CSNbbs
Tulane Football Coach Willie Fritz interviewing with both Arkansas & Mizzou - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: Tulane Football Coach Willie Fritz interviewing with both Arkansas & Mizzou (/thread-889442.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Tulane Football Coach Willie Fritz interviewing with both Arkansas & Mizzou - Greenwavedrownsacat - 12-03-2019 05:01 PM

https://mobile.twitter.com/dennisdoddcbs/status/1201971649802842114

I think this is all smoke. Those two jobs are in areas he has experiance in (he coaches football in Missouri for 15 years) and I think he would take either job. But I think Tulane’s collapse (started 5–1, ended 1-5) leads to him being unpalatable to any big time school. He still has a losing record at Tulane, and went 7-6 and 6-6 in the last 2 years.

Hope he stays but not the end of the world if he leaves. There are 4 good options to replace him (Uab coach, ULL Napier, La Tech Holts & our Oc Hall).

RE: Tulane Football Coach Willie Fritz interviewing with both Arkansas & Mizzou - shere khan - 12-03-2019 05:10 PM

Agents gonna agent

RE: Tulane Football Coach Willie Fritz interviewing with both Arkansas & Mizzou - Poseidon - 12-03-2019 05:18 PM

(12-03-2019 05:01 PM)Greenwavedrownsacat Wrote:  https://mobile.twitter.com/dennisdoddcbs/status/1201971649802842114

I think this is all smoke. Those two jobs are in areas he has experiance in (he coaches football in Missouri for 15 years) and I think he would take either job. But I think Tulane’s collapse (started 5–1, ended 1-5) leads to him being unpalatable to any big time school. He still has a losing record at Tulane, and went 7-6 and 6-6 in the last 2 years.

Hope he stays but not the end of the world if he leaves. There are 4 good options to replace him (Uab coach, ULL Napier, La Tech Holts & our Oc Hall).

Uab coach- would be a good hir but he hasn't left the state of Alabama his entire career. He probably only leaves for Auburn or Alabama.

ULL Napier - would be another good hire, but his next stop is probably a P5 school

La Tech Holts - no thank you,

our Oc Hall - he hasn't proven he 's even a better than OK, his doesn't have the CV, he would be too much of a risk.

RE: Tulane Football Coach Willie Fritz interviewing with both Arkansas & Mizzou - Greenwavedrownsacat - 12-03-2019 05:30 PM

It’s hard to believe either fan base would accept Fritz given that he hasn’t finished better than 7-6 at Tulane. If we finished with 8-9 wins this year that’s another story

RE: Tulane Football Coach Willie Fritz interviewing with both Arkansas & Mizzou - Crazier - 12-03-2019 05:36 PM

(12-03-2019 05:30 PM)Greenwavedrownsacat Wrote:  It’s hard to believe either fan base would accept Fritz given that he hasn’t finished better than 7-6 at Tulane. If we finished with 8-9 wins this year that’s another story

Arkansas fans would go crazy

RE: Tulane Football Coach Willie Fritz interviewing with both Arkansas & Mizzou - GREATWAVE! - 12-03-2019 05:39 PM

If Missouri offers he'll definitely go, and they might, but I can't believe he is their first choice. I would think they are looking for a splash hire. I'd be really surprised if Arkansas would hire another AAC coach with a so so record after the Morris debacle. You can argue they are different, but try explaining that to the boosters and season ticket holders.

If Coach Fritz does leave, and this can't be overstated, the Tulane head football coach position is more attractive now than at any time since probably going back to when we turned down Knute Rockne. The AD just needs to pick the right one. He'll have many options.

RE: Tulane Football Coach Willie Fritz interviewing with both Arkansas & Mizzou - Greenwavedrownsacat - 12-03-2019 05:57 PM

Not that we need to, but I believe Tulane could offer $2.5+ Million a year. If willie had that 8+ win season I’m confident we would have done everything in our power to keep him. . . Including offering close to $3m.

RE: Tulane Football Coach Willie Fritz interviewing with both Arkansas & Mizzou - oliveandblue - 12-03-2019 06:04 PM

(12-03-2019 05:57 PM)Greenwavedrownsacat Wrote:  Not that we need to, but I believe Tulane could offer $2.5+ Million a year. If willie had that 8+ win season I’m confident we would have done everything in our power to keep him. . . Including offering close to $3m.

Save it for Hunter. Dude is the kind of guy you define a program with.

Fritz tipped his hand. Get ready to lose a bowl game by 30+ and what was going to be a good recruiting class.

It's for the best that he leaves. I thank him for changing the narrative, and I am not bitter about this situation.

RE: Tulane Football Coach Willie Fritz interviewing with both Arkansas & Mizzou - panicstricken - 12-03-2019 06:39 PM

I like that your dream season ended up being 6-6

RE: Tulane Football Coach Willie Fritz interviewing with both Arkansas & Mizzou - oliveandblue - 12-03-2019 07:06 PM

(12-03-2019 06:39 PM)panicstricken Wrote:  I like that your dream season ended up being 6-6

...except the fanbase isn't impressed.

Dream season was like 10-2. This team was "at expectations".

Mizzou and Arky fans don't want him at all.

RE: Tulane Football Coach Willie Fritz interviewing with both Arkansas & Mizzou - ATL_Eagle - 12-04-2019 08:45 AM

AS A GA SOUTHERN FAN..... I AM SHOCKED.... 07-coffee305-stirthepot

RE: Tulane Football Coach Willie Fritz interviewing with both Arkansas & Mizzou - Fishpro10987 - 12-04-2019 12:20 PM

Toiled in the trenches a long time. He's looking for his payday. Unfortunately 6-6 won't get it.

RE: Tulane Football Coach Willie Fritz interviewing with both Arkansas & Mizzou - mtmedlin - 12-04-2019 04:52 PM

I think he wants Mizzou. Heard somewhere its one of his top schools.

RE: Tulane Football Coach Willie Fritz interviewing with both Arkansas & Mizzou - oliveandblue - 12-04-2019 04:53 PM

(12-04-2019 04:52 PM)mtmedlin Wrote:  I think he wants Mizzou. Heard somewhere its one of his top schools.

Mizzou fans don't want him. If he goes he'll be on the hot seat real quick.

RE: Tulane Football Coach Willie Fritz interviewing with both Arkansas & Mizzou - oliveandblue - 12-04-2019 05:33 PM

Mizzou might hire McElwain. His agent already posted that he wanted Mizzou over Arky, and Arky have other targets.

Now Tulane knows that he's not loyal, and can drag him on hot coals if the team skids.

This gonna be good.

RE: Tulane Football Coach Willie Fritz interviewing with both Arkansas & Mizzou - JHG722 - 12-04-2019 05:34 PM

(12-03-2019 05:57 PM)Greenwavedrownsacat Wrote:  Not that we need to, but I believe Tulane could offer $2.5+ Million a year. If willie had that 8+ win season I’m confident we would have done everything in our power to keep him. . . Including offering close to $3m.

Tulane could afford to pay him $10M a year.

RE: Tulane Football Coach Willie Fritz interviewing with both Arkansas & Mizzou - Native Georgian - 12-04-2019 10:25 PM

(12-04-2019 12:20 PM)Fishpro10987 Wrote:  Toiled in the trenches a long time. He's looking for his payday. Unfortunately 6-6 won't get it.
All true, and I wouldn’t hold it against him if he jumps.

I gotta say, though: jumping to Arkansas would be a huge mistake in terms of W/L. He’ll suffer for 3-4 years then get canned. So he’d better make sure the $$$ is guaranteed.

RE: Tulane Football Coach Willie Fritz interviewing with both Arkansas & Mizzou - ArmoredUpKnight - 12-05-2019 08:44 AM

Too early for Fritz

RE: Tulane Football Coach Willie Fritz interviewing with both Arkansas & Mizzou - qwerty1 - 12-05-2019 08:59 AM

If the AAC wants to maintain coaching stability, then pay needs to be in the ballpark of P5 pay. If someone has time, plug in all the P5 coach salaries into Excel and find overall mean, max, min, the quartiles and outliers. Do the same with AAC coaches. This will give a good idea of where AAC coaches need to be to chose to stay in this conference. I think if AAC coaches can get solidly into the first quartile and edge into the IQ then the overhead of working in the P5 is simply too much for most to take on.

RE: Tulane Football Coach Willie Fritz interviewing with both Arkansas & Mizzou - Tiger1983 - 12-05-2019 09:28 AM

(12-05-2019 08:59 AM)qwerty1 Wrote:  If the AAC wants to maintain coaching stability, then pay needs to be in the ballpark of P5 pay. If someone has time, plug in all the P5 coach salaries into Excel and find overall mean, max, min, the quartiles and outliers. Do the same with AAC coaches. This will give a good idea of where AAC coaches need to be to chose to stay in this conference. I think if AAC coaches can get solidly into the first quartile and edge into the IQ then the overhead of working in the P5 is simply too much for most to take on.

The unfortunate reality is the "P5" conferences have a very large financial advantage that makes it very difficult to match "P5" salaries.

For example: