess it's because unless JMU and NDSU are in the NC 5.3k allotments would not be sold out. Sell more in advance and then it's easier to sell out 4k allotments on the back end.

RE: Anticipated Frisco Tix if NDSU/JMU matchup - Chalupa Batman - 12-09-2019 07:07 PM

(12-09-2019 04:02 PM)Dukester Wrote:  
(12-09-2019 03:55 PM)BDKJMU Wrote:  Before construction stadium capacity was listed at 20.5k.

I'd guess it's because unless JMU and NDSU are in the NC 5.3k allotments would not be sold out. Sell more in advance and then it's easier to sell out 4k allotments on the back end.

IIRC in 2017 Toyota Stadium had some sections become ready for use last minute, and instead of selling them to the general public they just added on to each teams' allotment.

RE: Anticipated Frisco Tix if NDSU/JMU matchup - JMURocks - 12-09-2019 07:38 PM

(12-09-2019 07:07 PM)Chalupa Batman Wrote:  
(12-09-2019 04:02 PM)Dukester Wrote:  

IIRC in 2017 Toyota Stadium had some sections become ready for use last minute, and instead of selling them to the general public they just added on to each teams' allotment.

Yep. The extra 1.3k for each team were part of the endzone seating that NCAA didn’t know if would be available when they sold the general public tickets. JMU provided those to students / SDC at a good price as I recalll. Pretty sure this year they sold those seats along with other endzone seats in the August general sale. The “normal” school allotment is 4K prime sideline seats, and the 1.3k endzone seats were really just a one time bonus as far as I can tell.

Haven’t seen anything from JMU directly on this, but most likely either students won’t be included, or the supply for DC members will be tighter this year.

A JMU email from August said the 2018 threshold was 110 points, but is expected to be "much higher" this year and "it is highly encouraged to purchase thru NCAA in advance during the presale". Hopefully many of us did so.

RE: Anticipated Frisco Tix if NDSU/JMU matchup - JMU_71 - 12-10-2019 01:35 PM

Well, I just called the ticket office to buy my ticket and inquired about the price of Frisco tickets. I know they were $75 the last two times we went, but I didn't know if there has been an increase. Our ticket office didn't have that info. If they don't have that info, I doubt they know for sure what their allotment will be.

RE: Anticipated Frisco Tix if NDSU/JMU matchup - JMURocks - 12-10-2019 04:35 PM

(12-10-2019 01:35 PM)JMU_71 Wrote:  Well, I just called the ticket office to buy my ticket and inquired about the price of Frisco tickets. I know they were $75 the last two times we went, but I didn't know if there has been an increase. Our ticket office didn't have that info. If they don't have that info, I doubt they know for sure what their allotment will be.

The allotment is published in the championship manual. I haven’t been able to get a link to this years, but for the past 5+ years it has been 4K seats. We got lucky with construction in 2017 and had a bonus from last minute seats being added. Not the case this year, and it was clear the endzone was being sold during the August presale for anyone who participated in that sale.

Bottom line - I believe the JMU email from August ... anyone without significantly higher than 110 DC points will need to find tickets elsewhere.

Root for MSU to beat the bizon, otherwise ticket prices are going to spike again this year.

Just glanced at StubHub - and actually consider prices quite reasonable right now, unless you are insisting on prime sideline seats. The endzone seats are only marginally more than they were going for in August I believe. The stadium has good views everywhere imo - there are no obstructed views or super high seats like in NFL stadiums.

RE: Anticipated Frisco Tix if NDSU/JMU matchup - BDKJMU - 12-10-2019 06:20 PM

(12-10-2019 04:35 PM)JMURocks Wrote:  
(12-10-2019 01:35 PM)JMU_71 Wrote:  Well, I just called the ticket office to buy my ticket and inquired about the price of Frisco tickets. I know they were $75 the last two times we went, but I didn't know if there has been an increase. Our ticket office didn't have that info. If they don't have that info, I doubt they know for sure what their allotment will be.

The allotment is published in the championship manual. I haven’t been able to get a link to this years, but for the past 5+ years it has been 4K seats. We got lucky with construction in 2017 and had a bonus from last minute seats being added. Not the case this year, and it was clear the endzone was being sold during the August presale for anyone who participated in that sale.

Bottom line - I believe the JMU email from August ... anyone without significantly higher than 110 DC points will need to find tickets elsewhere.

Root for MSU to beat the bizon, otherwise ticket prices are going to spike again this year.

Just glanced at StubHub - and actually consider prices quite reasonable right now, unless you are insisting on prime sideline seats. The endzone seats are only marginally more than they were going for in August I believe. The stadium has good views everywhere imo - there are no obstructed views or super high seats like in NFL stadiums.

Well if you consider good views sideline seats being a country mile from the action where the seats are far enough away there could be a track..
[Image: mega_fcs_football_champs_frisco.jpg]

RE: Anticipated Frisco Tix if NDSU/JMU matchup - JMURocks - 12-10-2019 06:33 PM

That overhead aerial view is higher up than anyone actually sits.

I’ve been in Row 25 before and enjoyed the view, in fact I prefer the upper rows there. A better representation of what it’s like:

https://aviewfrommyseat.com/photo/65986/Toyota+Stadium/section-106/row-8/seat-12/

I walked around the stadium and never felt like I had a crappy view. It felt better in person than some of the photos I’ve seen.

Not to mention the atmosphere was pure electric in the stadium for the entire game. To me that topped almost every single game I’ve ever seen in BFS ... both in Jan 2017 and Jan 2018.

Anticipated Frisco Tix if NDSU/JMU matchup - 84Breeze - 12-10-2019 07:19 PM

(12-10-2019 06:33 PM)JMURocks Wrote:  That overhead aerial view is higher up than anyone actually sits.

I’ve been in Row 25 before and enjoyed the view, in fact I prefer the upper rows there. A better representation of what it’s like:

https://aviewfrommyseat.com/photo/65986/Toyota+Stadium/section-106/row-8/seat-12/

I walked around the stadium and never felt like I had a crappy view. It felt better in person than some of the photos I’ve seen.

Not to mention the atmosphere was pure electric in the stadium for the entire game. To me that topped almost every single game I’ve ever seen in BFS ... both in Jan 2017 and Jan 2018.

Agree! I went to both of our games there and there really are not any bad seats. If it is JMU-NDSU just get in the stadium. The atmosphere will be off the charts. Go Dukes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Anticipated Frisco Tix if NDSU/JMU matchup - Jay M. Youix - 12-10-2019 09:19 PM

(12-10-2019 06:33 PM)JMURocks Wrote:  Not to mention the atmosphere was pure electric in the stadium for the entire game. To me that topped almost every single game I’ve ever seen in BFS ... both in Jan 2017 and Jan 2018.

(12-10-2019 07:19 PM)84Breeze Wrote:  Agree! I went to both of our games there and there really are not any bad seats. If it is JMU-NDSU just get in the stadium. The atmosphere will be off the charts. Go Dukes!

i went to both games also and agree about the atmosphere, especially against NDSU. playing YSU was fun because it was all JMU fans. but 2018 was super intense. if the rematch happens again, it is guaranteed to be a wild game.

RE: Anticipated Frisco Tix if NDSU/JMU matchup - dukes5 - 12-10-2019 09:23 PM

We were lucky in 2017 when Youngstown gave up a bunch of their tickets which JMU picked up.

Sent from my FRD-L14 using CSNbbs mobile app

RE: Anticipated Frisco Tix if NDSU/JMU matchup - JMURocks - 12-10-2019 10:49 PM

(12-10-2019 09:23 PM)dukes5 Wrote:  We were lucky in 2017 when Youngstown gave up a bunch of their tickets which JMU picked up.

Sent from my FRD-L14 using CSNbbs mobile app

Agreed ... in some respects we lucked out twice with bonus allocations. The only way we luck out this time is if the Bison don't make it.

Due to some complaints, the NCAA instituted a new policy preventing the YSU scenario, which is stupid imo. I guess they would either have another public sale, require the school to eat/sell/give away those seats, or allow them to go vacant if it happened again.