CSNbbs
Man, this is great... (Adam Smith) - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: James Madison (/forum-685.html)
+----- Thread: Man, this is great... (Adam Smith) (/thread-889629.html)

Man, this is great... (Adam Smith) - Wear Purple - 12-05-2019 02:21 PM

Love stuff like this... https://jmusports.com/feature/completecircuit

RE: Man, this is great... (Adam Smith) - AssyrianDuke - 12-05-2019 02:34 PM

There have been a few of these, and it's a great way to learn about our student-athletes off the field and in their personal lives. Excited to read more of these in the future.

Man, this is great... (Adam Smith) - JMU85 - 12-05-2019 02:54 PM

An amazing young Man.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

RE: Man, this is great... (Adam Smith) - boozeANDammo - 12-05-2019 03:07 PM

...and that's why we donate back to the school we love. Great read.

RE: Man, this is great... (Adam Smith) - Anders - 12-05-2019 03:35 PM

Great read. Happy for everything he has accomplished and how hard he worked.

RE: Man, this is great... (Adam Smith) - Dukesfan1971 - 12-05-2019 04:21 PM

Thanks for sharing. Impressive young man.

RE: Man, this is great... (Adam Smith) - ShadyP - 12-05-2019 04:23 PM

Great article and impressive young man!!

RE: Man, this is great... (Adam Smith) - Purple - 12-05-2019 06:13 PM

Fantastic. Adam is an inspiring young man. He will do well in whatever he chooses.

RE: Man, this is great... (Adam Smith) - Hart Foundation - 12-05-2019 08:46 PM

That was a nice peak into his 4 years. I didn’t know about the torn biceps tendon.

Man, this is great... (Adam Smith) - JMU_71 - 12-05-2019 11:27 PM

(12-05-2019 06:13 PM)Purple Wrote:  Fantastic. Adam is an inspiring young man. He will do well in whatever he chooses.

Yep, good stuff. Any company would be fortunate to hire him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Man, this is great... (Adam Smith) - Halz87 - 12-06-2019 08:01 AM

Great post! mad respect and it made my morning

RE: Man, this is great... (Adam Smith) - Dukes1987 - 12-06-2019 10:41 AM

(12-06-2019 08:01 AM)Halz87 Wrote:  Great post! mad respect and it made my morning

Love this article. Love to hear that we give players opportunities to study in any field they choose.

Also, a Spider friend of mine (yes, there are some good ones) sent me a couple of comments from one of their message boards the other day stating that they believe that they are not allowed to recruit the same players as JMU. First, Richmond would love a kid like this. Second, it looks like they offered a lot of our recruits and many of the players they didn’t offer had offers from sone very impressive academic schools. Third, I really don’t care (neither does my friend), but I did enjoy the whining.

Go Dukes!

RE: Man, this is great... (Adam Smith) - ShadyP - 12-06-2019 11:56 AM

(12-06-2019 10:41 AM)Dukes1987 Wrote:  
(12-06-2019 08:01 AM)Halz87 Wrote:  Great post! mad respect and it made my morning

Love this article. Love to hear that we give players opportunities to study in any field they choose.

Also, a Spider friend of mine (yes, there are some good ones) sent me a couple of comments from one of their message boards the other day stating that they believe that they are not allowed to recruit the same players as JMU. First, Richmond would love a kid like this. Second, it looks like they offered a lot of our recruits and many of the players they didn’t offer had offers from sone very impressive academic schools. Third, I really don’t care (neither does my friend), but I did enjoy the whining.

Go Dukes!

I would actually say it is the opposite.....being a private school Richmond actually has much more discretion with regard to the kids/athletes they choose to recruit than does JMU.

Statements like that are rationales for losing and slipping.

There are very few schools anymore that recruit a bunch of high risk academically and/or low character players.....it simply is not worth and the risks far out weigh the potential benefits. No having said that are almost all schools will to roll the dice every now and then on a limited number of kids/athletes (maybe 1 or 2 per class).....of course they do. Do some athletes at almost all schools get admitted with HS grades/test scores that would not get a non-athlete accepted.....of course. Do I think it is an issue in small numbers especially if coupled with high character kids, not at all.

RE: Man, this is great... (Adam Smith) - JMU_71 - 12-06-2019 01:27 PM

If we win this weekend we're getting the Friday night game. It'll be cold, dark and perfect. No rain on Friday (12/13) night.

RE: Man, this is great... (Adam Smith) - ShadyP - 12-06-2019 02:55 PM

(12-06-2019 01:27 PM)JMU_71 Wrote:  If we win this weekend we're getting the Friday night game. It'll be cold, dark and perfect. No rain on Friday (12/13) night.

For sure......being the only eastern time zone team. That would be awesome!!!